aliens

Author Topic: -stuck  (Read 3753 times)

Offline WarWeeD

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
-stuck
« on: November 27, 2017, 04:56:07 pm »
Hi there

I jjust completed the "siberian Base". Bless nukes that allows me to erase all superface lvl xD

The fact is, I dont have anything to do now. The only thing I havent done is the "broke Probost Research"

What I should do know? Will provost research allow me to continue?
Do i have to wait for anther special event?
Ty

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: -stuck
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 05:19:23 pm »
Breaking the Provost will allow some more unlocks.  You should be able to buy one from the kidnappers.

Have you interrogated the stargod coordinator or public enemy yet?

There are a few tech bottlenecks, especially in the late game that will rely on getting a few particular enemies or interrogations and or items (ie, implosion bomb launcher).  These can be locked behind RNG dependent missions.   It maybe worth firing your research team, then hiring them back when you have more options.

Offline WarWeeD

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 05:58:57 pm »
hi

yes i did research that gangsta public enemy. xD But not the coordinator. Didnt found one yet, only novices and guardians.
Im waiting to find a provost. Its so expensive, i dont want to get poor. xD

Thx for the info. Ill try to gwt that coordinator and the provost.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 08:59:56 pm »
hi

yes i did research that gangsta public enemy. xD But not the coordinator. Didnt found one yet, only novices and guardians.
Im waiting to find a provost. Its so expensive, i dont want to get poor. xD

Thx for the info. Ill try to gwt that coordinator and the provost.

AFAIK you don't need the Coordinator if you have Public Enemy Obi-One : ) So focus on getting that Provost.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 10:13:43 pm »
get all 4 parts of the cydonia-code
build the mars attack vessel
arm it to the teeth with the best of the best
launch to mars (cydonia)
win surface battle
win alien base assault
done
restart with other codex choice

Offline WarWeeD

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 01:42:14 pm »
Ty all for the info.

I think Im not going to restart game. I think it dosnt change enought the game to make me want to replay it.
Its a long game and i dont have enought time. I did the big mistake of starting playing it in ironman mode and im getting sick xD Hopefully in this stage of the game, its easy to beat any mission. But early game was madness.
First time I meet mercenarys I lost my best ship and crew. :/ Also first time I notice Church have thoose horrible monsters that transform my crew into zombies... Didnt expect that shit and lost many crew mates.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 02:15:10 pm »
Mercenaries are tough to deal with and nearly the same difficulty level like star gods.
Chryssalids are sexy beasts in all x-com games. They surprise you once with their fun mechanics and after that you got the idea how to work around it.

Starting a new game with a different codex DOES change the way most of the early-mid game plays out. You get different crafts and a different unique vessel-weapon (unless green that gets a generic charger but still good this early in the game) and maybe even a different voodoo school setup.

You can narrow down the core-game to a specific level of technology where you wreck face against everything but the most enjoyable part is doing those important tech-relevant missions with poor and limited technology until surpassing a certain threshold where only mercenaries and star gods can pose a threat to endgame crafts and crew.

Also more 'end-game' content will be added in the future so stay tuned.