Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 305052 times)

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #270 on: February 09, 2019, 01:20:24 pm »
Excellent idea!,
but rather weight [20, 85, 25], ~as "80" is for big Laser Backpack "Battery" (respectively little enhanced reactor), made from that improved (and yet down-sized) Small ship engine (reactor)

thus; ~

Laser^pack @Backpack :  size (3x4),   360 rounds,  56 dmg per pulse

or:

480 rounds, @ 48 damage  (more rounds (pulses), less damage per 1round)
or
250 rounds @ 68 dmg  (avice´versa, - less rounds, at abit more dmg per 1pulse)

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 08:49:47 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #271 on: February 09, 2019, 04:34:46 pm »
.. & also, pls make also some power-armor powered with such down-sized, reduced Small (ship) *BackPack mini-reactor

´´at least, 1 such prototype of such (literally exactly) Power-armor, or, better, whole development linie  ( = "celú vývojovú radu" )
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 04:48:20 pm by LytaRyta »

niculinux

« Reply #272 on: February 09, 2019, 04:36:04 pm »
Some weapon ideas I had.

Lucky Star (bounty prize, likely from Zaxx)
1x2, Wt 6/9
Snap, 27% TUs, 77% accuracy

Star Clip (1x1), 7 rounds, 14 Piercing damage
Star Gold Clip (1x1), 7 rounds, 20 Piercing damage (requires research, Gemcraft, and Alchemy?)

Inflicts 0-1000% of the ammo's listed damage.

"The weapon of choice for high stakes gamblers, who, not coincidentally, are among the only people capable of affording it. Despite firing low powered ammunition, it has been known to kill Power Armored soldiers in a single hit."

Splattershot (Pilfered from enemies)
2x2, Wt 8/12
Snap, 25% TUs, 75% accuracy
Aimed, 55% TUs, 110% accuracy
Auto (x5), 50% TUs, 45% accuracy

Ink Tank (1x2), 20 rounds, 50 poison damage
Venom Ink Tank (1x2), 20 rounds, 85 poison damage (must be researched)
Hypervenom Ink Tank (1x2), 20 rounds, 140 poison damage (needs more research than the Venom Ink Tank)

"This weapon was built by (and is used almost exclusively by) the Inkling race, it fires highly toxic blobs of ink at enemies. Inflicts massive damage against unprotected flesh, but has difficulty penetrating armor (Enemy armor is 150% of its normal strength against this weapon), and is completely useless against tanks or other robotic life forms.

Pack Laser (Built and researched by the Pirates, early energy weapon)
1x3, Wt 20/50/25
Snap, 30% TUs, 72% accuracy
Aimed, 65% TUs, 105% accuracy

Pack Laser Backpack (2x3), 255 rounds, 48 Laser damage
Pack Laser Battery (1x2), 25 rounds, 48 laser damage (requires Laser Weapon Batteries)

"We know how those fancy laser weapons are built, but not how to build them ourselves. We figured we would change that. The Pack Laser employs minimal use of exotic components, although this does come at the cost of making the gun large and quite bulky. The biggest hurdle (and namesake of the weapon), was figuring out how to power it. All attempts at developing a battery for this weapon have failed, so instead, we effectively made a Small Ship Engine into a backpack and hooked the Pack Laser up to it. It weighs a ton, but on the bright side, you don't have to worry about carrying spare ammunition."

Agree on that!

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 09, 2019, 08:38:28 pm »
Excellent idea!,
but rather weight [20, 85, 25], ~as "80" is for big Laser Backpack "Battery" (respectively little enhanced reactor), made from that improved (and yet down-sized) Small ship engine (reactor)

thus; ~

Laser^pack @Backpack :  size (3x4),   360 rounds,  56 dmg per pulse
or:

480 rounds,  @ 48 damage /
/250 rounds @ 68 dmg

I like that idea, and it would probably need to be stronger if it did weigh 80 pounds. Like the 68 damage version, maybe a bit like a laser version of the 37mm gun. Probably wouldn't need an actual ship battery as a building component, but it would be a research prerequisite. A ship battery as a building component would be way too expensive.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 08:41:00 pm by thevideogameraptorboggle »

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #274 on: February 10, 2019, 05:51:05 am »
<Small Ship Engine >  ~~~ {down-sizing, & enhancing, improving} ===>  "Personal BackPacked Battery Power'Pack" (Reactor) ~~ aka  *Personnel  BackPack ~Wearable mini-Reactor*

(
"fuelled" by Ellerium~128,
Half~life: "1,69 year"
stable, constant power~output:  16 ~ 19 kW
*Peak ~power output: 24 ~25 kW

« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 03:24:19 pm by LytaRyta »

niculinux

« Reply #275 on: February 10, 2019, 10:28:59 pm »
Another lil' idea: as th current version - that is to say 0.99J11  researchng "logistics" gives the "convoy", whle in bootypedia is displayed like a military truck in battlescpe like a couple  of APCs instead; therefore my suggestion is: make a military truck as the attached image and in battlescape be displayed a single one, acceleration may remain the same, while crew may be half of the "expedition" (12 instead of the actual 24)  8)

Edit: moreover, guild security should be carring RCF carabines, instead they got UAC carabines, assault machineguns and blackmarch smgs, i suggest to replace the UAC with the RCF, those formers  should be wielded by the dark ones troopers, along the UAC weaponry, as of now on in games i've seen only Spartans use those RCFs  :o  a new sound effect for RCFs and/or ramshackle rifles would be cool tool; in closing regarding the b17 please make them more common at least in early game? Ancient tech should be way more common, till the midgame, maybe :)

« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 11:40:29 pm by niculinux »

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #276 on: February 10, 2019, 11:02:07 pm »
^^ Tatras! :p

( ~~==  Tatrovky  :D 8) ]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 04:59:18 am by LytaRyta »

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #277 on: February 11, 2019, 12:03:03 am »

niculinux

« Reply #278 on: February 11, 2019, 12:14:18 am »

Praga V3S for the win

Actually i prefer the tatras ones, those v36 are somewhat small, but i may be wrong :) And how about to rename ramshakle rifle to ol' rifle, so that the family is complete? Also tacking out that rust on it and making with a brighter palette; also the RCF carabine may need to be more light-colored :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 12:31:36 am by niculinux »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #279 on: February 11, 2019, 02:27:56 am »
You're really boring, Linux.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 10:28:15 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 11, 2019, 09:57:42 pm »
How about some stoner 63? IE that one weird 556 weapon the navy seals adopted and came with different barrels, allowing it to be employed as a bren gun thing, carbine and machine gun? After researching it, you could have different projects to change it into its different versions, with the carbine acting like a more accurate but slightly less powerful version of the battle rifle, the machine gun variant working like a more precise (but again, less powerful) AMG that can effectively be used without kneeling, and the bren gun one working like... Idk, some bren gun thing. All with plasteel munitions as an option once you get the tech
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 01:22:30 pm by Dakkdakk »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 12, 2019, 02:07:22 pm »
Piratez need a lot of things but another basic bitch firearm with slighly different stats is not one of them. Hell, some of the high end Marsec guns don’t even show in the game, despite them having code and sprites and everythign since forever.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 12, 2019, 03:04:45 pm »
It'd be cool to see the eurosyndicate more developed and fleshed out in the future versions. Fighting cyborg corporate agents using high tech weapons ala Syndicate and Syndicate wars would be great, and it wouldn't take that much new stuff to make it happen, since there's already a healthy dose of eurosyndicate weapons in the game. It could work as an alternate way to get your hand on eurosyndicate weapons, other than the contract.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #284 on: February 12, 2019, 06:58:52 pm »
That would take a lot of stuff to make it happen, dude. Like said eurosyndicate agents, missions, terrains for the mission etc etc. Also some enemies do use ES weapons sometimes.