aliens

Author Topic: UFO/TFTD: Unlimited soldiers per rank?  (Read 4132 times)

Offline endersblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
UFO/TFTD: Unlimited soldiers per rank?
« on: October 06, 2017, 09:17:56 pm »
Is there any way to allow, say, multiple Captains, Commanders, etc?  I know it doesn't make any sense from a lore perspective, but I've gotten used to the newer XCOM games allowing it.  Is this something hard-coded in the EXEs or is it something we can change in a .rul file?  I haven't found anything just yet.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: UFO/TFTD: Unlimited soldiers per rank?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 11:06:24 pm »
It's hard-coded with the same rules as the original game, sorry.
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Rank#UFO:_Enemy_Unknown_.2F_X-COM:_UFO_Defense

Offline endersblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 11:43:58 pm »
That article is why I was asking.  Like I said, is it something in the EXE, is it something we know, and is it something that can be edited?  I mean, I know Rank doesn't ultimately do a whole lot in this game other than a Morale boost/loss, it's just something I wanted to change, since so much is changeable in OpenXCOM.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 01:25:02 am »
If you use Meridian's branch of the exe, OXCE+, this has been un-hardcoded, such that you can define the number of soldiers you need before a specific rank appears. However, I don't know if this allows multiple soldiers with the Commander rank.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 01:27:04 am »
It is something in the exe
It is something we know
It is not something that can be edited (via ruleset in openxcom)

It is something that can be edited via ruleset in OXCE+: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4830.msg78194.html#msg78194
(except for commanders... still only one... but you can tweak how many soldiers in total you need to have that one)