Author Topic: Niculinux customs classic weapon sprites for TOF  (Read 4593 times)

niculinux

Niculinux customs classic weapon sprites for TOF
« on: September 21, 2017, 02:14:08 pm »
Hello there! I've stopped playing openxcom and its mods but in the spare time i checked openxcom files and i thought: some of the "human" weaponry does not seems to match with real weapon counterparts so i maded my own version, in this case for the wonderful mod from Solarius Scorch!

So far i've made:

Please feel free to do whatever with these, I made just for fun! If someone wants to use them just overwrite the existin ones, thei path is in the mod direcoty, that is to say:

Code: [Select]
XComFiles/Resources/Weapons_Compilation/ClassicWeapons/
 :) :)

Edit: tiny adjustment to MP5

Edit 2: some example as links
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 05:27:56 pm by niculinux »

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Niculinux customs classic weapons for TOF
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 02:31:37 pm »
Hi Nikulinux! Glad to see you back.

I can't check the sprites right now (can't see much on the phone), but new resources are always welcome.

niculinux

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 01:19:27 pm »
Thanks! As for that I made a small version of the pump action shootgun, here is for the public to take :)

Edit: proper link!!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:50:25 pm by niculinux »

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 10:33:44 pm »
Wow these bigobs are really good! I'm picky with my bigobs art and I can say I really like these!

niculinux

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 10:53:12 pm »
Wow these bigobs are really good! I'm picky with my bigobs art and I can say I really like these!

Thanks! As you all guys may have figured out these are midifued version of the ones featured in the mid! Would be nice if i nay get to create ab M4 by midifying the M16, i'll see if i will have time!! ;D

niculinux

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 08:31:17 pm »
OK, hee we go! In this post you will find:

1) a more modern verison of the Fusil Automatique Léger (more moder versions of that weapons does not have he upper handle, see google  :D )

2) An M4, as far a i can tell never featured in any mod on the forum, exept maybe inXeno Operations? (never tryed it so need confirm) Actually it seems to look more like  a colt commando, but whatever. I did not rename it to mess with the mod, anyways!  ;D ;D n-joy!!

Edit: some adjustment to the FAL
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 01:44:23 pm by niculinux »

niculinux

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 01:01:52 am »
Out of curiosity: @Solarius: chanced are to see, if non of the above, at least a colt commando in the game? I thought of it like an m16 with less range and firepower  :D

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 01:11:37 am »
Out of curiosity: @Solarius: chanced are to see, if non of the above, at least a colt commando in the game? I thought of it like an m16 with less range and firepower  :D

I will add more weapons gradually. :)

niculinux

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 02:43:50 pm »
In closing, i've made a very slightly modified version of an AK 47 made by Hobbes; it's really a pity the original one was not present in any mod, althouugh the MP5K also made by him is veery nice!

Enjoy!

Edit: small adjustements to ak

Edit 2: changed first post title
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 05:28:41 pm by niculinux »