Author Topic: alternate graphics for x-piratez  (Read 16711 times)

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
Re: alternate graphics for x-piratez
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 03:57:07 pm »
These look fantastic!  How about taking a whack at some of the other UT weapons?

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 10:04:33 pm »
These are a couple modified RCF clips, I made some before but they seemed a tad bulky for being only 5.56 so I compressed them slightly and updated the colors.

These look fantastic!  How about taking a whack at some of the other UT weapons?
Thanks! credit goes to whoever did that UT4 model really. I might go after one of the 'tournament miniguns to make a minigun replacement but the main reason I replaced the flak was because, we have a flak that's supposed to be a direct reference to UT. So I figured id just make it a UT flak. The arena combat contacts only yields this and the fireball launcher so thats the only bit I changed.

The fireball launcher isn't from any games I know... but in reverse fashion it would be excellent to mod it into an FPS game. Monsters throw fireballs, now players have a gun that throws fireballs.

Edit - I absolutely love the hydra laser. However I was thinking, since the UT pulse gun could be seen in the same light, I figured id use it as an opportunity to make another ut sprite like you suggested. Somehow it turned out very green.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:17:21 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 11:16:59 pm »
I'm admittedly working on a mod to put the UT4 weapons (the Flak Cannon you made is from UT4) into the game, so I need sprites for it.  If you'd like to work together on that project, I'd love to have assistance ^^

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 11:44:17 pm »
I'm admittedly working on a mod to put the UT4 weapons (the Flak Cannon you made is from UT4) into the game, so I need sprites for it.  If you'd like to work together on that project, I'd love to have assistance ^^

you can use anything im putting here personally, but right now ive just got too much on my plate (real life stuff) to be able to get involved with a project.

Added:
Omega Rifle Clips in a similar style to the rcf clips, using the bulky original ones I made. I forget exactly what ETAP ammunition is for, but I tried to follow the color code.

Edit - also added a slightly smaller Frag Grenade (looks more plasticy now, similar to some new grenades that are coming out for military use)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:57:11 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 11:53:24 pm »
Thanks RSS, I'll keep an eye on this topic and grab what I can use ^^

Edit:  Flak Cannon Sounds!  Thanks to nadir, but relayed by me.  I think these are from UT99.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 05:36:55 am by chaosshade »

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2017, 05:53:16 am »

did some dUmB shit asdf

yes that's a pistol bigger than just about anything
no rugrats

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 11:13:14 pm »
This ut plasma gun matches the piratez color scheme better. It could be used for the hydra laser, but it could also be implemented as a new item for a Humanist faction weapon to replace their standard Lasgun disbursement. And using hydra laser ammunition sorta replicates the wolfenstein3d minigun (trading accuracy for fire rate, at least one 8 shot burst per round plus a couple snaps maybe on top of that). Humanists are all about extermination yknow.

As a further slap in the players' face courtesy of the humanists, it doesn't have to be O-G capable, as despite being a laser its construction makes it vulnerable to being damaged by decompression for one reason or another.

Added:
Tiny explosion impact graphics for hard, hard hitting AP shots such as the Recoilless Rifle, Mag Rocket, etc. Idea being that it actually explodes but only the guy who was hit actually took the brunt of that damage. This is from a stock hollywood explosion.

Inserting it into the game can be as simple as adding your own extrasprites entry in a .rul file (which can be inserted in the piratez ruleset folder, or another mod you're using) and setting the start index to be really high, like 606 or 706 or something (it should probably start with single digit of 6 since all the other impacts do). Impact graphics and explosions are always 10 frames of animation.

Also Added:
For the doom connoisseurs the UAC plasma gun impact, and baron plasma impact. Courtesy of the "smooth doom" mod for the latter.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 01:25:30 am by RSSwizard »

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 05:23:34 am »
Absolutely fantastic!  I love your work, RSS Wizard.  One thing I haven't been able to quite puzzle out, however, is which handob the Hydra Laser uses.

Edit:  Thanks to the OXC Discord we worked out that it shares the Slugthrower's handob set.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 06:07:25 pm by chaosshade »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2017, 11:06:26 pm »
I did goof up on the light/heavy cannon I dropped in here, forgetting that its a 1x3 size item now as well as picking (I suppose) a wrong handob to go with it that now looks kinda odd being held one handed. I might get around to modifying it, but at the moment im on a zdoom binge.

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2017, 06:17:57 am »
zdoom binges?
Spoiler:
yeah i know those 8)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2017, 01:21:00 am »
zdoom binges?
spoiler
yeah i know those 8)

At least you're healthier about it than I am.
Spoiler:

--- posts merged - Solarius Scorch ---

I did goof up on the light/heavy cannon I dropped in here, forgetting that its a 1x3 size item now.

Fixed, its abit fat for a 1x3 but it'll do. Hazard stripes differentiate this weapon as unusual when you see it in NPC hands.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 07:17:50 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2017, 02:55:18 am »
Since the RPG is no longer the launcher for the baby nuke I figured id drop these here. No modifications or anything, they're simply the RPG sprites from a previous version of X-Piratez if you prefer those over the new ones.
(rpg.png goes in the hand objects resource folder)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2018, 01:30:22 am »
Wouldnt say these are exactly replacements for anything, but I got creative and since I had this thread going figured id drop them here.

The gauss weapons need no introduction but I thought the pistol was pretty nifty. One of the background splash screens from tftd showed a soldier shooting or holding the gauss pistol and I wanted to make it look a little bit more like that. Instead it ended up looking like something reminiscent of the plasma gun from TekWar, full of meanness. And I gave the heavy an obnoxiously, big, fat, nose. I also put a scope on the rifles and altered the scope for the heavies (so that its more like a reflex sight with a wide lens).

The yellow scuba weapons are intended to be Underwater Lasers firing in the aqua-blue range. The gadgets next to them are intended to be their energy cells, which have a grungy slapped together kind of feel as if its a separate device altogether which just happens to power and suppliment the weapon. I wouldnt dictate stats but as a weapon designed for a specialized environment and being ruggedized id believe it would do less damage and have a lower capacity than regular lasers.

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2018, 09:31:52 pm »
Cool stuff, RSSWizard, I love how they look!  The kind of "cyberpunk" look you gave the TFTD-based weapons really works ^^

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2018, 11:49:37 pm »
Cool stuff, RSSWizard, I love how they look!  The kind of "cyberpunk" look you gave the TFTD-based weapons really works ^^
And these gauss weapons are made of aqua plastic, its a possible theme for converting aqua plastics to the ufo palette. Aside from that I think the UV look makes them look alot more menacing (I expanded the size of the heavy clip so it could technically be used as a replacement for piratez' heavy).

I intend on making a heavy gauss lookalike as a replacement for the microwave cooker.
Edit - this was accomplished. It comes with two versions, one looks a little more shiny than the other. Just check out... the frigging grunge on this thing... talk about heavy metal... I took inspiration from the microwave cooker as well as a few odd bits on the top.

Now it has a discernable handle, trigger, and business end, and since the factions use gauss weapons its easy to believe they just followed the same pattern as the heavy for making this contraption.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:32:13 am by RSSwizard »