Author Topic: Blood Ax ruins the game  (Read 4046 times)

Offline Kato

• Captain
  • ASHU is coming
    • View Profile
Blood Ax ruins the game
« on: October 31, 2017, 07:07:36 pm »
Looks like blood ax is synergyzing with Syn (no pun intended) too good. I was able to eliminate 10 (!) enemies (Megapol) in just one turn with her (screen attached), without any overheating. Probably it may be nerfed/fixed with following: ax effect (no pun intended again) works only with organic wielder, as it is already done with beer and stimms. Ver. 0.99G4.

Offline Kato

• Captain
  • ASHU is coming
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Ax ruins the game
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 07:17:06 pm »
I mean: TURN 1 = running + ~13 melee attacks. And TURN 2 started with this conditions (see the screenshot). She's really unstoppable.  Looks like cheating.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 08:43:47 pm »
Syn AND Bloodaxe is so far in the techtree and MegaPol spawns rather early as high-armor shit equipment forces that this particular example is just a lovely demonstration how to use the axe correctly.

I don't see the real problem here, maybe if you manage to do that in a hideout assault/defense mission on turn 1 but as it stand you seem to spawn right next to the MegaPol craft and decimated them for refund quickly since they all spawn inside the craft and thier guns can't scratch the armor of your syn.

Offline Kato

• Captain
  • ASHU is coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 11:07:57 pm »
Well, just imagine any another faction: Z-troopers, Traders, Mercs, Star Gods; any another craft and distance between crafts. Syn can sprint across entire map just in 1-2 turns, she's hellish quick. Result will be the same. Is the 20th month so far in the techtree?
The ax really needs to be rebalanced. How about voodoo-power attack modificator instead of "strenght*0.7"? How about buff only gals' stamina but not Syns' energy?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 11:32:11 pm »
I don't see the reason to rebalance. You invested into the Red Codex as tech-tree choice, you got lucky in rolling the space mission that gives you a damaged syn.

You deserve all this, if you don't feel like legally cheating, DON'T USE IT.

Some users are ready to board onto cydonia and never got a single syn ever. Thank RNJesus for that.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 11:33:55 pm by Ethereal_Medic »

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 04:58:26 am »
You stumbled into one of the best synergies in the game, congratulations.

Enjoy other approaches next run.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 11:12:37 pm »
Indeed. A slight nerf to TU vampirized will be added (25%->20%), but this works as designed. There is no way to deny a Syn this kind of vampirism either, code-wise. 10 melee kills per round vs. low-reactions enemy with weak guns do not sound particularly OP to me, considering planned endgame balance.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 11:48:50 pm »
yeah making low threat missions go faster in late game is a good thing.