Author Topic: New vehicles for the openxcom files?  (Read 5052 times)

niculinux

New vehicles for the openxcom files?
« on: November 20, 2017, 12:35:50 am »
Hello there! I thought i would be nice to have a chit chat on (possibly) new vehicle added in the upcoming versions, so here's my 2 cents:

1) Actually (current version 0.7.5b) the mudranger should not be avaiable from the start; it may have the features of the actual airborne mudranger with a bit more fuel (let's say 300).

2) Some other  intermediatle "civilian" terrain ones, such as a Jeep CJ (that holds 4 people like the van but does not have montly costs, may be avaiable along the private car one the "transport alternative" research topic is completed, useful for covert operations) a minubus (free-of-charge alternative to van, mostly useful for covert missions), a pick up truck or even an APC (may be fitting, it really military along with the mudranger but xcom seems go gather influence over time..) or desert patrol vehicle (as provate transport alternative, holding 3 crew)

3) the mudranger, helicopter and a small jet, after that here we go with fighters and/oraircraft transporters.

That may sound a bit messy but i think would be a more slow and nice vehucle progression.  What would you guys think about?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 03:55:05 pm by niculinux »

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: New vehicles for the openxcom files?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 01:02:37 am »
I still don't understand how to properly use Mudranger. Early on most missions are doable for teams of 2-4, who are patient and use cover. There's only 1 mission where I felt 4 agents were not enough — mansion defence — but my then-only base was in Europe and the random mission sites would only be reachable from the centre of the USA.

Has anybody used it efficiently?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 09:40:52 pm »
I still don't understand how to properly use Mudranger. Early on most missions are doable for teams of 2-4, who are patient and use cover. There's only 1 mission where I felt 4 agents were not enough — mansion defence — but my then-only base was in Europe and the random mission sites would only be reachable from the centre of the USA.

Has anybody used it efficiently?

I've used it very effectively by hiring one for missions right next to my base - though it really depends on base placement.  For example, if you unlocked a cult HQ location, you can remember where the mission showed up one month, place a base there, and transfer over a Mudranger full of agents to complete the HQ mission, then send them back to their original base.  This is particularly useful for the Black Lotus HQ or EXALT HQ, since those are already good places to make a base to begin with.  Trying to use it for much more than that is difficult - fortunately the Mudranger can be sold back to recoup most of the cost.

niculinux

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 03:50:08 pm »
As fo possible addictions: Build mods from Etheral (really like that V-22 Osprey, may act as a Skyranger replacement) and The endless war may be a good source :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 04:14:19 pm »
Osprey ha been in X-Com Files for months since 0.7).
How about you play the game for once instead of asking for random shit all the time?

niculinux

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 04:20:36 pm »
Osprey ha been in X-Com Files for months since 0.7).
How about you play the game for once instead of asking for random shit all the time?

Ahh sorry i have to read the changelog more often!!! 

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 04:39:44 pm »
Ahh sorry i have to read the changelog more often!!!

That would help, but playing the mod would be even better :P