Author Topic: Map with water emitter  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Map with water emitter
« on: October 16, 2017, 06:46:54 pm »
I do not even know how to explain it ... I need that all the water on the global map become land. With that, without changing the color. For it it is necessary to release (globe: textures: - id: 11) And where there was (- id: 11) to install (- id: 10).

Actually the idea is that water would become virtual and it would be possible to make conditionally underwater missions. For UFO.

I long and persistently tormented the Online World Editor, but I did not succeed.

I will correct the file (.rul) myself later. The most important thing is to set the boundaries of new territories, which I can not yet do.

I attach the file. Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 06:49:57 pm by Ethereal »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Map with water emitter
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 04:37:38 pm »
Two options to solve your issue:

1) Use mod that already has planet all covered with land (Land of Sand, Battle for Mars) but I suspect you want globe that represents Earth, so solution not good

2) Use Volutar's World.dat editor, works much better than Online World Editor, and add polygons to cover all water

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Map with water emitter
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 07:36:15 am »
Hobbes, thanks, but it did not help, unfortunately.

Having found out experimentally that to achieve its goal, in terms of virtualization of water, it is almost impossible, I came to the conclusion that it can be done through only the code.

Comrades programmers, you are doing fantastic things with the game for a very long time. An example of this is OpenXComExtended and OpenXComExtended +, which introduce a lot of useful, and extremely complex functions in the game. And I have an offer for you.

Now it is impossible to make missions on the water in the UFO and build bases on it. This means that somewhere there are properties of water where these things are prescribed. This, in turn, means that they can be changed. I do not think that carrying the code for water from TFTD is the not right way. It will be more correct to add the one that is in the UFO. In the presence of prohibiting encodings in water features, they can be simply removed.

1) Assign a unique "textures: id:" to the water, but not under the number, but with a unique name. On this "id:" allow to assign "terrain:".
2) Allow on the water to build bases.
3) Allow the UFO points to remain when they fall and land.
4) Allow missions.

I'm not a programmer, and programming languages not know, and i could not do. But you can. You've already done a lot of much more complicated things.

If I'm wrong - just say that I'm a fool and I'll leave you alone and bury my stupid ideas.