Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304797 times)

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #570 on: May 20, 2020, 12:56:11 pm »
Also a Bodeo Model 1889 would be a nice reference to dylan dog (it's the gun used by the charachter, if you like comics) maybe modify a little the six-shooter sprite, don't know whether another name might be chosen :)

Here you go, pal.

xcomfan

« Reply #571 on: May 20, 2020, 03:31:18 pm »
@JustYheDude: wow thanks!!!  :-*

@Dioxine some new random ideas:

* For humsnists how about an FG-42 (also featured in 2001' "Return to Castle Wolfenstein") and a Sturmgewehr 44 or 45 (the latter a bit more common/known) the fg might be done by modifying the current auto rifle sprite and the StG the homefront rifle, the former might be used by another kind of unit (hilumanist assault trooper) or by common soldiers, while the latter by military police. Other small alternative may be an MP 3008 and a Volkssturmgewehr. Krueger and magneto-plasma gun might be used only by leaders and instructors then?

* Idea for a new vessel: here (possible neme "Shark"?) Crew=5
Guns: 2xlight 3xheavy. Might be an assault version of blowfish, capable to go both underwater and on air (not in space) but rather slow and with medium range. Shark jetbike may be simply renamed "jetbike"

* For ratmen progoms, since armored car  it's "technologically advanced" for them how about to replavenit with a nice catapult shooting pitch procjectiles? Also highwaymen and ghouls in these mission may be replaced by reaper cavalry, stormrats and ratmen brigand, armored cars and highwaymen may appear along in raider progoms, if any, and ghouls in mission related to them and smuggling vessels ground assault?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 04:41:40 pm by xcomfan »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 20, 2020, 08:29:16 pm »
@JustYheDude: wow thanks!!!  :-*

* For humsnists how about an FG-42 (also featured in 2001' "Return to Castle Wolfenstein") and a Sturmgewehr 44 or 45 (the latter a bit more common/known) the fg might be done by modifying the current auto rifle sprite and the StG the homefront rifle, the former might be used by another kind of unit (hilumanist assault trooper) or by common soldiers, while the latter by military police. Other small alternative may be an MP 3008 and a Volkssturmgewehr. Krueger and magneto-plasma gun might be used only by leaders and instructors then?

Sky is the limit, making weapon sprites is fast and easy. Decent FG-42 if I have to say so myself.
Strumgewehr I think looks very similar to "Battle Rifle" so what is the point?
MP 3008 is appearance isn't much different from STEN besides vertical magazine port and Volkssturmgewehr looks like a nice piece of easy to sprite weapon.

xcomfan

« Reply #573 on: May 21, 2020, 11:10:14 am »
Sky is the limit, making weapon sprites is fast and easy. Decent FG-42 if I have to say so myself.
Strumgewehr I think looks very similar to "Battle Rifle" so what is the point?
MP 3008 is appearance isn't much different from STEN besides vertical magazine port and Volkssturmgewehr looks like a nice piece of easy to sprite weapon.

Thanks again! For the revolver above it might be named "rusty revolver"? Sidenote: some tutorial on this forum on how to make units, and even vessels may be great
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 11:12:19 am by xcomfan »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 21, 2020, 11:44:43 am »
Thanks again! For the revolver above it might be named "rusty revolver"? Sidenote: some tutorial on this forum on how to make units, and even vessels may be great

Everything in the grasp of a hand:
http://openxcommods.weebly.com/pckview.html
http://openxcommods.weebly.com/weapon-sprites.html

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #575 on: May 21, 2020, 02:55:33 pm »
Sorry but black background ate your shading, see attachment (after conversion to a non-black background).

xcomfan

« Reply #576 on: May 26, 2020, 01:33:34 pm »
I've unlocked death realms contect, but the picture is an "ordinary" one, might be added a more cool background in bootypedia? Also, it unlocks a couple of weapons, might be added the arc volter ones? Inspiration:

Edit: One thingh that might make more sense is actually the possibility of research everything gals found in the world, i knoe there are prequisite for manufacturing/buying items, but it would be more rewarding for the player, eg i recovered flechette gun but cannot research it.  Some countries are required to unlock some specific research like the death relams that unlock some weapons, it is planned the researching every country in the wolrd will unlock some research?

Edit 2: a couple of pics for possible replacementbof the contact: death realms bootypedia.

Edit 3: to enrich the underwater weapons department, also the aqua wepoans starter pack might be added, see here
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 03:22:01 pm by xcomfan »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 27, 2020, 04:03:53 pm »
Taking apart a flechette gun early in the game wouldn't help, because all the brainers could say would be that they have a clue how this works, because they don't understand the underlying principles.

If you gave a medieval person a modern pc he wouldn't be able to figure it out because he'd be missing the needed background knowledge (applies to most modern people as well, but the brainers are in the lab for a reason) and they would be missing crucial tools. I imagine the lab is getting upgraded over time, which is why for example the scanner is an important research project. Let's assume medieval guy has power because a power source was be delivered back as well. He'd be able to figure out some things by turning it on an off, trying things on the screen with the mouse an keyboard. But there is nothing to see on the mainboard why something works.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 27, 2020, 11:44:46 pm »
I always assumed flechette gun is locked the same way as plasma and gauss weapons are. So it's not a question of not understanding the underlying principles (gals can wield laser weapons just fine for example), it's the problem of the weapon requiring specific techno-magery knowledge to actually work instead of exploding in user's hands. Coming back to Rince Wind's example of a computer - not even the most intelligent medieval bumpkin will figure out anything about a computer if it's been password locked. Heck, they'd fail to even grasp what computer passwords even are and how they work. Even modern people have problems with that. :D

xcomfan

« Reply #579 on: May 28, 2020, 10:34:48 pm »
Chaingun cannon from duke nukem 3d, any chances? Or quake nailgun?

Or some ideas for units from 90's "rise of the triad"?

« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 10:22:23 am by xcomfan »

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 29, 2020, 01:10:35 am »
~~^^
yass, RotT!

Humanist´ic Cult
mainly, and *Hand of God:P

xcomfan

« Reply #581 on: May 29, 2020, 10:05:33 am »
Yep mat suit to the mod. Also something from Strife: the quest for sigil, it' a fantasy-futuristic and somewhat gorish games, here's a review:

Don't forget to pay a visit to zdoom forum, contact one of the authors of the mods to enquire, if someone wants, to use their works  :P or trying to obtain from freeware games

« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 10:13:01 am by xcomfan »

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 29, 2020, 01:27:48 pm »
If you're going to suggest something, then please also suggest the reason why it should be in this mod.

To give you an example - why would Dioxine include the DN3D chaingun if we already have the (Doom) chaingun, AMG, LMG, Spitfire and many other autofire weapons. What role would it fit which is not already covered by existing weapons? What makes it different (other than looks)? etc.

xcomfan

« Reply #583 on: May 29, 2020, 02:49:06 pm »
If you're going to suggest something, then please also suggest the reason why it should be in this mod.

To give you an example - why would Dioxine include the DN3D chaingun if we already have the (Doom) chaingun, AMG, LMG, Spitfire and many other autofire weapons. What role would it fit which is not already covered by existing weapons? What makes it different (other than looks)? etc.

i meant even sone small assets/lore might be added, in thr case of strife, the sigil that might be bought after research "ye old magic shoppe" or some
reference to the order or some units like accolytes might be made, you see, are some small ideas, just "food for thought" since ive not explored every single part of the game  :)

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 29, 2020, 03:17:36 pm »

Some small assets or lore takes effort, so do the work yourself if you want something trivial added.