Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 314065 times)

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #930 on: July 11, 2023, 09:23:09 pm »
Catgirl in Party dress can not go to the party! Why let her wear a fancy dress and not let her fave fun in it? Let catgirls test their nails on a party.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 12, 2023, 11:27:40 pm »
other possibly interesting ideas, this time regarding crafts:

- i've still no used it but how ho have a new map for the warbird, modeled after a Mil Mi-24/hind? With some more range and acceleration and 1xMS added, but crew 5 instead of 6. Otherwise might be a brand new craft to add

- researching *the mutant alliance* unlocks the good ol' skyranger, but why not add also the vanilla interceptor from the original 1993 game? Which would be an earlier and downgraded version of the hunter-killer, that is somewhat far in the research tree (requires rank: boss if im not mistaken)

- modify the incinerator and add  a couple of air-to-air heavy machine guns, more like a Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress. Crew 10. (there was a 1993 micropose game of the same name though i never owned/played it  :'( google yourself. Eventually also a cool b22 stealth as an upgraded version

- eventually add a Boeing CH-47 Chinook alike helicopter. Crew 15/20, or alternatively an osprey, there is already a mod here on the forum

- a ground vehicle truck, counterpart of convoy, Armoured personnel carrier alike or a civilian truck but not exclusive for any path. Guns 1x gr (heavy) and crew 8. medium range.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 11:41:48 pm by ontherun »

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 13, 2023, 08:37:18 pm »
I used the Warbird and found it to be a slightly-worse sidegrade of Little Bird. It's a cramped Mi-24 Hind with room for 6 units and no movement. I was really hoping it would be something like the current Scorpion/MI2400 but bulked out with room to stay inside and shuffle units. As it is, the Warbird has the same capacity as Littlebird but it forces your units through 2 doorways instead of freely allowing them to path into nearest cover, and it clusters them up so that a bad explosion at deployment kills all 6 instead of only 3 on a single side. The built-in chaingun is an interesting idea but I wish it was stronger and more befitting of how relatively late you get it. Maybe something like a 50mm (or even the Bulldog?) instead of the 14mm or 25mm

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 14, 2023, 11:31:51 am »
Electro-Flare 40mm grenades to be fired from grenade launchers (and maybe mortar shell bigger brighter version), to be deployed by support grenadier, similarly to smoke charges.
Tactical usefulness in night missions would be great.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 16, 2023, 05:03:39 pm »
40mm Illumination grenades already exist, see https://xpedia.netlify.app/##STR_GL_I
they even have the bonus effect of lighting things on fire! everything's better when it's on fire!

Offline Arctic

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 19, 2023, 03:40:43 pm »
Saw a video about it recently so why not a lunge mine? Exclusive to the Peasant tree (because it is a suicide weapon); in effect, it is an RPG HEAT round on a stick. Run up to an enemy and jab them. Fatal consequences for the user and, hopefully, the target. Unlocked with shaped charges.

Anyway, Xenonauts 2 came out. Has a bunch of cool new alien graphics and a 1x1 UGV with lots of weapon options. While it is a 3D game now, it pretends not to be, so the camera perspective will be right to capture 8-directional images of the units. To be honest I'm not sure any of them would be that great to port over, but I do like the dinky tripod sentry gun you can build for base defense; I'd like to be able to deploy some of those. They are mobile but cannot be taken on missions. Seems much more useful than the rocket sentry in game right now. If anyone is interested I can try to adapt the graphics for OpenXCOM.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 19, 2023, 11:12:36 pm »
a Lunge Mine is just a Stick Bomb with a longer stick. if anything, we should get a reusable lunge mine that doesn't kill the user. that way you can stab a guy and explode a guy at the same time, it's very pirate-y.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 25, 2023, 04:38:22 am »
There is one thing you can do with ship engines over than storing them, build a complex of power stations in a hideout with some free space. This is a good way to stash them until your time of need when you're done researching better planes, it'll break even after a few months

I already do that and you only get 8 Bases dude. I usually do it with my 8th base. Fact is its already filled up, so I wish there was something else to do with them.

Problem: Baby Nukes are awesome, but lack a good delivery mechanism.
Baby Nukes used to be launched by RPGs.

What really needs to happen on an engine level is 2 or 3 Tiered explosive damage radius reduction.

So it can do incredible damage up close up to like 8 tiles, but reduce quickly. Then the reduction is lessened out to 16 tiles, then lessened even more out to the full radius. For example:
20 per tile out to X tile value.
15 per tile out to Y tile value.
Normal out to Z tile value.

Could be used for Grenades which do alot of damage up front but then do pretty flat damage out to a wide radius. Such as this for a Frag Grenade
69,  59,  49,  39,  36,  33,  30,  27,  24,  21,  18
stout damage in the first 4 tiles but then basically 1 bullet worth of damage all the way out to 10 tiles

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 30, 2023, 08:18:02 pm »
In production screen, It would be very useful to have (in addition to the "auto-sell" button) auto-transfer button, so that when the production is finished, produce is automatically sent to designated hideout. Would save quite a lot of hassle.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 02, 2023, 11:34:57 am »
Picking the ?reject the power? path make the game harder snce player won't have acces to shadowtech craft, but provided that balancing is preserved, might be possible add at least a couple of craft to add some decent light interception capabilities to compensate the codex craft loss? The standard air vehicles seems quite useless (not to mention the little bird and the buckaroo...sorry no kinda of offence...) maybe except for the airspeeder and the prianha but still it is not enough  :'(

Also, how about to integrate the very excellent RSSWizard's unofficial sounds mod? It's a load of time since last update, so might be a nice thing  :)

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #940 on: August 03, 2023, 05:22:53 pm »
but provided that balancing is preserved

There is no such thing in Piratez. Very obviously.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 05, 2023, 09:27:38 am »
Frankly I think there needs to be a codex craft upgrade, kinda like a final form because it transforms using the tiny drill in the first place, this will keep the codex craft relevant when more advanced ships get introduced. The requirement to upgrade to the Pirate Battleship would be different depending on which codex type you have, more or less you would end up with something the size and capacity as the Thunderhorse but with an STC and improved capabilities over the strongest codex type (probably 2x HV and 1xLT and 8-10 armor).

This, in difference, to making the game harder since it actually needs to be easier.

I also think there needs to be some big transport that can be built about the same time as the Hunter Killer, probably counter balanced by being weak. Stats like this: Capacity 14 and 3 HWP. Weapons 1xHV, 1xLT. Speed 1900, only enough fuel to go to the exact other side of the world. Health 150. Requires 5 small engines to build it. Its a large cobbled together transport sorta reminiscent of a necro plane, although big and able to carry alot the ramschakle construction leaves it vulnerable, but weapons mountings allow you to get away with alot of damage if you're crafty with air battle.
It could look like a B2 stealth bomber which has had its outer wings folded upwards upon landing (star wars shuttle style) suggesting its much bigger but compacted for missions.

Offline urz9999

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 06, 2023, 05:17:20 pm »
I dunno if it was already answered/existing/planned (if so I apologize), but getting more and more into the lore i'd like to add to roster the infamous VIPs sometimes you got to know from research, maybe like hero units as for the two gemini nekomimis :)

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #943 on: August 06, 2023, 07:43:52 pm »
I dunno if it was already answered/existing/planned (if so I apologize), but getting more and more into the lore i'd like to add to roster the infamous VIPs sometimes you got to know from research, maybe like hero units as for the two gemini nekomimis :)

You mean the Puma sisters? They are already units :3

Offline urz9999

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 06, 2023, 11:12:34 pm »
Yes, I've got them in one of my save (are they given randomly?) but I wasn't sure for other VIPs, the ones in the HISTORY section of the Bootypedia  :), like for Example Jill, Ivana Banana, Saya, Zombia, Captain Jack, Purple bloom and so on. Are they in the game? If not I think that adding some more heroes would be nice for creating the ultimate team for latest missions, at least for me, since oldest xcom days I've always put a lot of effort in team development and keeping them alive, in fact I expecially like the fact that in XPirateZ you have a lot of race with a lot of customizations so you can truly make your party big and unique. Finding the two Puma girls, was a very pleasant event for me.