26 (16%)
Grey
68 (42%)
Gold
21 (13%)
None - they are all equal.
18 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 156

Author Topic: Codex Popularity Poll  (Read 108235 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Codex Popularity Poll
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2019, 11:46:41 pm »
Wrong, I got one or two from some random midgame missions while paying with Gold, even before getting my Menace class.Same can be said about any other codex. snip
in curiosity on what version? it has been some time since i have seen any as drops.

In any case i was referring to be able to craft them yourself as an advantage of the green codex. 

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2019, 09:58:43 pm »
Tbh I haven't got a single crystal skull from any mission so far, either, in the current version at least. I actualy didn't know that crafting them was a green codex exclusive thing, either, hell I didn't even know you could craft them, I thought they were like the impaler (unless you can craft those now?).

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2019, 11:08:43 pm »
Tbh I haven't got a single crystal skull from any mission so far, either, in the current version at least. I actualy didn't know that crafting them was a green codex exclusive thing, either, hell I didn't even know you could craft them, I thought they were like the impaler (unless you can craft those now?).

These come from the Sunken Galleon missions. Not sure if always. I got one from the first.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2019, 12:30:14 pm »
Crystal skull can also be obtained form the bank robbery mission

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2019, 02:54:39 pm »
I think the gray codex will fall a bit out of its leadership in popularity since mind control is now way more easily accessible by any codex through bugeyes. Bugeyes have changed the game quite a bit, I can raid merc and guild supply ships with impunity now. I just entered the midgame and I have a good deal of power armor parts and loads of gauss/plasma weapons and more plastasteel/elerium than I can handle simply because I can mind control everyone and have them drop primed elerium grenades on their feet. Course, I still had to train my bugeyes from the ground up, but that wasn't hard.

Not saying this is a bad thing or anything, its a gameplay choice on my part, just pointing out that you can get good MC in piratez way earlier now.

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2019, 07:00:46 pm »
Red is instantly the worst Codex option, simply because it doesn't give you a better transporter immediately after research. Green and Gold give you the Turtle, and Gray gives you the Skyranger, but Red gives you nothing. I'm strongly considering bankrupting myself and turning all my money into Mutant Alliance Tokens simply because I can't stand the Blowfish's low troop capacity any longer.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2019, 08:14:24 pm »
I'll agree about red yielding a poor selection of shadow craft when it comes to troop transports. On the otherhand the free sets of chainmail kinda offset the issue. Chainmail is the threshold where the gals start being able to survive most attacks. Chainmail+full hp gal will even regularly survive a heavy plasma hit.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2019, 09:09:01 pm »
The immediate and late benefits of red kinda offset things in its favor, I agree. Plus lil' Illya is a great weapon overall, and you get the blood axe, which is easily the best melee weapon in the whole game.

Also, you get the skyranger through the mutant alliance anyway, which isn't that far away.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2019, 10:52:28 pm »
I think he actually meant the Snake, not the Skyranger.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2019, 03:30:40 am »
I thought Chainmail wasn't good. It's double the weight of Tactical Armor with equivalent if not worse protection. Only point in it's favor is that Aqua Plastics are annoying to find.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2019, 03:54:57 am »
It's not great overall, but the Armor value is what is most important. It's that level that usually ensures survival when coupled with full possible HP of a gal.

That said chainmail is slightly better against energy weapons due to resistances array.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2019, 08:14:53 am »
Indeed. Considering that I just got 224 Aqua Plastics from a Sunken USO, I have little reason to make chainmail, especially considering that I don't even have Chitin Plates researched, or even have the opportunity to research them.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2019, 10:45:47 am »
I can't remember, is scale mail a prerequisite for chainmail?

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2019, 11:57:41 am »
I think the gray codex will fall a bit out of its leadership in popularity since mind control is now way more easily accessible by any codex through bugeyes.

Yeah, bugeyes are pretty cool.  But honestly I can do without much mindcontrol, most baddies that you can relaibly mindcotrol suck and are good at eating up reaction fire and not much else in msot cases.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2019, 12:34:50 pm »
Bodyguards are pretty easy to mindcontrol. And they often have nice weapons that they can turn on their teammates and then drop.