aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304671 times)

xcomfan

Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #585 on: May 29, 2020, 04:16:53 pm »

Some small assets or lore takes effort, so do the work yourself if you want something trivial added.

Ok i don't know but obviously i'm not forcing anyone, that is crystal clear, just suggestions  :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 06:52:11 pm by xcomfan »

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 29, 2020, 06:47:53 pm »
Yes, but you are the only one that wants it, so no one else will do the work.

xcomfan

« Reply #587 on: May 29, 2020, 06:52:45 pm »
Yes, but you are the only one that wants it, so no one else will do the work.

i know, just givin' an input, not ordering :)

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 30, 2020, 03:35:18 am »
omfg, yes, you are giving input, but the input is pointless without putting any effort into it. Yours is a voice among hundreds, in a mod that's been developed for something like 5 years.

Offline Interdictor

• Sergeant
  • AC-Incendiary! Let autocannon burn again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 31, 2020, 07:38:41 pm »
Sailor school uniform with experience gain bonus for peasant girls. Peasant version of maid outfit would be nice too, I just don't like their default shepherd dress.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 01, 2020, 05:14:25 pm »
Sailor school uniform with experience gain bonus for peasant girls. Peasant version of maid outfit would be nice too, I just don't like their default shepherd dress.

Militia has exp gain if I remember correctly. Maid outfit for peasants just waits for you to sprite it.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 03, 2020, 05:40:20 pm »
You get the militia outfit for peasants, that gives a better xp gain than even the sailor outfit for gals + some minor armor and stat boosts.

But now that we're on the topic of  mostly dumb suggestions, here goes mine: add this 14 barrel flintlock to our already ridiculous roster of craftable weapons, just because it looks exactly like something the gals would want.

And yes, its a real, working gun. Good luck loading all 14 barrels though.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 05:46:25 pm by Dakkdakk »

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 03, 2020, 07:44:36 pm »
If anyone is going to mod that 14 barrel flintlock,  I suggest setting the reload time high enough so that it can only be loaded in the equip screen prior to battle.

xcomfan

« Reply #593 on: June 03, 2020, 10:47:53 pm »
But now that we're on the topic of  mostly dumb suggestions, here goes mine: add this 14 barrel flintlock to our already ridiculous roster of craftable weapons, just because it looks exactly like something the gals would want.

And yes, its a real, working gun. Good luck loading all 14 barrels though.

Actually i foun it not dumbish, very cool instesd. From what i get it has 2 shits only, each one fires 7 rounds simultaneously, right?

Edit: the 14 rounds gun may be an upgrade of a 7 rounds one if ee could have both? Also consider a pistol type. Weirdos guns suits fine to the mood of the game, i think ;D

Edit 2: there is also an oriental musket (i saw yesterdsy in the forum but cannot remember where) and a wheelock mortar!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 07:02:00 pm by xcomfan »

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 03, 2020, 11:16:46 pm »
Seriously though, if Dioxine is ever in need of inspiration for ludicrous guns that were/are actualy real, Forgotten Weapons is the best source for that stuff. You'll find stuff from pinfire revolvers with barrels with 20 chambers, literal hand cannons that are pretty much exactly like the assault cannons, african poacher musket guns made out of iron pipes, 4 gauge punt guns, weirdly futuristic looking south african grenade launchers, weird naval guns that look like gatling grenade launchers, WWI autocannons, flintlock machine guns, flechette rifles from the 60s etc.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 11:28:44 pm by Dakkdakk »

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 05, 2020, 02:32:09 pm »
X WING FIGHTERS AND LIGHT SABERS. YEEEHAW!

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 05, 2020, 03:22:51 pm »
We already have lightsabers.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #597 on: June 05, 2020, 04:15:40 pm »
And M-Wings.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 05, 2020, 06:07:53 pm »
... which is basically F-15E with hellerium engines/generator. ;)

xcomfan

« Reply #599 on: June 11, 2020, 10:09:14 am »
Seriously though, if Dioxine is ever in need of inspiration for ludicrous guns that were/are actualy real, Forgotten Weapons is the best source for that stuff. You'll find stuff from pinfire revolvers with barrels with 20 chambers, literal hand cannons that are pretty much exactly like the assault cannons, african poacher musket guns made out of iron pipes, 4 gauge punt guns, weirdly futuristic looking south african grenade launchers, weird naval guns that look like gatling grenade launchers, WWI autocannons, flintlock machine guns, flechette rifles from the 60s etc.

Absolutely! As dor that stuff, check the duck foot from that channel  Also a scoped flintlock and a double barrel flintlock:
  Alternaticvely, also some cyberpunks firearms might be fine  :)

Again on the tools of the trade: would not be hair-splitting; but regard the assault weapon family (pistol, rifle, smg and machine gun) only the first is buyable at black market after research while the other two need the military supply bounty prize to ne purchaseable: how about to add also that pistol to that rooster? nother thing might be to add also the military shotgun to the bounty and pheraphs rename the other items eg.  assault pistol---> military pistol and so on and replace it with another weapon. I like cohesive families! In the first case, in place of the assault pistol might be added a ramshackle pistol

Spoiler:

The messer should be more common like the spraygun since it's ancient tech and to add more challengr he UAC weaponry should be used only by dark ones and unlocked upon research them: right now researchers and nurse carry UAC carabines while dark ones zombies use domestic shotguns and even pitchfork, in that case in the "doomed farm" mission, though in this case it has some sense..

Some observations about enemies:  may be cool to add another ratmen unit: the "ratman mafia boss", since that organization is mentioned in the lieutenant article in bootypedia. Ratmen as of L2 ate featured in a couple of missions: "ratmen rodeo" and "ratmen cave", might be assed another one involvin the possible bosses? Simetging like "ratmen biss meeting" where some band chiefs are organizing a diplomatic rendezvous...Or at least add ratmen as enemies in "help the locknaars" mission; that one features only sky ninjas and reapers enemies, in that mission stormrats too should be featured. Are sky ninjas to be found in other missions or the lock naar is the only one? Is planned another mission where they appear?

Random thoughts:

The money purse is more common that the bad of cash, though bot seems to bring the same omount of chis, might be possible to randomize the content?

A prison break mission where gals have to free someone may be a nice bounty mission.

As bootypedia says, worms's door relase tear gas once are approached, for commodity would be nice to ad some coloured signal on the contact spot fpr door on the each side, so it maight be less frustrating and more enjoyable for the player as the craft does not make difference between piratez abd hostiles? Cannot remember precisely, but ive highlighted the position in the screenshot below.

Edit: Found out that the positions that trigger the gas are the sides of the black and yellow squared stripes tiles, correct me if i am wrong, it's cool it might be activated also from the inside! But as for that how on to rename the worm--->snake  (coz it's "poisonous"!) and the snake----> eagle, since we got already an hawk.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 02:34:48 pm by xcomfan »