aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 313793 times)

Offline RagingKrikkit

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #945 on: August 21, 2023, 10:25:26 am »
I signed up for an account just so I could say how much I need the option to strap a Grav Harness onto an Aqua Suit and use it in 0-G.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #946 on: August 21, 2023, 11:55:42 am »
I signed up for an account just so I could say how much I need the option to strap a Grav Harness onto an Aqua Suit and use it in 0-G.

Aqua Suit definitely doesn't look space capable, harness or not.

But it could fly in normal environment, why not.

Offline RagingKrikkit

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 21, 2023, 12:46:04 pm »
Aqua Suit definitely doesn't look space capable, harness or not.

But it could fly in normal environment, why not.
The EVA version is Exosuit-rated and usable underwater, as well as on the Moon and Mars, so the only real hangup for deep space operations seems to be the lack of control features, and the Grav Harness itself is already a component of Superhero armor, which is 0-G capable.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #948 on: August 21, 2023, 12:53:45 pm »
The EVA version is Exosuit-rated and usable underwater, as well as on the Moon and Mars, so the only real hangup for deep space operations seems to be the lack of control features, and the Grav Harness itself is already a component of Superhero armor, which is 0-G capable.

...it's usable on the Moon???

Excuse me, I need to go and rethink my life.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 23, 2023, 12:47:00 am »

...it's usable on the Moon???

Excuse me, I need to go and rethink my life.
It's a fully-rated interplanetary spacesuit, for any and every environment. The entire suit was designed to the Theban Queen's specs, and her ambitions reach quite far...

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 03, 2023, 03:36:39 pm »
I have several quality-of-life suggestions:
1) when choosing armour for a warrior, ability to search ("q") would be welcome,
as well as ability/ button to filter armour (similar like items list can be filtered) by environment - underwatter, space, covert ops, etc.
2) Search function in building facility menu - in mid/late game the list is getting quite long and chaotic.
3) In setting, i would love to see option to make all wounded crew to be automatically de-armoured, as you usually have more crew than good armour, and dearmouring them manually is tedious (and de-armouring everyone en mass with "x" is also often inconvenient)
4) It is very convinient that in Inventory screen, you can see weapon damage for selected fighter (by pressing alt and hovering cursor on the weapon). It would be even more convenient if in addition to damage, it would show how well it penetrates armour (Armor effectiveness) (and abbreviation of damage type perhapse) Sure you can alt-tab to a wiki, but when you are choosing what sword (of some 5-10 you have) to give to this or that gal, it would be very convenient to see that information in-game.

--- merged by Solarius Scorch. Two posts in 30 seconds??? ---

New enemy unit ideas:

Technocracy:
big 2x2 tracked unit with humanoid torso & big guns in arms (essentilly  T-1 terminator)
Flying 2x2 unit with rotors/jets, (kinda like Hunter Killers in the movies)

Daemons: Well, many daemons from Doom2 are still waiting their appearance, especially powerful ones that would make daemon faction dangerous in lat-game:
Cyberdaemon would be interesting and valuable to implement, giving daemon faction anti-tank punch to keep them threatening in late-game. To stress the late-game anti-tank role, could swithch/randomly loaded with normal explosive and anti-tank missiles.
Spidermind: essentially spider daemon with more HP, 14mm chaingun and perhapse a force shield. 
Pain elemental would also bring new trick to the table, (also should be easy to make, mostly re-coloured cocodaemon); it's spawning i thing should be made as shooting attack thad deals some concussive damage and then spawns flying skull unit thing near the impact poing.
Fatso Mancub would also be a new challenge, armed with heavy flamer and/or Arena Fireball Launcher.

Spartans
Being just a human faction, I think they shoud get armoured car with some anti-tank gun (105RR); or even a new lighter custom unit like jeep/toyota with a gun mount. I mean cmon, even bandits have armoured cars, it's weird that spartans get nothing nd become joke beyound early game.

Deep ones are another factions that starts struggling pretty early on (especcially in land missions), and needs some late-game unit love to remain viable threat and not just safary meat. As such I suggest some big/boss units:
2x2 giant enemy crab, with tank-level armor and massive melee damage; could have a variant with deep one/aquatoid riding it with sonic cannon.
2x2 lovecraftian Starspawn aka baby-cthulthu. flight, melee claws, ranged "magic bolts" attack with Psi/warp damage type to threaten tank but not necesserily obliterate infantry; and perhaps mind control/terror. Being of unnatural origin, it should be immune to poisonous gas, so widely used to exterminate the deep ones in general.
2x2 shoggoth: big mass of flesh (perhaps made by merging together multiple fartbag sprites) that attacks at range and in melee with powerful corrosive attacks (blast/rapid fire ranged ones, low-tu cost melee ones). Low armour but high regeneration.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 12:48:22 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Azoth

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 10, 2023, 01:37:44 am »
I would like to see the nameless dogs returned if possible. It's too cruel to send tame dogs to enemies with an active Crate of Violence.

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 10, 2023, 10:45:07 am »
I think that is the reason they were removed.

Offline Azoth

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 10, 2023, 10:54:00 pm »
If that was the reason, it would have been easier to just limit inventory space

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 10, 2023, 11:34:49 pm »
It's too cruel to send tame dogs to enemies with an active Crate of Violence.
I think that is the reason they were removed.
I once sacrificed 10 dogs for +5 VooDoo Skill...  ::)

Offline Azoth

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 12, 2023, 01:23:49 am »
I once sacrificed 10 dogs for +5 VooDoo Skill...  ::)

I wonder how?

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 12, 2023, 09:43:58 am »
I wonder how?
The method of murdering puppies or how I got +5 VooDoo Skill?
With grenade. That time it was impossible to bring many dogs at once (heavy platform limit), so have to do several missions.
"Betrayer X" medal is given for 10 friendlies killed (works on nameless creatures also) and grants -10 morale recovery and +5 VooDoo Skill.

Offline Yarrr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 30, 2023, 05:47:23 am »
It would be fun to have a named Werewolf.

But maximum 1 per game, like it could come from an event that only happens once, to keep things balanced.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 07, 2023, 02:11:24 am »
Now that Cat Path is a thing, I'd like to see some expansion on the Peregeine Cult that seems related to them. Maybe a training/transformation for inducting gals/catgirls into the cult? How do the Peregrines interact with the Shadowmasters? The Church? The Nekomimi are a spacefaring people already; could this tie into connections with the Smugglers or the other spacers?

Offline Blood Raven 117

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 17, 2023, 02:00:36 am »
is there plans for a cowboy paperdoll set for the girls? I'd like to theme my girls so I can have a cowgirl, a pirate, etc. I'm using the base Pirate uniform for now