aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 305126 times)

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #375 on: May 06, 2019, 03:17:03 am »
Maybe a new environment tile or two to convey that a live audience is watching the fight. And maybe a special Contestant Armor or something, ripped straight from Smash TV?

CONTESTANT

Front: 20
Sides: 20
Back: 20
Under: 20

"The standard issue armor of those who fight in the Death Realms Arenas. Comes in two colors to convey when two different teams of humans will fight, ours will always come in blue. It comes without torso armor to show off the muscles of the men it was originally designed for, though the protective headgear helps mitigate Daze and Choking damage. EnergyRegen=120%, Wt=-5, CombatStress=-1.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 07, 2019, 01:10:49 am »
Amusingly, if you check the minimap, the enemy is blue team. :)

Regarding the Dark One discussion, the Star Gods would appear to have intervened since humanity is not nearly extinct. At least not as a direct consequence of the gate to hell being opened. After six centuries, it would appear to amuse the Star Gods to keep the gate open in some capacity, it's possible that they came to terms with the Icon of Sin, or subdued or enslaved it. They may wish to make use of the hellgate as a form of transportation. We never find out what the maximum range of the hellgate is since the demons attack before the UAC can really test it, but it's at least interplanetary distance since Doomguy is able to get from Phobos to Earth via it. It also apparently has no meaningful mass limit because the entirety of Deimos wasn't a deal breaker.

misterx

Offline howareyou32

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 21, 2019, 05:36:26 pm »
Please add all kind of armors for my dog. So he can survive longer under fire and even go to space and water with me.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 23, 2019, 03:24:57 pm »
armor for doggies seems a bit reduntant but being able to go to space or water might still work to use them as torpedoes

Offline jungybrogan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 24, 2019, 11:31:17 pm »
Would love to see melee functionality expanded further with D&D style attacks-of-opportunity:  a free melee swing attempt would trigger when moving directly away, or leaving a unit's FOV in melee (you'd be able to reposition to their sides without penalty, also attacks-of-opportunity only trigger when a unit has vision, so backstabs aren't affected).

The one tile ranged-evasion is awesome, but currently all you have to do is step 1-tile away, which somewhat trivializes its function.

misterx

« Reply #381 on: July 11, 2019, 10:13:35 pm »
I've seen that humanists are getting their own arsenal (messer which is mp-40 inspired, panzerfaust and ol' rifle that is mauser98k clone alike and so on) would be nice to see a machine gun too, instead of the assault one wielded by guild security, how about an mg42? Openxcom files has such similar sprite, pheraphs it may be used. And, of course, it may be called "ol' machinegun".

Also, another armor for slave soldier may be a commando outfit named "commando".
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 11:30:50 pm by misterx »

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #382 on: July 11, 2019, 10:17:13 pm »
..and what about *Mausse* ?! :p 8)

i want Mauss, for safety driving, /transport of my gals! ;P

yap, and *Waffentragger auf E100, for .."dealing with enemy vehicles :p ;D) lôl

(yas, just now im on my (so much slooowly) way to get Tiger (P), and im exping Hetzer too :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 10:23:47 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 12, 2019, 05:31:55 am »
It took me way too long to realize that Slave soldier had a SS acronym.  I think that's a funny thing, and would like to keep the acronym, but it doesn't seem appropriate to call the hired human help Slave Soldiers when you've taken the Male Touch route.  Is it possible to change names of things for diverging storylines?  And does anyone have any setting appropriate names for the human male soldiers that keeps the funny acronym and still gives them the respect they would have to have in that route?  Maybe one that could have an insulting meaning if you're going the slave route, if names aren't easy to change based on research done?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 12, 2019, 07:02:53 am »
Not really. It's technically possible but your idea as presented involves pervasive renaming of an internal id and object, and all references based on research done. No such direct hook and populate ability exists. The engine for all the work that has been done, by OXCE devs, is still largely 90s tech. 

You could instead duplicate the entirety of SS current mentions/objects/strings with "nicer" title, and then have only one batch presented. But that means duplicating and editing hundreds of references and strings for cosmetic impact. Most of these items are hand made one at a time.   

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 12, 2019, 07:40:02 am »
I hope we can get Brutes instead of Slave Soldiers for Male Touch branch, but making new armors is a lot of work.

misterx

« Reply #386 on: July 12, 2019, 09:07:44 am »
You could instead duplicate the entirety of SS current mentions/objects/strings with "nicer" title, and then have only one batch presented. But that means duplicating and editing hundreds of references and strings for cosmetic impact. Most of these items are hand made one at a time.   

It might have been possible to have it renamed "male soldiers" (MS)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #387 on: July 12, 2019, 09:30:43 am »
Too Microsoft. :P

misterx

« Reply #388 on: July 12, 2019, 11:18:35 am »