Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304817 times)

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #435 on: October 30, 2019, 01:14:59 pm »
I vehemently disagree with your 'too easy' judgement.

1)No one is stopping you from selling you radar/prison/airbus and roleplaying on how the game should be played.

2)If too easy, please feel free to start on JS/SM and work your way from there.

3)If still to easy, do it without losing any of your units.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 01:18:57 pm by Iazo »

Offline alex-g

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 30, 2019, 01:29:37 pm »
 It's not really about "too easy" or "challenge stuff" and more about research progression. In short, you begin your study and only after a while will you learn about the things that you already have and which by then you don’t need anymore, since you already get an more cool staff (you start building a scooter already having a car).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 01:36:05 pm by alex-g »

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 30, 2019, 03:58:12 pm »
I would say it's kinda already implemented in the new patch.
You can get hunter killer UFOs right from the beginning of the game. From raid and military transport missions for example. If you try to check them out with your airbus, poof, it's gone. Along with all the equipment in it.

I haven't started a new game yet on the new patch, but that's what I imagine it would be like.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 30, 2019, 06:52:40 pm »
It's not really about "too easy" or "challenge stuff" and more about research progression. In short, you begin your study and only after a while will you learn about the things that you already have and which by then you don’t need anymore, since you already get an more cool staff (you start building a scooter already having a car).

That is even worse. We already have a story in place. (You are a group of escaped experiments which stole an airbus and found a base prepared by mysterious benefactors) While I can understand gameplay taking precedence in front of story, I cannot understand another story taking precedence in front of the existing one.

You want your own story? Why don't you mod it then?

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #439 on: October 30, 2019, 07:29:20 pm »
flying limousine! (mercedes, ..or any similar bigger car..)

like was in "Team Amurica: World Police" movie

..and train,  any hi-tech train (mag-lev, or that continental train with its A.I., - from StephenKing´s Dark Tower serie.. )
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 10:22:48 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline alex-g

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 31, 2019, 09:12:59 am »
That is even worse. We already have a story in place. (You are a group of escaped experiments which stole an airbus and found a base prepared by mysterious benefactors) While I can understand gameplay taking precedence in front of story, I cannot understand another story taking precedence in front of the existing one.

Just a little explanation(destruction during landing, lack of fuel, lack of spare parts for repair), the story doesn’t change for the most part.

*joke mode* I know that you are just afraid to play without ship doors  ;D

misterx

« Reply #441 on: October 31, 2019, 09:43:57 am »
Just a little explanation(destruction during landing, lack of fuel, lack of spare parts for repair), the story doesn’t change for the most part.

well i think may be a good idea, and won't make the mod any harder, considering at the beginning the game player cannot engage in fly fights at the begonnig of the game

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 31, 2019, 07:57:13 pm »
As was said earlier, it is possible to sell the airbus on day one. But some other means of getting to missions would have to be in place.

As it stands, the first "transport" available after 4 researches is the Expedition with speed only 75. I am not sure which missions do or do not dissapear even when targeted, but you those disappearing will be unreachable and you are not going catch any hostile shipping.

Next up are Bikes with speed 225 after 6 researches. You could catch something with those.

So if you start without transport, you will be unable to do any missions for at least 10 days and entirely unable to catch up to shipping until you get a faster transport.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #443 on: October 31, 2019, 09:51:28 pm »
There is a little suggestion(it not hard to implement possibly) to do early game more smoother and challenging, by removing a high-tech(which are much deeper in the research tree) and op things that are available from the very beginning, like;

- AIRBUS. shooting enemies without leaving the ship, that familiar  to all fans of the original legal cheat, which allows you to do quite hard mission from the very beginning, first transport should be EXPEDITION...then player research BIKES or TRUCK(if chose SS-tech line) then Contacts: Car Thieves. So you can feel early tech progression.
- Prison Cells. Academy personal is too big source of money early on which allows you to rush gameplay very quickly and makes a lot of early tools\production\research is kind of meh. plus random tech is a feature that makes research progress not smooth at the beginning(fine in later on).
- TOOLS (Parrot, Flintlock wpn, Black Powder Bomb, Assault Cannon and Mini Cannon). The things that you get at the beginning are limited to those you found at the base (pic). Again, removing it gives a sense of progression and you still get them anyway through a couple of missions or through research for the next month, but it be you job.
- Hi-Res Radar (optional). you can still scan with the EXPEDITION non stop, but you will not be overloaded with messages about flying vehicles, which you still can’t do anything by most.

Man I don't even know where to begin.

A) Watch the intro again. Do you require of me to trashbin most of the backstory?
B) You want me to make the player cry, because he can't keep allies who come to his base? To delay exploring the world and lore by being unable to interrogate anyone? To put them out of contact with any outside people? That's bad design, man. It's like not being able to talk to anyone in Monkey Island until you finish a couple quests. Or not being able to shoot in Doom for first few levels. You want me to change the game to something entirely else.
C) In short, no fun allowed? What's the point of being a pirate if you can't even fire a cannon? Can't have a parrot??? Besides, almost all weapons you have are available for sale, if not in unlimited quantity by peasants, then for sure in Jackstown, from where a few of them could have passed hands and ended up in your possession. Also you didn't watch intro, again. So I would have to change backstory, again.
D) You don't like standard base radar, but are fine with equally, if not more, advanced Hangars and Armored Vaults??? Now this simply baffles me.

In short, your propositions do not make a iota of sense. You want different game, not mine. Also, do I need to say that...
A) you can sell the airbus or save-edit it into Expedition;
B) you can dismantle the prison;
C) you can sell all the weapons;
D) you can dismantle the radar.
Here - you have the game you want now. Nice and easy, man :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 09:53:22 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 31, 2019, 10:08:10 pm »
I dont have any grand ideas about game design changes, I'd just like to see some variety of a punt gun in piratez, it just seems exactly like something the gals would enjoy using.

In short, its basically just a really, really large 2 gauge shotgun that could fire more than one pound of lead shot (though the gals would prob be insane enough to fire really large slugs out of these things) in order to shoot down nearly an entire flock of ducks out of the sky with a single pull of the trigger. Hell, the gals coud prob even improve on it using plastasteel or something, maybe having it as a rather innacurate super weapon to penetrate your enemies at a distance ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

There's no records of pirates using these things, and we do already have literal hand cannons, its just something I thought would be cool to have. It could have ammo with really large spread that could do slashing damage, like an early game flak cannon.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #445 on: October 31, 2019, 10:33:48 pm »
@alex-g ..well, as i understand it, (if i get it right), you want slowier tech. progression, humbl´ier, modest advance in techs research, and overall progress..

yap, similar as like in Doom (or any action-shooting, tactical /strategic game..) the player would, SHOULD be start-ing at first, in first few missions, only with - just & only with 1small knife..
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 08:40:42 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #446 on: October 31, 2019, 10:39:54 pm »
Or not being able to shoot in Doom for first few levels.

yay!, exactly like this!

(..yap, this kind of beginning already got on mind me.. - it would be interesting, (and it wonder me,) how would it to be like, starts, begining only with knive, or even with bare hands, from very beginning,
(..and few firsts levels, 2 - 3 beginners maps..

in Doom,
(or literally any pc game, action shoot, /or tactical simuls..  )
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 11:16:23 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline alex-g

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 01, 2019, 09:05:18 am »
 Guys you did not read carefully, of course i tested it all(so I know that I can do it myself one way or another).

As was said earlier, it is possible to sell the airbus on day one. But some other means of getting to missions would have to be in place.

As it stands, the first "transport" available after 4 researches is the Expedition with speed only 75. I am not sure which missions do or do not dissapear even when targeted, but you those disappearing will be unreachable and you are not going catch any hostile shipping.

Next up are Bikes with speed 225 after 6 researches. You could catch something with those.

So if you start without transport, you will be unable to do any missions for at least 10 days and entirely unable to catch up to shipping until you get a faster transport.
Did i miss something? Because as far as I know, when an craft is directed on a mission, it cannot disappear. In my test walkthrough I got 3 missions in the first month fist was brothel than 2 watch towers, dropped more, but I missed them due to team injuries(and keep in mind that it just took me a while to investigate the expedition) so it was not so difficult.

@alex-g ..well, as i understand it, (if i get it right), you want slowier tech. progession, humbl´ier, modest advance in techs research, and overall progress..

yap, similar as like in Doom (or any action-shooting, tactical /strategic game..) the player would, SHOULD be start-ing at first, in first few missions, only with - just & only with 1small knife..

Yes you got the idea and you can try it, by most part it's only affects the first month, and maybe a couple of weeks of the second
then everything goes as before.

In short, your propositions do not make a iota of sense. You want different game, not mine. Also, do I need to say that...
A) you can sell the airbus or save-edit it into Expedition;
B) you can dismantle the prison;
C) you can sell all the weapons;
D) you can dismantle the radar.
Here - you have the game you want now. Nice and easy, man :)
Like i say before yes, I know, I tried and there is nothing to worry about (there is no disagreement with the intro because start tools and base layout not described and by the way it more consistent you are not a pirate at first, you become them after a "call a meeting" and there’s no some sort of punishing difficulty also). But i get it. It diverges from your vision of an early game, thanks for the answer.

There is a question, I played without prison, but still got the runaway gal after the mission with a brothel, this is a bug?

« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 11:18:40 am by alex-g »

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 01, 2019, 05:20:51 pm »
Guys you did not read carefully, of course i tested it all(so I know that I can do it myself one way or another).
 Did i miss something? Because as far as I know, when an craft is directed on a mission, it cannot disappear. In my test walkthrough I got 3 missions in the first month fist was brothel than 2 watch towers, dropped more, but I missed them due to team injuries(and keep in mind that it just took me a while to investigate the expedition) so it was not so difficult.
I know for sure that the race mission given by Jack does dissapear even when targetted, I do not know any other. But it proves they can exist.
I looked into it ("Piratez_Factions.rul" -> "type: STR_AIRCAR_RACE_FINISH") and it has a tag "despawnEvenIfTargeted: true".
The only other missions in that file that have it are late game missions, so you seem in the clear for that.
But chasing down shipping is still going to be a problem, even if it lands. You are going to be more of a raider than a pirate with that start.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #449 on: November 02, 2019, 06:05:16 pm »
There is a question, I played without prison, but still got the runaway gal after the mission with a brothel, this is a bug?

The game assumes you have a prison (which is quite logical, since you have a prison since day one and not a single good reason to sell it). If you don't, some minor inconsistencies can happen, but they will be straightened out as the game makes storage checks.

EDIT: And in general, don't blame the mod for unexpected behaviour if you exploit something (yes selling your only prison is also an exploit, only of the "make game harder", not "easier" kind. - the game assumes you can hold extras for a few days and they won't die from that, since they're humans, not aliens with alien biology, who die quickly without Containment facility). If you exploit, unexpected behaviour is actually what you should expect.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 06:09:27 pm by Dioxine »