aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304638 times)

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #420 on: September 24, 2019, 07:01:38 am »
Uh, I honestly hope you're joking on not getting the symbol.  Here's a hint, it tends to be linked to an iron eagle or a canted oddly shaped cross.  Also skulls.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 07:04:14 am by khade »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #421 on: September 24, 2019, 03:07:54 pm »
Uh, I honestly hope you're joking on not getting the symbol.  Here's a hint, it tends to be linked to an iron eagle or a canted oddly shaped cross.  Also skulls.

Come on dude, this is the oldest joke ever. :)

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 26, 2019, 05:04:39 am »
Just can't tell with some people.

On a note of things I'd like to someday see in here, high tech pirate gear could be fun, we're supposed to be space pirates, right? So why do we go away from the outfit so quickly?  :'(

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #423 on: September 26, 2019, 02:49:04 pm »
Just can't tell with some people.

On a note of things I'd like to someday see in here, high tech pirate gear could be fun, we're supposed to be space pirates, right? So why do we go away from the outfit so quickly?  :'(

Because gals are real pirates, not historical reenactors. They use what is most effective from amongst the tools at hand.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 26, 2019, 10:15:06 pm »
Fair enough.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #425 on: September 26, 2019, 11:07:35 pm »

^^ ah, yu just didnt get my tiny joke´ing..
be very sure i know about ..those things you mentioned above.. (nacism, symbols, svastikas (left, and also right -turn -"criss, cruices (..kríže.. ), "haken-kreutz..), and also history, back-ground, and where-abouts of ww2, NSDAP, politics parties and movements, persons, in EUrope (not only) during WWars, in 20th century..  etc.. at all.. )

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions

misterx

« Reply #428 on: October 20, 2019, 10:38:30 pm »
Only an humble suggestions. There are other moda in ti è forum plenty of resources; for example to expand futhermore low tech weaponry extraterration international combat mod form efenspartano's or some modern stuff, may be worth to pay a look to space pirates stuff

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #429 on: October 21, 2019, 03:42:25 am »
^^^   bleh!, well, let we just want Maetel (..well, or Miimey, too)  in x-Piratez game :o :P

misterx

« Reply #430 on: October 23, 2019, 11:56:13 pm »
^^^   bleh!, well, let we just want Maetel (..well, or Miimey, too)  in x-Piratez game :o :P

Well, actually in between low tech and futuristic weapons also steampunk stuff should be fit too. Try also "slugthroeer weapons" or "staraars weapons", google is our friend (quote)

Aside from intercepting wanderers and bandit squads may be nice to add some wagon/train assault mission that can me engaged with terrain vehicles/means like bikes and expeditions, if even possible.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 12:02:15 am by misterx »

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #431 on: October 25, 2019, 02:51:31 am »
~~^^definately want in x-Piratez Vampires, wampires themes, and so such stuff and plot-arc, - especially, for example, upon movie *We Are the Night (We Sind die Nacht),  - it would be best fitting into all-female Gals concept

also, 1suggestion for mission - searching ideal, (optimal, preferabelly female) candidate for vampire transformation, (just persons with such *vampire genes, genotipe..)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 07:02:15 pm by LytaRyta »

misterx

« Reply #432 on: October 25, 2019, 03:09:17 pm »
Weel, also some Trigun theme alike may be fine (clik here, here and here)

Offline alex-g

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 29, 2019, 10:29:35 am »
 Hi guys, for a start I want to say thanks for your work, tried the mod and have a blast. Original X-com was my first pc game back in 94 and your work really breathed second life into it now, this is even more relevant now, when interesting and deep tactical games is kind of rare.
 There is a little suggestion(it not hard to implement possibly) to do early game more smoother and challenging, by removing a high-tech(which are much deeper in the research tree) and op things that are available from the very beginning, like;

- AIRBUS. shooting enemies without leaving the ship, that familiar  to all fans of the original legal cheat, which allows you to do quite hard mission from the very beginning, first transport should be EXPEDITION...then player research BIKES or TRUCK(if chose SS-tech line) then Contacts: Car Thieves. So you can feel early tech progression.
- Prison Cells. Academy personal is too big source of money early on which allows you to rush gameplay very quickly and makes a lot of early tools\production\research is kind of meh. plus random tech is a feature that makes research progress not smooth at the beginning(fine in later on).
- TOOLS (Parrot, Flintlock wpn, Black Powder Bomb, Assault Cannon and Mini Cannon). The things that you get at the beginning are limited to those you found at the base (pic). Again, removing it gives a sense of progression and you still get them anyway through a couple of missions or through research for the next month, but it be you job.
- Hi-Res Radar (optional). you can still scan with the EXPEDITION non stop, but you will not be overloaded with messages about flying vehicles, which you still can’t do anything by most.

In conclusion, now in the first two months you are too overloaded with everything, you often get very strong loot from landing ships or hard mission beating them using OP tools, then make big amount of cash by selling prisoner and you don’t need most of the early stuff(
why kill scorpions and make yourself a chitin ax, when you easy loot ak, shotgun or a hunting rifle by 2-3 week and start shoot at half map right from the ship)...or even some time much more powerfull stuff from crates. I try my suggestion by selling all of the above and it was fun, much more step-by-step progression instead of bottom-height.

Uhh that long. Tnx again

misterx

« Reply #434 on: October 29, 2019, 01:39:12 pm »
Actually some cool sound replacement for firearms wepaons (like the rcf carabine, uac carabine  and homefront rifle), maybe need some editing and resampling work, if someone minds may try capturing some sources here: click

Edit: muskt sound here Christmas is rather near, so it may be a nice present...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 01:44:39 pm by misterx »