aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304648 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #735 on: April 30, 2021, 08:06:50 am »
They are good ideas when it comes to concept, the rescue idea in particular has come up many times over the years. But we are dealing with only a modest hobbyist expansion on the capabilities of a now 27 year old engine. Alot of good things we could want it to do, but it can't in the present form.   

Offline Yirtimd2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 30, 2021, 03:46:28 pm »
Yeah It is sad.

Offline Pierpus82

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 30, 2021, 10:18:50 pm »
Mission idea:

"assault on a Megapol precinct"

a Megapol outpost in a city, with Megapol cops and dogs guarding some weapons and some unconscious prisoners , kept in the cells after a recent roundup

What do you think? I know it's not groundbreaking, but i wanted to give a minimal contribute

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 01, 2021, 11:07:46 am »
I like it. Maybe add some parked empty MP cars in the parking lot around the precinct for flavor.

Although there is a larger-scale mission of the same type later on in the game, where you infiltrate a Megapol prison. The other thing is Megapol encounters are the most common type of enemy encounter throughout the game so it wouldn't add much besides immersion (and Slave Lashers) since player would acquire all their tech long ago. But it would fit well if MP gets its own deeper story arc and stuff, I guess.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 01, 2021, 11:54:24 am »
So I had this idea floating around for some time which again surfaced during previous post. What about assigning your Runts to devise mission plans that, once researched (akin to Prizes), would affect mission generation in current/following month? Ability would depend on some kind of mid-late game techs (Advanced Tactics, Art of War,... whatever) and having completed the mission type already (or multiple times).

For example: "Marsec Protocol" (I'm bad at names...) would increase that faction spawn rates in Geo. Either for current month, next month or next 30 days. Besides affecting Geo RNG it could be used to force a mission from already available pool of missions (Space Freighter, Mansion, Demon Shrines, Cannibal Camp, etc), or just spawn a desired enemy ship. The rarer/more complex the mission the more time it would take to manufacture/research. It could go in other direction - to reduce spawn chances of certain mission types. For example: filtering out radar frequencies for Megapol / Dark Ones detection for a month.

Whole idea is to reduce dependence on late-game RNG and give that power to player. It's not hard to foresee RNG becoming even less favorable as more missions get added, giving raise to situations of chasing one missing item that is bottle-necking everything or, more commonly, rare items you need more of.

Offline gijoe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 10, 2021, 01:21:25 pm »
That high quality sound mod for xpiratez is really cool, i wish it gonna be intergated into the game itself, please consider...

Edit: since in the game is possible randomly to recruit heroes, how about to have a gal armor naned "heroine"? Some inspiragion from google here
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 11:43:30 pm by gijoe »

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 12, 2021, 11:49:19 pm »
They are good ideas when it comes to concept, the rescue idea in particular has come up many times over the years. But we are dealing with only a modest hobbyist expansion on the capabilities of a now 27 year old engine. Alot of good things we could want it to do, but it can't in the present form.   

yet, i a "few times will passed, and the engine got roundly 30 years age

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 13, 2021, 05:48:09 pm »
Small Hangar.

It feels like a waste to have a Piranha or an Aircar take up a whole 2x2 Hangar, so I propose a smaller 1x1 Hangar be added to the mod. The starting hideout can be changed to start with 2 small hangars instead of 2 large ones, where the large ones would be required to be built for the midgame craft.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 13, 2021, 06:36:30 pm »
@Delian
That's some timing. Although I endorse the idea currently it's not possible on engine level. Think it's scheduled for next OCXE update though. The bigger barrier is Dio's refusal to implement it in XPZ (going of recent discord discussion about that very subject). But in the future who knows.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #744 on: May 13, 2021, 06:51:41 pm »
According to the Piratez discord, this feature will likely be introduced to OXCE, but Piratez will not use it anyway.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 13, 2021, 08:00:43 pm »
Oh? I thought that if the problem would be anywhere, it would be on the OXCE side, not on XPiratez. So what's Dioxine's reasoning?

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 13, 2021, 09:28:38 pm »
I didn't see any being given but the decision was made at least 2 years ago when the idea first surfaced. There are probably many small reasons that add up and whatever they are they must be convincing enough to not sway such decision in over 2 years. I'd guess it's more effort than it's worth.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 15, 2021, 11:28:08 pm »
Would be nice to have rangefinder item power as abillity (similar to Bugeye menu with psi options)

Offline Yirtimd2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 23, 2021, 05:00:52 am »
Guys! I was thinking about "Carbon Armor" and I was like "Hmmm...". Maybe it would be better to have this technology a little bit earlier in the game and being easier to produce, because when I researched it I already had power armor tech and I was like "ehh, ok", but maybe I did something wrong in research order.

Also human version of that armor would be much more useful, especially for secret missions and if it will be available earlier in the game.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 23, 2021, 07:50:13 am »
Well like many things in the tech tree RNG rules. not every drop you need turns up in the exact right order for what is lowest tier. It is frequently possible to leap far down a given branch while getting nothing for another.