aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304792 times)

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #615 on: June 18, 2020, 08:42:31 pm »
I'd like to see you mod one up and decide if you like it first.   :)    By the way isn't there a door near there just 1 level up?

xcomfan

« Reply #616 on: June 18, 2020, 09:43:50 pm »
I'd like to see you mod one up and decide if you like it first.   :) 

Well i too wish i were a player/modder, but im only the former

Quote from: Rubber Cannonball
By the way isn't there a door near there just 1 level up?

Yes but another on the ground woulda be more comfortable, the pther on the inner right side is a bit too far for immediate action i think

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 18, 2020, 11:06:59 pm »
I'd like to see the kraken equipped with anotjer dorr ot its left side, as highlighted in the attached screenshot  8)

^^  but it would weakened KrakenĀ“s  side, its outer-side wall.

Kraken is battle - role craft, attack-aircraft ~~ something like A-10 II Warthog, or Il-2, Iljushin Il-10 Shturmovik,  /well, amybe also smthng like C-130x class, kind of (air)craft - but anyway..

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 18, 2020, 11:21:06 pm »
..my brainer -girls (and fighting galls too, overall) are like such little princezzsin dolls, they live and work, respectively research, in quite high luxury, hi-tech ultra-clean rooms and sectors in the vault (base).  :-*  :P there are climas & air-vents, (ventilators), free drinks bars, cattering, small, and big swimming pools, fitness, sauna, jakuzzi, soft sofas, big library, and multi-media-center, (videotheque), lounges, caffe-noir jazz / & disco bars, radiostation, restaurants, etc..

yap, alike we meet Vault - *Fallout Shelter  8) :P
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 02:56:06 am by RolandVasko »

Offline stax77

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 19, 2020, 10:10:13 pm »
This is more a base game issue i guess, but i would like to be able to sort items on the forced sell screen (when you end a mission and have more loot than your stores can hold), similarly to how you already can on the "vaults" screen.

I often find myself guessing what item takes how much space to find out what to get rid of first, and you can't leave the screen without selling/transferring first(so can't check "vaults").

Tip for in-meantime: the biggest offenders are usually soylent, smelly rags, and demon corpses, so check for those first.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 10:15:01 pm by stax77 »

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 22, 2020, 12:08:26 am »
I really love the idea of primitive robots in alternate history settings. All those super death robots built out of primitive components just make me smile. I think some of them would fit well with Xpiratez as early auxiliary units.

CLOCKWORK SOLDIER https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dishonoredvideogame/images/d/d7/Clockwork-4Arms.png/revision/latest?cb=20170729040017
Armor, Front: 50, Left/Right: 45, Under: 30, Back: 30
"Perhaps the most primitive war robot ever built, but nonetheless an effective tool against any unprepared foes. It's four stainless steel arms grant it unrivaled effectiveness at melee combat. Its primitive circuitry is immune to EMP weaponry, but it's exposed internals are highly weak to explosives and electricity."

MOTORIZED PATRIOT http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/bioshock/images/b/bb/Patriota_motorizado_render.png/revision/latest?cb=20130723232825&path-prefix=es
Armor, Front: 65, Left/Right: 55, Under: 40, Back: 30
"A robot built in the image of a pre-alien colonization historical figure, it provides heavy fire support via the included Vulcan Minigun. The gears on it's back are an obvious weak point, but the Brainers refuse to remove them for a more practical design. They say they look cool."

LAPUTAN WARRIOR https://www.deviantart.com/njkuro/art/Laputa-robot-1-336659132
Armor, Front: 60, Left/Right: 60, Under: 50, Back: 50
"A robotic warrior from an ancient civilization believed to be thousands of years old. In its time, it was the most advanced fighting machine on earth, though modern alien cybernetics now vastly outperform it. While the secrets of its design are lost to the ages, it should nonetheless be easy to replicate with modern manufacturing techniques."

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 22, 2020, 06:05:14 pm »
If you sprite them, then they are more likely to be added. Spriting in XCOM isn't hard, its time consuming, but not hard.

All you have to know is in those two links:

http://openxcommods.weebly.com/pckview.html
http://openxcommods.weebly.com/xcom-soldier-sprites.html

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 22, 2020, 07:18:31 pm »
It is summer after all, so I have the time to look into it. They'd all be locked behind a new "Primitive Robotics" research line.

PRIMITIVE ROBOTICS
"All the ruling factions use war robots to further their agendas. We don't want to get caught off guard by a bunch of gauss hovertanks, now do we? I recommend we invest in the development of our own robotic troops, to swell our ranks with an army that does not need to sleep or eat. We current lack the capability to build the Elerium powered death machines that pump out of the aliens' offworld colonies, but we've produced some promising prototypes that we're interested in exploring further. If that interests you, I mean."

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 27, 2020, 05:45:47 am »
I'd love to have a squad of slave soldiers decked out in the tactical armor from jin-roh.

Offline peirceg

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 29, 2020, 01:25:41 pm »
Plasma weapon fx from the 40k mod

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 08, 2020, 02:34:38 pm »
I'd like to see the kraken equipped with anotjer dorr ot its left side, as highlighted in the attached screenshot  8)

I wouldn't. Please don't ruin the Kraken.

There's like 5436854 ships with 764348 holes in them, let us have this one.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 02:37:45 pm by Iazo »

Offline ZoA

• Captain
  • Please don't go. The drones need you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 08, 2020, 10:57:14 pm »
I'd like the ability to recruit  Raider Thugs as Uber Dude if I chose ?We Need Male Touch? tech path. We already can recruit Raider Scout as Uber Gals so i think it would be interesting to mirror this technology to turn some Raider Thugs in to uber equivalents of slave soldiers without losing all the benefits of their Ubernes when we first have to turn them in to slaves.

I think Uber Dudes should have similar stats as Uber Gals, but should be available only to those that selected ?We Need Male Touch? tech path and only be available by turning captured male ubers, not through market. Also probably should require additional prerequisite technology such as Interrogation Techniques or ad least Persuasion. To save development time they could be equipped with slave soldier armors enlarged for ubers, with slightly modified stats for balance sake. That would save time on making new sprites and writing trappings descriptions.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 09, 2020, 07:31:11 am »
just another special room, for interrogating of captured enemies and persons of interest

yap, exactly just like it was -that such white, round, small but high, white, - clean interrogation room, in Nikita (1993 - 99 tv-serie )

+another suggestion, ideas - without this room -would not (should NOT) be possible to "interrogate" some valuable enemies, and vip persons,
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 07:35:42 am by RolandVasko »

xcomfan

« Reply #628 on: July 09, 2020, 02:41:31 pm »
As for Raiders, would be nice to have the chance to manufacture the Raider Boss armor once researched, as L2 it is only capturable and wearable.

Or at least gal may make a custom version of their own, named mistress armor, don't know whether the name is already used in the mod

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 09, 2020, 02:54:58 pm »
As for Raiders, would be nice to have the chance to manufacture the Raider Boss armor once researched, as L2 it is only capturable and wearable.

Or at least gal may make a custom version of their own, named mistress armor, don't know whether the name is already used in the mod

There are certain gals you can recruit who come with Boss armour. :)