26 (16%)
Grey
68 (42%)
Gold
21 (13%)
None - they are all equal.
18 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 156

Author Topic: Codex Popularity Poll  (Read 108233 times)

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Codex Popularity Poll
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2018, 06:19:13 pm »
What's GDX?
The Doctor X story line.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2018, 06:24:26 pm »
*Doctor_X" cwould (should) be called *Doctor Li" 8) :8

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2018, 11:28:13 pm »
...No?

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2018, 11:39:11 pm »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2018, 11:08:57 am »
Should she need remaming, Doctor Ishii would make more sense.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2018, 02:42:54 am »
Lol Dr. Li from F3? Why? There is no connection whatsoever. Also she was conceived far before Fallout 3 was released. Doesn't matter anyway, you have no power over my characters. Write your own damned game and stop pissing me off.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 02:47:07 am by Dioxine »

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2018, 05:54:50 pm »
i thought this forum was, /is intended for inputing suggestions, ideas, drafts, proposals, etc..

if no, im sory for intrusion et harrasment :S ;( :/(

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2018, 02:56:10 am »
Suggestions/criticism is one thing, wanting to replace the characters I created with some dumb knockoff fallout 3 bitches is something else. :P

Offline Mitra Lightbringer

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2018, 04:22:48 pm »
she was conceived far before Fallout 3 was released.

But can we find some old/early versions of Piratez, while we are at it? I'm very curious how they looked like. Or maybe we can read somewhere about them.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2018, 04:32:46 pm »
But can we find some old/early versions of Piratez, while we are at it? I'm very curious how they looked like. Or maybe we can read somewhere about them.

This is the earliest version I found:
http://www.openxcom.com/mod/x-piratez/download/L3o5FBuQ

Offline Scorrpio

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2019, 11:57:49 pm »
I guess my primary issue with Codex system is lack of information.  Bootypedia makes it sound like it only affects the choice of early game ship and early boost goodies.  Not a pip that it will also restrict your voodoo direction and choice of endgame gear.   I am not saying lay it all out in detail, but at least add something to the tune of 'you feel this choice will reach way into the future'.  Another option would be to have ability to change your path.   I.e.  building any codex yields a single 'strange talisman'.   Later when voodoo is unlocked, you cave a chance to craft that talisman in one of four colors and your voodoo direction goes from that.   Potentially there might be some sort of minor bonus for 'staying the path'.   I.e. some item/tech that requires same color codex and talisman.

niculinux

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2019, 09:29:21 am »
I guess my primary issue with Codex system is lack of information.  Bootypedia makes it sound like it only affects the choice of early game ship and early boost goodies.  Not a pip that it will also restrict your voodoo direction and choice of endgame gear.   I am not saying lay it all out in detail, but at least add something to the tune of 'you feel this choice will reach way into the future'.  Another option would be to have ability to change your path.   I.e.  building any codex yields a single 'strange talisman'.   Later when voodoo is unlocked, you cave a chance to craft that talisman in one of four colors and your voodoo direction goes from that.   Potentially there might be some sort of minor bonus for 'staying the path'.   I.e. some item/tech that requires same color codex and talisman.

Oh interesting, i dod not know, maybe in next version bootypedia may have a bit more info on that?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2019, 02:27:38 pm »
I am not saying lay it all out in detail, but at least add something to the tune of 'you feel this choice will reach way into the future'.

...Did you really extect it doesnt? That it is just some of earlygame fuckery? Really now, man. I'm sorry but putting it any more bluntly would be too much handholding imo.

Offline Scorrpio

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2019, 11:50:27 pm »
No need to get worked up.  But seriously, try reading those entries from a first time player perspective.  They very specifically go over the immediate bonuses, and yes, they do sound EXACTLY like just 'some early game fuckery.'    A simple phrase like 'this choice will define us for years to come' would be great.   Or maybe something like 'This is a major commitment, cap'n, not just some early fuckery!' would be more in the spirit?

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2019, 01:09:32 pm »
Red and gray are my favorites as well, but now we have bugeyes as a source of MC and general voodoo fuckery, I feel I might try a run with the gold or even the green one.

With the latest update letting you choose between recruiting regular gals or slave soldiers from the start, I think an opportunity to give the gold codex some love  has come up. To me, the gold codex seems to (at least partially) be themed around slaves, so, what if the gold codex gave you some research that allowed you to enhance the regular slave soldier? Maybe something simple like armor (early access to doomguy armor or something, even), or even some sort of tech that turned regular soldiers into something better.

Hell, considering we can turn reapers into green reaper things that spit acid, maybe this could be a part of the superhero arc thing, turning slave soldiers into hulks that suck at using guns buy are great at melee.

These are totally biased suggestions, mind you, since due to the new update I decided to run a game using mostly non ubers, while having an elite team of gals to deal with the really scary stuff.