aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304687 times)

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #885 on: December 28, 2022, 04:53:19 pm »
just 1suggestion - airplane

SR-72 DarkStar  (as startegic, strato- spy plane,  (fighter) / bomber, hi-altitude, hi-7Mach+ )

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 28, 2022, 07:17:06 pm »
regardless of the fetishes of ExperimentX - he has a valid point insofar that the male path could use a little bit of love and distinction.
So - stuff i'd like to see: make the whole superslave/batglas/green lighter chain exclusive to male path. Thematically, it would fit even better there, imho

Offline Torchwood

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 30, 2022, 12:33:19 am »
Thematically, I don't think so. Gals Are Superior is the path of embracing (female) uber supremacy over less awesome races, and with that doctrine comes acceptance of the idea that putting men in flamboyant humiliating costumes and getting them killed as a social experiment is cool and good. Inflicting this sort of thing upon slave soldier in a path where they form either the core of your corps or a brotherhood of the revolution doesn't match the vibe.

A more appropriate buff for the male would would be something professional, like an upgrade to the trucks, for example a pirate APC with a built in minigun turret and more space than the trucks.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 30, 2022, 03:42:43 pm »
Trucks is already a sidegrade to Big Bird or Convoy in the early-and-large transport role. If anything I feel like Truck's built-in rotogun turret should be buffed, it mostly just makes noise and sprays bullets right now. Definitely agree that both Male Touch and Gals are Superior could use another few bits of fluff and content to bring them up to par with Revolution. Maybe give Gals early access to Onsen? Maybe a unique Gals melee weapon (ex. Bardiche sidegrade)? Maybe give Male Touch earlier access to Military Supplies? Maybe a midgame upgrade to Trucks (Heavy Trukkz?) that has a rocket launcher turret (quad RPGs?) or a heavy grenade launcher turret (same as ACAR /AGL?)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 03:45:32 pm by Psyentific »

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 31, 2022, 12:05:18 pm »
Trucks is already a sidegrade to Big Bird or Convoy in the early-and-large transport role. If anything I feel like Truck's built-in rotogun turret should be buffed, it mostly just makes noise and sprays bullets right now. Definitely agree that both Male Touch and Gals are Superior could use another few bits of fluff and content to bring them up to par with Revolution. Maybe give Gals early access to Onsen? Maybe a unique Gals melee weapon (ex. Bardiche sidegrade)? Maybe give Male Touch earlier access to Military Supplies? Maybe a midgame upgrade to Trucks (Heavy Trukkz?) that has a rocket launcher turret (quad RPGs?) or a heavy grenade launcher turret (same as ACAR /AGL?)
I would suggest the rotorgun turret be not exactly upgraded, but somehow to let it improve as player progresses, allowing replacing rotorgun with normal gatling and then laser/heavy gatling when you get them. Will allow some lasting relevance.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 31, 2022, 12:18:52 pm »
I feel many more different missions could be created by:
1) switching side you are on in the mission, for example instead of helping gov protect police precinct, you help Mutant alliance/smugglers/rebels to break out their buddies out of police precinct; assaulting government base instead of defending it from Ninjas (maybe with humanists defending the base instead of gov) and so on
2) same mission, different environment, mostly doing hunt/primal hunt missions in tunnel maps (megascorpion layer and what not). these would naturally more challenging, as melee animal AI is so weak in open area maps, (just milling around while you shoot poor beasties to bits). in some missions, these cave layers might  have static "nest" enemy unit that continually spawns beasts and must be destroyed with flamers/explosives, similar to zombie portals in missions with pyramids.

Making these missions shouldn't take devs much time i imagine, as all the assets used already exists in game, and would add a metric ton of new experience for players to enjoy.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #891 on: January 03, 2023, 12:42:39 pm »
I would suggest the rotorgun turret be not exactly upgraded, but somehow to let it improve as player progresses, allowing replacing rotorgun with normal gatling and then laser/heavy gatling when you get them. Will allow some lasting relevance.

That would require upgrading the whole trucks "craft". Still, it's doable.

1) switching side you are on in the mission, for example instead of helping gov protect police precinct, you help Mutant alliance/smugglers/rebels to break out their buddies out of police precinct; assaulting government base instead of defending it from Ninjas (maybe with humanists defending the base instead of gov) and so on

Yeah, there are many missions like these already, as this concept is rather obvious.

2) same mission, different environment, mostly doing hunt/primal hunt missions in tunnel maps (megascorpion layer and what not). these would naturally more challenging, as melee animal AI is so weak in open area maps, (just milling around while you shoot poor beasties to bits). in some missions, these cave layers might  have static "nest" enemy unit that continually spawns beasts and must be destroyed with flamers/explosives, similar to zombie portals in missions with pyramids.

Last update has a tunnel mission with critters. :) No nest, though.

Making these missions shouldn't take devs much time i imagine, as all the assets used already exists in game, and would add a metric ton of new experience for players to enjoy.

Of course it takes less time than if you wanted to make new stuff, but Dioxine usually wants to add something unique in every mission anyway.

Offline Dead Nettle

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 04, 2023, 06:48:13 am »
A "Zmei" transformation for Hero units comparable to Chorts would be neat. Can pilot vehicles, and disperses to become a guy in a black-on-black suit. Maybe a way to bring Hero units back as Phantoms like Gals can be Shades too? That way we can properly resurrect them.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 07:04:00 am by Dead Nettle »

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 15, 2023, 02:16:29 pm »
It would be really cool if in dogfight screen, it would write somewhere whenever i'm shooting ship down over land or water (so that i can disengage and re-engage over land and not loose all the potential loot).
While it's obvious in case of oceans, in case of inland seas and such it hard to judge and had costed some disappointing losses  of looting opportunities (especially sad if several crafts had to attack big enemy ship, wasting lots of missiles and health, for it to just disappear under the waves)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #894 on: February 15, 2023, 03:09:14 pm »
It would be really cool if in dogfight screen, it would write somewhere whenever i'm shooting ship down over land or water (so that i can disengage and re-engage over land and not loose all the potential loot).
While it's obvious in case of oceans, in case of inland seas and such it hard to judge and had costed some disappointing losses  of looting opportunities (especially sad if several crafts had to attack big enemy ship, wasting lots of missiles and health, for it to just disappear under the waves)

This is an engine request which has absolutely nothing to do with the mod.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 22, 2023, 06:44:02 am »
Sorry, the forum is not parsing some links correctly.
Thanks 4 the link
What part of the code is responsible for the enemy ai behavior? (such as how it decides to shoot or go melee, and for melee enemies to charge or just wander about)?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 11:19:15 am by Ruberto »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 01, 2023, 12:04:35 pm »
I'd like to see more stuff by RSSWizard, please any change to replace the snubby wiht the one here?

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 01, 2023, 02:15:29 pm »
Thanks 4 the link
What part of the code is responsible for the enemy ai behavior? (such as how it decides to shoot or go melee, and for melee enemies to charge or just wander about)?
https://github.com/Xilmi/OpenXcom/blob/oxce-plus/src/Battlescape/AIModule.cpp

I've almost completely rewritten how the AI works in Brutal-OXCE.

You probably should fork from my fork so you can build on it and don't just end up with something similar to what I've already done.

Offline ave369

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 05, 2023, 10:04:59 am »
I would like to have a complete set of A class Bounty Hunting missions.

We already have the A class mission for Goblin Zaxx. We need ones for Jack and the Mutant Alliance.

Here are my ideas

Mutant Alliance A class Bounty Mission: Aggressive Negotiations

We've been wondering for a long time why Mercenaries commit Mutant Pogroms. Turns out, certain high ranking mutant haters are funding these operations, and we've caught word of one group negotiating with the Mercs for a pogrom mission. You have to intervene and thwart this operation in its nascency!

Enemies: a mix of Mercs and a random faction, which can be Humanists, Spartans, Human Mage + some Bandits.

Terrain: Industrial

Jack A Class Bounty Mission: Decommissioned Crawler

I've caught word of some lowlifes buying a used Ninja Crawler from a group of Sky Ninjas. It was already bad enough when Sky Ninjas fielded them, but these monster vehicles proliferating among random wasteland thugs is an entirely new class of terrible. I need you to destroy the crawler and its new owners as soon as possible.

Enemies: Random faction (Bandits, Raiders, Ghouls, Apocalypse Cultists etc) and Ninja Turrets

Terrain: Rural + Ninja Crawler
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 10:08:16 am by ave369 »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 05, 2023, 06:40:06 pm »
Agree with ave369, I'd also humbly add that the current firing sound (version N4.0.2) for the "rcf carabine" (don't know if it applies the other weapons that share the same ammo, that is to say "rcf clips" ) is quite sucky (emh...)may we get another one for replacement?

Also for "The solar courirer" reports, some kind of newspaper background, see examples here

Edit: "who is who" topic deserves a better background too. Here attached is a "The Who" wallpaper from wallpapersafari.com that might be used as inspiration
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 11:13:30 pm by ontherun »