Author Topic: TFTD bases in battle mode  (Read 2689 times)

Offline WTFTD

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
TFTD bases in battle mode
« on: October 04, 2017, 10:44:01 pm »
Hello, everyone. I just wanted to ask a simple question? How do you modify the base in TFTD Battle Mode?

Before you answer, I wanted to clarify that I know that Battle Mode was intended as a debug mode and has no such option by default. However, I also read somewhere there was a way to tamper with the files and substitute them to obtain the base you want in Battle Mode. It is probably an unwieldy and impractical task, but I like challenges and I really wanted to try and spice up the experience.

Can someone give me (and other interested people) any pointers?

Thanks in advance and good work on OpenXCOM!

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: TFTD bases in battle mode
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 11:39:39 pm »
Hi there.

AFAIK, the game uses the "starting base" layout for new battle mode. So you can just mod a new starting base and use it.

Have a look at "standard/xcom2/startingBase.rul" for inspiration...

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 04:35:52 am »
I think the way to do it would be to edit the battle.cfg file in your Documents/OpenXCOM/xcom2 folder. You can edit your "Facilities" in there to change the base.

I've never tried to edit the base in battle mode, but I have made other successful changes to the battle.cfg file which came through in battle mode.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 04:07:45 pm »
you can basically copy/paste a base from a standard saved game into battle.cfg and it'll load that one up. to re-initialize the base after making a mod that alters the starting base layout, you'll have to hit the "randomize" key first (as it serves to completely re-initialize the "save")