aliens

Author Topic: saucer repair time  (Read 8095 times)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: saucer repair time
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 05:28:37 pm »
Am I the only one to see this as a bug ?

No, there are many other people who see this as a bug.

It still doesn't make it a bug though... bug is when something doesn't work... if it works different than you think or different than you want, it's still a feature.

Welcome to the forum btw. :)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 08:32:03 am »
It still doesn't make it a bug though... bug is when something doesn't work... if it works different than you think or different than you want, it's still a feature.
A feature is when it was intended to work that way. A bug can be a case in which a feature wasn't implemented, when the developer would have wanted the feature. Perhaps you could ask Julian Gollop whether or not it's a bug, but failing that we just have to speculate on it.

I don't care much whether it's a bug or a feature, instead I just fix it with a mod.

Offline TKO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 03:59:38 am »
Am I the only one to see this as a bug ?
One thing to remember about OpenXCom is that it tries to replicate the experience of the original XCOM/UFO game as much as possible.  So repair times on the plane should take as long as they did in the original game.  If you want to deviate from that, that's when you'll need to mod the game, or tweak its rules.  (both of which are easy to do.)

Personally, I like the way something could be damaged to a degree where it really is going be quicker to build a whole new one than it is to repair it.  Things are bent, parts are damaged, other parts may have taken on shock/heat/etc damage.  If a craft has been badly shot-up, I can bet parts of the airframe will have to be taken apart, repaired, straightened, patched, etc .. then you put it together again, test it .. oh crap, some other part isn't working as it should .. take that out, discover damage you didn't expect .. troubleshoot, repair, test, repeat ..  ..yes, it could take a very long time.