aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 305083 times)

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #555 on: May 05, 2020, 09:14:21 pm »
^^

heh, potions, alchemy, stealing, (..and also "expert, master, and grandmasters teachers", armmaster skill, strong chainmail, grand town shield, *Path of Light, and Path of Dark*, too.. )

yap, ufo~~xcom>  Might aend Magic Piratez   8) :) D)
 :D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 09:17:02 pm by RolandVasko »

Offline peirceg

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 08, 2020, 04:24:54 pm »
I would love to see boarding. Launch a missile from a craft with a low speed high reload time which on hit "destroys" or "forces a landing", while still being in the air (blue tiles to represent air, I dunni). Mission could have a strict time limit and it could only really work with larger craft I suppose. Failing that a boarding pod launched from a base.

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 08, 2020, 04:44:37 pm »
So basically a fancy tractor beam with a bunch of scripts to make the map look like you're in the air.

Offline peirceg

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 09, 2020, 12:55:27 am »
I guess so basically. with movement only allowed inside the craft - would be a lot of CQC.

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 09, 2020, 12:56:42 am »
And a lot of scripting lol, doubt it would be worth the enjoyment with the difficulty of doing that.

Don't get me wrong, this would be amazing, I just recognize how much work it would be.

Offline peirceg

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 09, 2020, 08:15:48 am »
Saw this cool thing on the 40k forums, would be a nice addition to the random nature of troops in xpiratez - random stats

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=7416.0

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 09, 2020, 10:11:10 am »
Saw this cool thing on the 40k forums, would be a nice addition to the random nature of troops in xpiratez - random stats

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=7416.0

Its more like randomised stats cap, not stats in itself.

I belive that Piratez have something like that in form of Freak Gals that can have starting stats that greatly exceed stat cap.

This is more of a mod design policy, than a new feature.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 09, 2020, 10:27:34 am »
I would love to see boarding. Launch a missile from a craft with a low speed high reload time which on hit "destroys" or "forces a landing", while still being in the air (blue tiles to represent air, I dunni). Mission could have a strict time limit and it could only really work with larger craft I suppose. Failing that a boarding pod launched from a base.

ah, you probably mean smthng like the *Courier" mission ("Action, Akce  Kuriér") - mid-air, or, even better, above-stratosphere "meeting the 1small, 1personnel concealment "satelitte", with only just 1 special soldier, on special infiltration mission, meet, and "embark, penetrate into any bigger craft, /space station, ships, etc..
(..yap, as it was alrdy shown & seen in one movie (i forgot its name now, but it was "stealth meeting, and literally "sucking", (prisatie, pripojenie) ~~^^ F-117 with such ..short interconnecting "tunnel", tube (just behind the F117´s pilot cabine) touch and connect onto the belly of big Boeing 747 plane )
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/LtFw6_YJiFs/maxresdefault.jpg

.. - stealth meeting the any bigger airplanes in mid-air, isuppose´dly, - with strictier time limit

.. - and "meet, infiltrate and board on-to any spaceship, /station - in space (almost withou any time limit)

and here is it:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 10:38:19 am by RolandVasko »

Offline peirceg

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 09, 2020, 12:47:19 pm »
Its more like randomised stats cap, not stats in itself.

I belive that Piratez have something like that in form of Freak Gals that can have starting stats that greatly exceed stat cap.

This is more of a mod design policy, than a new feature.

That is the point, you wont know a units potential unless you allow it to bloom on the battlefield. I love for a way for this to work with enemies too, with slight variance between bandits, and robots etc having no variance at all.

xcomfan

« Reply #564 on: May 12, 2020, 10:03:14 pm »
A vessel named man o' war - government related - might be cool, as well as bucanders, flibusters and corsars, competitors like ninjas and necropirates, a bit more stronger than highwaymen, that may appear after unlocking !bandit business! topic, with an handful of missions 8)  they may unlock a letter of marque, someone may suggest its usage/implementation? Might have effect alike the land deed

An halberd is present? Ive seen only a pike so far. And related yo fuso stuff, nunchakus?

But unforgivebly if a peg leg have been added, why an hook is missing? Must absolutely have it, along an eye patch  ;D items that grant special bonuses, like the demon skull..

Food for thought: steampunk pirate eeapons concepts (an auto-sword might be original, at least, along a new sprite for the clockwork gun, why not to have also a snapshot for it?)

Edit: also boarding assault mission may be interesting, like the cruise ship in TFTD but don't know if two stages mission may fit well into the mod. Any suggestions? Sorry for the typos but writing  from my smartphone...aarghh
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 10:31:28 pm by xcomfan »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 12, 2020, 11:28:56 pm »
Well, you don't need 2-stage missions for cruise ships anymore because the engine and modern computers can handle it. So just keep playing...

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 12, 2020, 11:52:21 pm »
^^ lůl 
interesant, and fancy nice notices,
valuable suggestions,

btw. - if such classy pyracy, (*pirateria"), - so also let take -in, admit -in also Space Pirate Cpt.Haarlock too! ! :p :D  (..and others spin-off tv-series ( Galaxy Express, G.Railaways, and soo muchmore :o )
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 02:39:31 am by RolandVasko »

xcomfan

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 20, 2020, 07:53:50 am »
^^ ..but they do.. (panic)

(..if i remember correct now )

xcomfan

« Reply #569 on: May 20, 2020, 11:00:42 am »
Also a Bodeo Model 1889 would be a nice reference to dylan dog (it's the gun used by the charachter, if you like comics) maybe modify a little the six-shooter sprite, don't know whether another name might be chosen :)