Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304686 times)

Offline XCOMJunkie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« on: November 13, 2017, 05:35:56 pm »
I've recently been reading through some of the older posts about suggestions for the mod and I've got to say I'm impressed by how many of those things have been implemented in a fun way by Dioxine and the rest of the modding community here. Great work all of you!

I also got to thinking that maybe we can brainstorm more suggestions here for modders to comb over... maybe they'll see something they find fun and interesting that they would like to implement too. Or maybe reading about something will inspire them with thier own cool idea, who knows?

With that in mind, let me share some of the things I'd love to see in the XPiratez mod to start things off:

MISSIONS

1. Find a disabled Aquatoid USO, still crewed and dangerous.
2. Humanist headquarters takedown. Die, future nazis, die!
3. Humanist parade through a mutant street. Maybe the mutant alliance tells us they're being intimidated and want us to wreck the party. Perhaps start on the roofs overlooking the street, like a shooting gallery?
4. Crash an Academy party! Bootypedia says the Exalts and higher get a little freaky together... why not join in for a shock-a-fistingly good time?
5. Smuggler's warehouse raid. Maybe they've got lots of average stuff stockpiled away... or maybe a gem cache?
6. The monster is loose! Research facility studying a live Chrysallid lets it get loose... and we need to get it under control!

Also, having now finally recruited my very own Syn, I'm really loving that the changed stats lead to a new playstyle I hadn't really used before (never really used melee previously... now I can't live without it!). It got me thinking that I'd LOVE to see more extremely rare or one-off units that I might be able to recruit to the team that might have thier own quirks and strengths. Here's some potential ideas:

SPECIAL UNITS

1. Isolated research lab filled with killer droids, protecting an almost completed prototype... the Terminator T-800! Loves leather jackets and sunglasses, good with shotguns, and highly resistant to damage. Can't run though. Go Arnold!
2. Recruit a real Ninja! Outstanding throwing stat and terrible firing stat, natural stealth or invisibility, and maybe a spiffy new throwing star or blowpipe recipe? Could be fun, I don't tend to use a lot of throwing weapons at the moment...maybe this would change that!
3. Fallout's Dogmeat, baby! Nimble, dodgy, and very bitey, great TU and Stamina. Bite attack isn't that powerful, but he can bite a lot!
4. Convert a captured werewolf! HP Regen, high HP pool, solid TU's, strong bite and claws. Can't wear armour maybe?
5. Special archeological dig filled with vampire bats, and at the bottom level a single solid stone coffin containing...Dracula! HP drain attack (a natural blood-ax maybe?), moves as a bat and reforms when stopped, sexy camo cloak (invisible at night?), takes damage during daylight.
6. Rescue a real human mage... Elminster maybe, or Gandalf? great Voodoo stats but crap otherwise, comes with sexy white or grey cloak and a nifty staff!
7. Locate Dr. X's latest Uber hybrid gal and rescue her! Higher stat caps than anyone, but starts extremely low due to isolation and imprisonment.
8. Our own 2x2 Humanist Super Soldier suit! Twice the fun with half the crazy, our upgraded suit could have the same dual gauss weapons and perhaps the same crap TU count. Tanky!
9. Raid a Star God base to find an almost-finished combat robot! Who is it? MegaMan! Could have weapon recipes that unlock after defeating (or researching) certain enemies, like how beating a boss gets you thier weapons in the game.
10. Reticulan's offer us thier latest Mechtoid prototype as a reward for helping forge the Reticulan-Human alliance. Could be something funny, like an animated garbage can or a Magical Girl stuffed in a box like the R2D2 actor. High armour, one hand could be filled with an awesome but unequippable super Mushroom beer?

Anyways, hope there's something in there that you all find interesting. Loving the game, thanks again!

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 06:46:10 pm »
11. "Fake" Bootypedia entry about items given by chosen Codex (for sake of stat knowledge of those items). Fake because they would not advance research development.
12.  More VooDoo from the beginning.
13.  Trained Shambler combat unit.
14. Wars between countries and an option to choose  one alliance per continent.
15. Some reasearch boost durning mid game to cut in half overwhelming number of reasearch projects.
16. Codex specific bulding and/or "Contract".

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 07:44:42 pm »
Most of these are perfectly possible to make, and also in line with the Piratez lore. The problem is that Dioxine has his hands full with actually critical content (like multiple arcs/endings, high-tear bounty hunts, basically the entire endgame), so I can't see it happening any time soon (until it fits into this obligatory stuff).

Basically, the best chance to see this is make it yourself as a submod and count on adding it to the main mod.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 11:47:22 pm »
Are there any good guides "how to mod" ?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile

Offline XCOMJunkie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 11:21:23 am »
Sure, it's here:
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Ruleset_Reference_OpenXcom_Extended_Plus_(OpenXcom)

I followed that link, it's a blank page. Is that the wrong link or is it a joke that there's no reference material for modding available? Not sure which it was...

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 01:50:27 pm »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 01:53:01 pm »
Sorry, the forum is not parsing some links correctly.

Offline Blood Raven 117

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 01:45:36 pm »
I'd like to see something more done with the Slave mechanic, perhaps more thorough indoctrination procedures? So Slave Maids become Slave Maidens who I don't know believe in their work so do better? Squires turning into Yeomen is already good, but I'd feel them being more the start for forming you're own spy network or pureblood mercenary organization/front would be cool. And slaves/workers being necessary for certain research and production projects, particularly for building bases, you need X amount of slaves to dig out the base, and perform maintenance and stuff.

Mission critical equipment should also be informed, for example ratmen rodeo should have hammer or pickaxe as "Required" equipment just in case they get stuck behind terrain and cant escape.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 05:42:25 pm »
I'd like to see something more done with the Slave mechanic, perhaps more thorough indoctrination procedures? So Slave Maids become Slave Maidens who I don't know believe in their work so do better? Squires turning into Yeomen is already good, but I'd feel them being more the start for forming you're own spy network or pureblood mercenary organization/front would be cool. And slaves/workers being necessary for certain research and production projects, particularly for building bases, you need X amount of slaves to dig out the base, and perform maintenance and stuff.

Mission critical equipment should also be informed, for example ratmen rodeo should have hammer or pickaxe as "Required" equipment just in case they get stuck behind terrain and cant escape.

Slaves can turn into Fans (not the item) and also turn partly into the 'farmhouse' item.
Slave Maids can be Super Maids or Groupies while 1x is needed to build the 'farmhouse' item as well.
The higher-tier slaves could need a further 'upgrade' if that is even neccessary.
Task-Masters and Farmhouses paired with ordinary workers make Vaults a blast from the past. More building space for lux.-barracks and workshops.
Luxury-Spa needs slaves and building a new hideout seems to just cost money (and quite a lot in the early-midgame) I don't see the reason to go for even more expensive expanding.
With every new hideout you've to bring guns and personnel to defend it and that's enough do$h you've to spent already
(unless you guard it with slaves/lokk'nars and dogs until you can get tanks).
Maybe add a 'harem' facility? For 'eating up' slaves and maids it could be an income- 'accommodation-' and 'vault-' facility that only works with a luxury spa build in the base.
Also a 2x2 building or even 3x3.

Blocked/walled-off terrain in general:
You'll always run into situation where the pickaxe/hammer/torch/mining-laser is needed! It's a must-have just like a barrel bomb or high-explosive.
In the mission "Raynerd must survive" you've to bring those tools to get into the prison. A second path would be to have everyone in flying armor and break the bars of the watch-towers to strike from above. 1x Pickaxe can save the day!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 02:07:58 pm »
A hammer "required, critical" for ratmen rodeo, really? Most walls there are so weak they can be destroyed by buckshot or weak pistols. Please, don't ask me to insult players' intelligence like that, because I won't do it.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 02:39:34 pm »
Probably relatively trivial stuff:

-randomized stat caps not just for freaks, but for everyone, freaks are more extreme
-tamed farbag (perhaps codex locked?)

Lost of work needed as far as I know:

-secure freight type mission for all major factions
-second tier undersea and orbital missions with less trivial oposition
-high end outfits for lokk’naars

Hard to implement I guess:

-minor bonuses to stats (and other things) for condemnations
-tamed chryssalid

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 07:23:37 am »
A hammer "required, critical" for ratmen rodeo, really? Most walls there are so weak they can be destroyed by buckshot or weak pistols. Please, don't ask me to insult players' intelligence like that, because I won't do it.
Maybe a little insulting but there is a point to mentioning how really useful terrain breaking is to the new player. I certainly would never send out any craft without one. Like no climate control in your car, not required but certainly makes things better.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 01:29:05 am »
Probably relatively trivial stuff:

-randomized stat caps not just for freaks, but for everyone, freaks are more extreme
-tamed farbag (perhaps codex locked?)
-secure freight type mission for all major factions
-second tier undersea and orbital missions with less trivial oposition
-high end outfits for lokk’naars
-minor bonuses to stats (and other things) for condemnations
-tamed chryssalid

- Impossible and even if it was possible, I don't think it is a good idea.
- No.
- Certainly not freight. You gotta be patient.
- You gotta be more patient.
- You gotta be even more patient. One coming up this version.
- Planned, but you gotta be patient.
- No.

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
  • Certified cat girl, nya~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 09:46:35 pm »
I'd love to see the Mecha Hitler for humanists. (Since you already have doom and Wolfenstein models) even a tamable giant mech like thing like that but I don't think dioxine would go for it. But for real, would love to see the final bosses to the ID factions for their factions... Though, a cyberdemon sounds scary...