Author Topic: [WIP][OXCE][UFO] X-Com: Terror From the Unknown (TFTU)  (Read 80987 times)

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Build mods from Ethereal.
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2019, 02:01:24 pm »
Alas, but I crash when I try to run this mod and load its resources. I have the latest version of OXCE - 6.1.1, only for Android, not on your PC. But it should work the same way. If you check the log, the game does not like the formats of graphic files, many of them, until you do not get completely unacceptable.
As far as I remember, Meridian has adapted many mods to the requirements of the new OXCE. Would it be worth it to do with this? Or is it impossible?
SpoilerRussian:
Увы, но у меня при попытке запустить этот мод происходит крах, при загрузке его ресурсов. Версия OXCE у меня последняя - 6.1.1, только для Android, а не на компьютер. Но работать она должна так-же. Если проверить лог, игре не нравятся форматы графических файлов, очень многих из них, пока не попадается полностью недопустимый.
Насколько я помню, Meridian адаптировал многие моды под требования новых OXCE. Может стоило бы ему сделать и с этим? Или это невозможно?

I don’t know what’s happening with Androyd, I don’t have it, but on XP and 7 the mod works. The images indicated in the log were not made by me, and I practically do not know how to work with images, except at the most primitive level. Maybe there is one of the experts on Android and image editors?

SpoilerRussian:
Я не знаю, что там с Андройдом, у меня его нет, но на XP и 7 мод работает. Изображения, указанные в логе делал не я и работать с изображениями практически не умею, разве что на самом примитивном уровне. Может найдётся кто нибудь из знатоков Андройда и редакторов изображений?

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2019, 03:30:26 am »
I can make vanilla globe if you want but i need something in return.

If i build it, no body steal my colour scheme for geoscape, i like my colour very much and dont want to see it borrowed in other hybrid mod :P

Good deal yes :P
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 06:07:36 am by luke83 »

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2019, 10:15:17 am »
I can make vanilla globe if you want but i need something in return.

I'm always happy to share stuff.

If i build it, no body steal my colour scheme for geoscape, i like my colour very much and dont want to see it borrowed in other hybrid mod :P

Good deal yes :P

Not quite understood, but it's solvable by a separate, public version, free to use. All hybrid mods will be glad to such globe.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2019, 10:54:56 am »
Not quite understood, but it's solvable by a separate, public version, free to use. All hybrid mods will be glad to such globe.

I tried hard to make my Geoscape look unique, see my Buttons are different to Vanilla and my Background is RED, i would like to keep such things as unique for as long as i can encourage it within the community :)

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2019, 01:53:03 pm »
The red background, of course, is beautiful, but I still need the original one. Buttons - I do not quite understand. They are not tied to the globe. The globe itself is more like a TFTD. If you can combine the TFTD globe, with the drawing of depths, with the UFO globe - it will be a masterpiece!

I think it's worth asking the opinion of the whole community. Someone needs a hybrid globe, someone original from UFO, someone original from TFTD.

I many times I tried to do something with the globe and it did not end with anything good. In any case, I will use only what will be published for general use.

misterx

« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2019, 03:50:15 pm »
Dear Etheral,

In a previus post (https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5724.msg119911.html#msg119911) the .zip file containng the mod is named "x-com united",  i guess the mod ha its name changed, so please update the first post?

I've tryed the version linked in the post above, and the mod still need some refinement, anyway i'd take out that small hangar and the "combined module" and add the corridor, And why the mig bis? Researching laser weapons gives the sniper rifle to buy, and the laser pistol to research. And the FTTD vanilla sountrack...a nice frankestein!  :/ The soldier speaking while being selected in battlescape reminded me of jagged alliance 2 by the way :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 03:53:31 pm by misterx »

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2019, 05:04:30 pm »
In a previus post (https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5724.msg119911.html#msg119911) the .zip file containng the mod is named "x-com united",  i guess the mod ha its name changed, so please update the first post?

The mod is in a state of refinement. I just forgot to test in English. With the next update I will try to fix it.

And why the mig bis?

Because BIS is the latest and best modification of the Mig-21, which is still in service in some countries. In the game, this is the most reliable interceptor at the start of the game.

The soldier speaking while being selected in battlescape reminded me of jagged alliance 2 by the way :)

These are the sounds from Red Alert 2 (mostly rus (unlicensed localization from City)).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 05:18:20 pm by Ethereal »

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2019, 04:52:26 am »
- Added 8 transports such as TRITON, thank you "Precentor Apollyon" for terrains.
- A new type of soldier - Tank operator. For them there is armor imitating 2x2 tanks.
- Partially cut out "Terrain Pack".
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 02:12:40 pm by Ethereal »

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP][OXCE][UFO] Build mods from Ethereal.
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2020, 10:26:28 am »
Update.

- "Terrain Pack" is removed and is no longer used.
- Used "Hybrid Globe - Vanilla" from luke83, for which many thanks to him!
- For underwater (conditionally) missions, all TFTD territories are used. (Thanks to luke83 and Precentor Apollyon)
- Missions can be performed anywhere, both on land and in water, without restrictions on ships, weapons and ammunition. I do not consider it necessary to introduce these restrictions, so as not to confuse the player (and himself) with unnecessary management.
- Added landscape sounds.
- Slightly reduced the effectiveness of infantry armor.
- Added 4 new TFTD style UFOs.
- Small balance changes, bug fixes and various little things.
- Added Aquatoid race. Now there are all races of UFO and TFTD.
- Mixed crews are now really mixed. "membersRandom" in all respects.

Add.

- Updated Hybrid Globe - Vanilla "from luke83.
- A friend asked to return the starting bonus for gold, because without it, according to his statement, it would not be possible to develop normally before meeting with large ships, against which the starting averation is absolutely useless, and serious contingents of terrorists, against whom more advanced armor and weapons are needed.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 02:12:55 pm by Ethereal »

misterx

« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2020, 10:31:10 am »
Time to publish the mod on the portal?

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2020, 02:08:47 pm »
Time to publish the mod on the portal?

Why? You can download from here.

misterx

« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2020, 02:17:09 pm »

ok, wahtever, it's still defined [WIP] but actually is a relased mod, so that's why i thought :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2020, 03:30:57 pm »

So people know it exists.
You don't expect players to have to browse through some large forum they aren't otherwise interested in, right? I mean it's possible, I've done this (for example for Dwarf Fortress mods), but it's kinda hellish.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2020, 04:08:59 pm »
So people know it exists.
You don't expect players to have to browse through some large forum they aren't otherwise interested in, right? I mean it's possible, I've done this (for example for Dwarf Fortress mods), but it's kinda hellish.

I'll think about it. But not before the release of the option for "Fatigue" in OXCE.

Yes, I forgot. Here's a save to demonstrate the mod's capabilities.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2020, 04:10:51 pm »
I'll think about it. But not before the release of the option for "Fatigue" in OXCE.

The fatigue option was rejected already long ago and will not be implemented.

You can use the mana feature to simulate fatigue, like XCF or Piratez.