aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304701 times)

Offline username

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #765 on: June 01, 2021, 03:26:38 am »
Yes, I'm aware of all this. But let's say, belt, 6 TU + 70% TU to prime+throw on an 80 TU human = total cost of 62 TU, leaving you with only 18 to move. That means you can cover approximately 2-3 tiles of ground, at 6 TU to run in and out, 1-2 to turn and throw your grenade. 2-3 tiles is basically nowhere. Even at 120 TU, you only get about double that for...about 4 tiles worth of movement.

The AI, on the other hand, manages to do all this, and still unload 2 or 3 pistol shots at you on top.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 01, 2021, 05:45:32 am »
To quote Merdian who is the primary OXCE coder "AI pays the full prime cost, the full throw cost, and extra 4 TUs (hardcoded) for "take into hand" action"

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 02, 2021, 07:39:58 pm »
A new candidate for those endless #xyz tips & tricks entries: RMB click on Vessel inside VESSEL screen puts it on top, affecting both its home Hangar (when more than one Vessel is based in same Hideout), and list ordering in "SET THE COURSE" Geoscape popup.
It's a new feature in OXCE 7.0 and greatly improves vessel organization. It's basically impossible to discover on your own unless one reads through nerdy changelogs so it'd be nice to have in-game. Maybe add info inside existing entry to avoid tips reordering complications.

Offline Dogbarian

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 03, 2021, 04:05:20 am »
Or discover by accident like I did a few nights ago.  ;)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 03, 2021, 05:42:37 am »
Even great Dio cant keep up with all the shortcuts. Most get added on a whim to make merdian's QoL better and never properly documented/shared with the rest of us.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 18, 2021, 10:39:59 pm »
Request:

Siberia Base bring back the Landing Craft.
The loot pile must be protected and it makes no sense to walk onto site - when a fast dust down and deployment has the proper shock value.

To compensate... starting at about turn 4-6 humanists start firing Mortars indescriminantly  at the bare tundra surface from offsite (timed invisible bombs). Make it 3-5 per turn. They can even tend to be centered near the ship area and anywhere strategic, as if circular error probable they drifted off target from a few kilometers away.

Probably the hellerium versions, or simulated 200 damage 85mm BC shells. Enough to make you worry but not baby nukes since those are too expensive.

The idea here is they dont have air defense, instead they'll just butcher anyone who lands (pirates, traders, govts, whoever) with artillery while the main base remains safe underground, with Tanks and Supersoldiers down there as the pincer move.

This forces the player to go underground and not pick and choose what they do with the entrances. It can impact Bombard and an Anti-Tank Missile launcher trying to hit fish in a barrel through the cavern opening (I always do...).

And it can make retreat a chancy move too.
If indeed you're just there for the Paperz... you'd have alot more to dodge than a random Supersoldier who might find his way up there.

Also:
Equipping Baby Nukes/DC launchers on the Stormtroopers is useless and turns them into baby-nuke-givers. In the locations they're encountered ive noticed they'll rarely if ever fire them, and at the bunker entrance that guy usually just vaporizes himself (its also too easy to just mortar the dude or hellerium grenade him). Underground the Arcing weapons dont work so well either so even a Panzerfaust probably wouldn't do the job.

To make those guys more formidable they should have Battle Lasers or Plasma Scorchers since these are very deployable, and a Plasma Scorcher is rather unforgiving.

Plasma Rockets are nice, but Rocket Launchers are a slow weapon even if it can snap shot.

Bring Back The Supply Ship Nuke
Probably mentioned elsewhere, but instead of playing with hardcoding turn limits, just bring back the invisible timed bomb. But set the damage so high it wipes the map including the (999?) damage threshold for the transport craft. We never get to see the stats on it so id suggest 3000.
If you want it to be 10 Turns thats fine, I can ace supply ships in 4-8 turns.

Regardless of killing the mobs with it I dont think it necessarily makes up for losing a transport + 1 peasant. You'd get no loot from it. If there was a positive score, it can represent having Exposed the operation and that you'd infringed on their resupply logistics. Supply Ships are supposed to be hush-hush and its a major embarrassment.

Id also set the invisible bomb to the same toughness as the ship engine. That way if the ship engine goes boom (there's no nuke to go off either, because it got busted, or it was the ship engine itself). From being shot down, or you just say fugit and blast the bottom of the ship.

The ship engine and hellerium is one of the big loots from a supply ship. The rest of the loot is the plasma rockets and gauss guns. If you smash the Big Nuke before it goes off you lose over 2 million bucks worth of loot... 2 hellerium capsules worth if im not mistaken.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 11:03:40 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline username

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 19, 2021, 01:04:00 am »
Siberia Base bring back the Landing Craft.
The loot pile must be protected and it makes no sense to walk onto site - when a fast dust down and deployment has the proper shock value.
I don't think the presence of a landing craft or not makes any difference, because landing craft don't exactly have lockable doors, nor is there generally anything on the surface where the landing craft would provide cover from. As such, this is just going to cost you an extra turn trying to navigate your way out through the maze of most landing craft.

To compensate... starting at about turn 4-6 humanists start firing Mortars indescriminantly  at the bare tundra surface from offsite (timed invisible bombs). Make it 3-5 per turn. They can even tend to be centered near the ship area and anywhere strategic, as if circular error probable they drifted off target from a few kilometers away.
It's a SECRET base. The base would be really obvious if there was a bunch of artillery bases surrounding it.

Equipping Baby Nukes/DC launchers on the Stormtroopers is useless and turns them into baby-nuke-givers. In the locations they're encountered ive noticed they'll rarely if ever fire them, and at the bunker entrance that guy usually just vaporizes himself (its also too easy to just mortar the dude or hellerium grenade him). Underground the Arcing weapons dont work so well either so even a Panzerfaust probably wouldn't do the job.
Honestly, giving nukes to the AI is an exercise in either hilarity or frustration in pretty much every scenario. In a situation where one of them spawns in a position to instantly kill you if you try to even move, so you immediately lose the game regardless of what you do, it's purely frustrating, but in nearly every other situation, it's just hilarious, because the AI invariably causes more damage to itself than to you. There is NO scenario I have ever encountered where the AI equipping a nuke posed a legitimate, non-instant-turn-1 kill threat that didn't involve it obliterating itself in the process. The AI just can't use these.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 21, 2021, 02:33:22 am »
I don't think the presence of a landing craft or not makes any difference
It's a SECRET base. The base would be really obvious if there was a bunch of artillery bases surrounding it.
It also makes your loot pile harder to reach in many cases, and im okay with that. And for some crafts it will provide Cover against random gunfire.

Which is why you have the explosions.
And the mission description already says there's lots of ground activity there.
You also dont need a base to mortar a position. Literally some dudes scattered around the area you could have three or more mortar crews and it'd be really low profile.

plenty of other maps use smoke and toxin sprayers set to go off every turn
this would be one with actual damaging explosions

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 08, 2021, 12:58:57 am »
After some eraly gaming just wanted to ask if might be even added a manufacturable only version of the ganger armor, something in between the chitin plates and barbarian one was just thinking of some fallout 2 leather armor alike, also without needin of some preliminary cave hunting, similari to durathread armor but without laser protection, as for design see here or Google yourself. Other small addictions might be a ganger and militia armor Version for slave soldiers, obtainable before the operator, a couple of pirate ones, such as "halberdier" and "musketeer", and a slimmed down the warrior one, "skirmisher".

Also exploring tunnel topic might be more profitable, lead ro discovering ol' weapons and some stuff/citation a out fallout stuff or vault 13..

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 08, 2021, 12:57:33 pm »
Armor suggestions are good to have, but the bottleneck is appropriate art assets, and the man hours to produce them. Each armor is needs a pedia image, a paper doll for inventory screen, and the battle sprites. All crafted in a frankly tiny number of pixels, cause even with the additions of scaling and filters, the base assets are confined to the original vanilla 320x240 format.

If you really want to see a new armor or armor line, it's vastly more likely to happen, if you pitch some hours of pixel tweaking yourself. If you are that sort of interested join the discord for pointers. Almost every half decent submission of assets over the years has been used in some form.

Offline aku

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 09, 2021, 10:12:45 pm »
Would be nice to rework alenium chamber needing study room to something else because now with analytic rooms the only thing that grants study is personal lab and you can only ever have 3 of those (and 2 are hidden behind unique buildings after long quest chains).

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 11, 2021, 03:42:09 pm »
Armor suggestions are good to have, but the bottleneck is appropriate art assets, and the man hours to produce them. Each armor is needs a pedia image, a paper doll for inventory screen, and the battle sprites. All crafted in a frankly tiny number of pixels, cause even with the additions of scaling and filters, the base assets are confined to the original vanilla 320x240 format.

If you really want to see a new armor or armor line, it's vastly more likely to happen, if you pitch some hours of pixel tweaking yourself. If you are that sort of interested join the discord for pointers. Almost every half decent submission of assets over the years has been used in some form.

Oh ok i did not into programming and game design, but if simeone would to develop these idea i'really appreciate.

A small note: actually "o'harty's gun" should have its decription changed because it's a custom gal production, involvin the guy cited in the actual one would not ha e much sense, personally i'd go for "kustom rifle", "kustom karabine" or simethung else in a more pirate style

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 12, 2021, 09:48:34 pm »
I'd like it if Ninja Badge wasn't restricted to only hand and hat slots. They don't provide any bonuses so there's no need for the restriction.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #778 on: September 13, 2021, 10:48:04 am »
I'd like it if Ninja Badge wasn't restricted to only hand and hat slots. They don't provide any bonuses so there's no need for the restriction.

Wearing your hitai-ate on your arm, so edgy! Must be a Uchiha custom. ;D

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 13, 2021, 12:52:32 pm »
Wearing your hitai-ate on your arm, so edgy! Must be a Uchiha custom. ;D

I want to cover my whole body with forehead protectors to strike fear into my enemies 8)