aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304882 times)

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #390 on: July 12, 2019, 10:20:00 pm »
Well, the Lunatics are technically space pirates, so what about space soldiers? meh, too forced.  Special soldiers?  Special services?  has the advantage of not saying what the service is, so could work with both slave and free soldiers.

Storm troopers, in whatever language gets the acronym right is probably out, even though it's pretty spot on.

Edit

There isn't actually a reason beyond it amusing me that I'm trying to stick to a SS name, so maybe a better option is elsewhere
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 10:23:53 pm by khade »

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #391 on: July 13, 2019, 12:10:06 am »
ss ~~ super soldiers

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 13, 2019, 12:13:35 am »
How about bullet magnets? Let them run the overwatch fire so the important crewmember can charge through?

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #393 on: July 13, 2019, 01:51:55 pm »
btw. ..but i really would want that *Mauss, as "humanist vehicle (for safety transport their VIPs, treasures, and - also gals, too )

yap, such Mause, in versia of year ~~~2200 ~~ 2500, at least..

(hmn.. and dont it necessary to be ..fly-able, just ground -drive

just like classic tank, a bit modern hehe (for year °°~~2300
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:30:12 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 13, 2019, 05:14:56 pm »
Quad RPG Launcher Vehicle loses its loaded rockets: latest XPiratez version.

AT BASE:
I load the 4x vehicle launcher by hand, then place 2 additional quad packs into its backpack

AT CRASH SITE:
Quad RPG Launcher Vehicle loses the rockets loaded into it at the base, I have to load it by hand again.

AT MISSION BEGIN:
Quad RPG Launcher Vehicle now correctly has 12 rockets to fire, otherwise it has just 8 rockets, when I forget to load it AGAIN  right before mission begins.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 13, 2019, 08:00:54 pm »
Pretty sure that is already implemented. ;)

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 11:41:19 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 18, 2019, 07:18:01 pm »
Aren't advanced interceptor basically just like those? It's available for every codex (and lack of one).

Offline Blood Raven 117

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 28, 2019, 10:07:56 pm »
Hmm, a new uniform for your pirate, a US Marine based uniform of stylish blue, and getting Melee Shoot and STA bonus, so I can have my sabre armed marines charge a poor sucker and plunge it into his chest.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 28, 2019, 10:37:59 pm »
Hmm, a new uniform for your pirate, a US Marine based uniform of stylish blue, and getting Melee Shoot and STA bonus, so I can have my sabre armed marines charge a poor sucker and plunge it into his chest.

Isn't SS GI suit made just for that?

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 15, 2019, 09:34:36 pm »
Designer Pets (requires Broken Church Beastmaster)

"In addition to the creation of genetically engineered monsters, the Church also partakes in the breeding of exotic pets, both as gifts to it's high ranking members, and to be sold for a pretty penny. The Beastmaster politely instructed us on how we could do so ourselves, but we need both Medical facilities and vacant beast storage to do so. Gestation takes some time, and no matter what creature we breed, we always get a litter of six new units upon project completion. All creatures are statistically superior to their more common equivalents, and have additional psionic abilities."

Leads to Designer Dog, Exotic Bird, Majestic Cat

Designer Dog

"The best traits of both a Blood Hound and Guard Dog rolled into one, with a supersonic bark that damages armor and causes enemies to panic."

Exotic Bird

"A majestic flying creature. Has incredible vision, even at night, and can detect enemies through walls to some extent. NV:30, Sense:6"

Majestic Cat

"The most beautiful pussy that ever lived. It's can boost the morale of multiple soldiers at once, and it's claw attacks ignore 90% of enemy armor.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 15, 2019, 10:08:59 pm »
Designer Pets (requires Broken Church Beastmaster)

"In addition to the creation of genetically engineered monsters, the Church also partakes in the breeding of exotic pets, both as gifts to it's high ranking members, and to be sold for a pretty penny. The Beastmaster politely instructed us on how we could do so ourselves, but we need both Medical facilities and vacant beast storage to do so. Gestation takes some time, and no matter what creature we breed, we always get a litter of six new units upon project completion. All creatures are statistically superior to their more common equivalents, and have additional psionic abilities."

Leads to Designer Dog, Exotic Bird, Majestic Cat

Designer Dog

"The best traits of both a Blood Hound and Guard Dog rolled into one, with a supersonic bark that damages armor and causes enemies to panic."

Exotic Bird

"A majestic flying creature. Has incredible vision, even at night, and can detect enemies through walls to some extent. NV:30, Sense:6"

Majestic Cat

"The most beautiful pussy that ever lived. It's can boost the morale of multiple soldiers at once, and it's claw attacks ignore 90% of enemy armor.

It seems nice but:

Bark damage armor, no, it is too much. Ignore % of armor and damage only morale an TU it is better.

Exoctic bird. Sense 3 and NV20 its powerful enough. If wanted, spot 2-3.

Cat. I prefer the shredder cat mod. 90% ignore is extremly OP. Maybe just change damage to bio.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 10:22:50 pm by ajnunezr »

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #402 on: August 16, 2019, 12:00:39 am »
Midnight Cat:

Majestic Pussy'foot Cat
"The most beautiful (*pussyfoot*) pussy that ever lived. It's can boost the morale of multiple soldiers at once, and it's claw attacks ignore 90% of enemy armor.

Midnight Cat ~~ Silent, shadowy, & pussyfoot'ly midnight'ly pussyfoot hunter et spion,

The most beautiful, pretty pussy-foot pussy
(preferably female, she -form)

~~ use'able concept of such cutesweet catty' unit for most (action-)CRPGs' games (4 classics, old ones, and new'ers ones too..)

~~ extremely stealthy, pure *"pussyFoot'er",  = 100 % ~ 160 % unseen, undetectable by enemy, & sometimes ..unnoticed even by her own Gals ( ~~20 ~30 % of "unseenny", by friendly units)

~~ very handy at bosses and top-tier enemies

~~ +15 % ~ 30 % boost at-once all on-mission' Gals`morale

~~ +15 ~ 25 % boost all friendly soldiers psionics skills

~~ +5 % bonus to all Gals' psionics powers

~~ +10 % TU for every by'standers friendly units (except vehicles, drones and robots without AI) within range of 3 tiles

~~ NV_at day : 28 ~ 30  ..has incredible vision °°

~~ NV_at night : 36 ~ 39 ~ 40 ..even, hey!,mainly at night °°

~~ Spot: +2 (in days),  ~ 3 (nightly)

~~ Sense: 6  - can detect enemies through walls to some extent. (average NV:33, Sense:7)

~~ Critical Hit:  +30 % chance to cause crit.hit to enemy

~~ 160 % bio attack  - it's claw attacks focusing mainly on enemy's head, and especially attacking on enemy's face and eyes ( = "headshots" ) ignore 90% of enemy armor.

~~ + 15 % chance to (of) panick of enemy

~~ + 25 % more chance of seduction of enemies (mainly of, focused on females' enemies) 

~~ +2 stealing skill ~ steal from enemy units small, & precious, little and valuable thingies (rings, gems, chips, cpu, mems,data-crystals, jewels, etc.. ), = must be avalaible some her own inventory slots and space accessible

~~ Has incredible vision, even at night, and can detect enemies through walls to some extent. NV:30, Sense:6"
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 09:47:51 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 16, 2019, 12:35:30 am »
If you want OP units just make them yourselfes.

Btw, there is no such thing as a critical hit in X-COM.

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 16, 2019, 02:14:41 am »
And if you don't want them, they could still serve as vendor trash just fine.

They can be found on certain missions, mansion raids, city raids, boot camps for instance, and you can either train the ones you capture or sell them.