Author Topic: [DONE] [Feedback] [Documentation] Hunter-killer  (Read 80558 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter-killer
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2018, 10:01:48 pm »
Hobbes, You are fundamentally wrong.

For the sake of civility, let's just agree to disagree - you have your opinion, mine is different.

Good luck (and patience) with your modding :)

Offline Gordonmull

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2018, 10:10:36 pm »
I really hope that this fantastic work from Meridian will mean that your Terminator mod might be closer to an alpha, Hobbes. I'm really looking forward to that one if you're still going with it.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2018, 10:39:46 pm »
I really hope that this fantastic work from Meridian will mean that your Terminator mod might be closer to an alpha, Hobbes. I'm really looking forward to that one if you're still going with it.

I got good news for you: I was waiting for this feature to get an alpha ready of the Terminator total conversion ;D

No ETAs though - everytime I look at it I remember something new that needs to be converted or added. But with this feature I should be able to introduce a working Geoscape where you can intercept aerial Hunter Killers, and on the tactical side it's already possible to add a couple of missions (not Base Defense yet though - that's another thing that is taking longer because of missing sprites).

Offline Gordonmull

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2018, 12:02:22 am »
I got good news for you: I was waiting for this feature to get an alpha ready of the Terminator total conversion ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D Superb!

No ETAs though - everytime I look at it I remember something new that needs to be converted or added. But with this feature I should be able to introduce a working Geoscape where you can intercept aerial Hunter Killers, and on the tactical side it's already possible to add a couple of missions (not Base Defense yet though - that's another thing that is taking longer because of missing sprites).

Especially in wargaming, patience is a virtue ;) It's a great concept and something totally different from other conversions. I've been keeping a hopeful eye out for news!

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2018, 08:10:14 am »
Meridian, now there are references to Hunter-killer and OXCE+. Wait for the merger and release of the new version of OXCE+ with the options Hunter-killer?

And it is possible more in detail about changes brought in "interfaces.rul"? What exactly is added there?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2018, 10:16:57 am »
Meridian, now there are references to Hunter-killer and OXCE+. Wait for the merger and release of the new version of OXCE+ with the options Hunter-killer?

And it is possible more in detail about changes brought in "interfaces.rul"? What exactly is added there?

The changes are merged into OXCE+ and I provided a download link in the announcing post above.

Exact change in interfaces.rul can be seen here: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/3c59c47ba3ef5ee087d5f146a8ef411ebe3ab4f5#diff-3ec749923b6a5726723383675eba6d7c

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2018, 08:53:59 pm »
Hunter-killer works fine, but a little strange. Arriving in the hunting zone, it rushes to the nearest ship and the target does not change if there is a higher priority. More precisely, he does not have time to change before the attack. In any case, at the start all the transports will have to be sent to missions, accompanied by interceptors, as it should be in the military operation.

Remarks.
1. If there is a "radarRange" in a UFO, then there must be a "radarChance:".
2. As the  justly remarked clownagent, "stealth craft", too, will not be superfluous. It is also desirable to have an invisibility generator in hinged ship modules.
3. The version of "OXCE +" with "Hunter-killer" does not at all see third-party scripts.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2018, 09:36:07 pm »
Hunter-killer works fine, but a little strange. Arriving in the hunting zone, it rushes to the nearest ship and the target does not change if there is a higher priority. More precisely, he does not have time to change before the attack.

Valid point... I will think how to best fix that.

3. The version of "OXCE +" with "Hunter-killer" does not at all see third-party scripts.

what kind of 3rd party scripts?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 09:44:43 pm by Meridian »

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2018, 10:15:23 pm »
what kind of 3rd party scripts?

A script for ENERGY SHIELD units for units and a script for additional types of damage.

Code: [Select]
    damageUnit:
      - offset: 50
        code: |
          unit.reduceByResistance to_gauss 10;
          unit.reduceByResistance to_sonic 11;

The script "ARMOR ENERGY SHIELD" is large. Here is the file.

No scripts work, even if they are written to another file. However, in the latest version of "OXCE +" without "Hunter-killer" - everything works fine.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:20:30 pm by Ethereal »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2018, 10:59:36 pm »
A script for ENERGY SHIELD units for units and a script for additional types of damage.

damageUnit:

The script "ARMOR ENERGY SHIELD" is large. Here is the file.

No scripts work, even if they are written to another file. However, in the latest version of "OXCE +" without "Hunter-killer" - everything works fine.

You have defined the scripts: tag twice under extended in your ruleset file when you added that extra damageUnit tag (which by the way, doesn't do anything). What's probably happening is that sometimes this script tag is taking load priority, overwriting the other scripts in the game's memory, and the not working in just the new version is a statistical artifact. This file works just fine for me when I comment out this code:
  scripts:
    damageUnit:

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2018, 09:38:05 am »
You have defined the scripts: tag twice under extended in your ruleset file when you added that extra damageUnit tag (which by the way, doesn't do anything). What's probably happening is that sometimes this script tag is taking load priority, overwriting the other scripts in the game's memory, and the not working in just the new version is a statistical artifact. This file works just fine for me when I comment out this code:

No need to mistakenly believe that I am not able to work with scripts. In fact, I affirm - in the version of "OXCE +" with "Hunter-killer" user scripts do not work. In the latest version of "OXCE +" without "Hunter-killer" - everything works fine. If not laziness - try it yourself.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2018, 09:50:03 am »
No need to mistakenly believe that I am not able to work with scripts. In fact, I affirm - in the version of "OXCE +" with "Hunter-killer" user scripts do not work. In the latest version of "OXCE +" without "Hunter-killer" - everything works fine. If not laziness - try it yourself.

Ohartenstein is the most skilled person with scripts after Yankes.
And I can 100% confirm what he is saying.
Please try again after the fix he described...

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2018, 10:50:00 am »
Do you read what I'm writing? One and the same, without any fixes, works in one version, but in another version it does not work. I provided a file with scripts. I'm sure there are no errors in this file.

Oops. Pardon me! I have a few annoying typos in "armors.rul", because of which the shields did not work.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:11:43 am by Ethereal »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2018, 10:55:59 am »
Do you read what I'm writing? One and the same, without any fixes, works in one version, but in another version it does not work. I provided a file with scripts. I'm sure there are no errors in this file.

Did you read what we have written?
There ARE errors in your file!

It can happen that one and the same file works and doesn't at the same time... because it is not a valid YAML file.
You have two "scripts:" entries and only one can be loaded.
Depending on which one is loaded, it either works or not.

To give you an easier-to-understand example, it is the same as if you defined something like this:

items:
  - type: STR_WEAPON
    power: 40
    power: 60

This weapon would sometimes have power 40 and sometimes power 60.

Same with your scripts:

extended:
  scripts:
    createUnit:
      - offset: 1

<snip>

scripts:
    damageUnit:

Either the upper scripts will load... then it works... or the lower scripts will load... then it doesn't work.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2018, 11:10:27 am »
No no. I already found a mistake. The truth is not in scripts, but in "armors.rul", but it does not matter. Excuse me.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:45:06 am by Ethereal »