Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 309895 times)

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #690 on: December 19, 2020, 05:21:18 pm »
the liquid,/gas Nitrogen Gun, as kind of stun damage weapon

(or even better described, - as stun, /FREEZEing type of dmg.
Main purpose of  such gun - for live-capturing of high tier ranks members of enemy factions

(inspiration from Predator 2 (1990) movie)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 10:48:43 pm by RolandVasko »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 20, 2020, 04:07:34 pm »
It already is in the game. Standard mounted weapon of space pod, available on missions in space when your soldiers don't have appropriate suit.

Offline EryliaStarheart

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 21, 2020, 08:51:00 pm »
More updates on the WIP. Decided to strap huge honking engines in the shoulders and otherwise make the suit sleek and aerodynamic. Basically all done except misc images. Still might do a recolor.

Probably should be an SS suit, less armor than Testudo but shields and mobility - seen quite a few complaints from people that men don't have useful options in the endgame. Of course, I'm leaving actual balance to the coders; feel free to implement the model however you like.

Still looking for a name. Not necessarily "Skull-something", but I'd like all my suits to have a consistent theme in look and naming.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 08:59:09 pm by EryliaStarheart »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 22, 2020, 02:21:35 am »
One problem this graphic have it in different style than rest of game, other unit graphic do not have black outer lines.
This can have drawback like mutons over grass but this is more mutons faults that graphic style fault.

I think this graphic would work 10 time better if it would fit more current graphic style.

Offline EryliaStarheart

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 22, 2020, 07:15:56 am »
I agree that this doesn't suit the look of the game very well, however, if anything, mutons on the grass have the exact opposite problem. If they had an outline, things would be different. In XPiratez, some units with muted palettes and sprites adapted from CG or claymation (which means more gradients than crisp lines) like bloodhounds have a similar issue of visual clarity that can be quite irritating. I'd say outlines don't look too artificial if the actual unit has the same color on the inside. Will try to mask their presence as much as I can, considered quite a few tricks for that; the entire armor is supposed to be in a darker color scheme anyway, which I'll adjust once done with the detail.

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 29, 2020, 05:21:02 pm »
I have an idea for infiltration mission. Gravball championship.

Ahoy captain! Another gravball championship is coming and a group in our crew officially applied for participation. No idea how they came up with that, however we've received a reply. Judging by terms used in the letter like "filthy mutants" and various sexual innuendos which caused some of them "fair maidens" to get even more excited, as you could guess, it was a rejection. They even referred to the rule book where it clearly says that "No mutants allowed". But rules exist to be broken and we can "participate" in games through our piratey means.
The plan is as follows. We sneak in during the finals and take the main prize while everyone is occupied watching the mach. Of course we'll need to be discrete about this.

Or something like that.

The map would be a stadium with 2 "teams" of ballers in the field. Many unarmed civilians in tribunes. The "prize" would be located in a room below tribunes guarded by 2 policewolfman?And consist of bejeweled cup and considerate amount of money items.
On the opposite side of the stadium would be a VIP room with a rare and expensive person. So you would have to divide your forces if you wanted both prize and rare catch.
This mission is not supposed to be won by clearing the map of enemies so time limit is a must, but it should not be impossible either. Routs from landing area should go below tribunes so you do not have to cross the field and deal with ballers at all. Your enemies should be the guards protecting the important rooms and an occasional paser by.

Offline gijoe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 31, 2020, 01:37:49 pm »
In an early game mission where is to be defend the farm from necropirates - cannot remember the name - among the loot instead of getting always a castaway gal, the change to get a peasant or a gal should be set at 50% of each other  :-\ would make more sense and a bit more realistic

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 02, 2021, 02:05:13 am »
Your not wrong Gijoe, but there is a bit of game balance at work here. That particular encounter is very much part of the tutorial stage of the game, Necros are the first fight that the gals don't outclass by a hilarious margin aside from RNG zombies.

It exists to teach you to fight on somewhat even terms(Maybe even a little behind), with a big potential reward as the carrot. Trust me if there where not 3 gals on the table the table everyone would nope out and never take the risk. A previous iteration of the same encounter was deemed unplayable by the masochistic sect of the community that plays on Jack Sparrow  :P

Offline gijoe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 03, 2021, 03:18:16 pm »
Your not wrong Gijoe, but there is a bit of game balance at work here. That particular encounter is very much part of the tutorial stage of the game, Necros are the first fight that the gals don't outclass by a hilarious margin aside from RNG zombies.

It exists to teach you to fight on somewhat even terms(Maybe even a little behind), with a big potential reward as the carrot. Trust me if there where not 3 gals on the table the table everyone would nope out and never take the risk. A previous iteration of the same encounter was deemed unplayable by the masochistic sect of the community that plays on Jack Sparrow  :P

ok i did not saw it that way, just for the sake of realism :) but hey, sinece there is doom stuff, why do not add a nailgun, for quake reference? It might have the same damage of the varmint rifle (22) with slight less range and capable only of autox4 fire. Might act a lightmachinegun-wannabe directly avaiable at black market from the start, the description should refer it as a workin tool with occasional combat capability...  ;D

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 03, 2021, 07:33:45 pm »
why do not add a nailgun,

There are already TWO types of UAC nailgun in the game.  I guess you haven't come across them yet.

Offline gijoe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 04, 2021, 01:02:45 am »
There are already TWO types of UAC nailgun in the game.  I guess you haven't come across them yet.

Yes sir, my interest decreased after i came across some bugs here. Please mat someine post a couple of screenshots, just for curiosity's sake?

Well is the mod compete yet? I mean there is load of things, mybe is coming the time for a final relase i think. Also because the more stuff gonna be added the more bugs will appear...

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 05, 2021, 03:47:41 am »
Yes sir, my interest decreased after i came across some bugs here. Please mat someine post a couple of screenshots, just for curiosity's sake?

Well is the mod compete yet? I mean there is load of things, mybe is coming the time for a final relase i think. Also because the more stuff gonna be added the more bugs will appear...

Mod is far from complete, most of the end game and the divergent story paths are barest bones. As far as bugs go most things get fixed within a patch, or you can go on the discord since usually individual fixes get out pretty quickly, but Dioxine trys to not get bogged down in purely bug fix patches. Cardinal rule of patches, it fixes something while something else breaks.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 03:49:13 am by legionof1 »

Offline EryliaStarheart

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 05, 2021, 05:16:04 pm »
Almost done with this thing, just the corpse sprite remains. Can still change things if requested. "Man o' War" name likewise provisional.

"Every galactic empire has to begin somewhere. All of the intimidation factor of a faceless elite stormtrooper, none of the budget cuts or vulnerability to pesky protagonists."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 05:33:11 pm by EryliaStarheart »

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 05, 2021, 06:24:55 pm »
Looks freakin amazing dude!

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 14, 2021, 08:53:56 am »
For manufacturing projects that take up work space (in addition to Runts): would it be feasible to modify default behavior so additional space is nullified when Runts working on said project are dropped to 0, but allowing the project to remain listed?

Since XPZ is a huge mod and lots of stuff is changing in production all the time it's quicker to drop Runts to 0, start another project until it completes, then return to original production - without going through laborious process of shutting down original production (to free up space) and restarting it. Another nice benefit over temporary abandoning project is that manufactured item count remains tracked by the game.

An example that made me suggest this: I setup Chemicals (infinite) & Plasasteel (sell) that runs continuously (until something else comes along). It works beautifully but takes a lot of extra space. Then I had to switch to Armor production and only two ways of doing it are to stop C&P -> start armor until done -> start C&P again; or keep C&P listed with 0 Runts and do Armor with a lot less Runt space. Kind of a drag.

Sounds like a great QoL in my head but I dunno how tricky it is to pull off. Mechanic doesn't look exploitable and seems also applicable to vanilla game (although unlikely ever be used due to game simplicity). Basically various checks would need to be shifted to when user increases Runts from 0 -> 1. Maybe a user switch in advanced options or something.

UPDATE
Gotta love it when stuff crawls into my mind just when I'm about to hit post button... I suddenly realized that paused projects (0 Runts) basically have 1 until allocated in production line at all times so my suggestion falls apart. UNLESS... a scheduled pause is coded, so that it occurs as one item is completed but before next one starts. Ah, who am I kiddin... maybe in next life :'(