Author Topic: [Solved] Less clicking for melee attacks  (Read 3377 times)

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[Solved] Less clicking for melee attacks
« on: September 17, 2017, 10:57:03 pm »
Many melee weapons in the popular total conversions have a low TU cost and low damage. Often you find yourself attacking with them a lot of times in a row.

While playing  I often attacked with small weapons 6-7 times in a row. For each attack you have to click on the weapon + attack button (2 clicks at different position on screen).

I think it would be an improvement if we could have an attack cursor (same as for ranged weapon) for melee attacks (optionally). With an attack cursor which does not vanish after the 1st attack you would need only need 1 additional click per attack.

Maybe we could have a global option which switches between classic melee GUI and the method with attack cursor, since it is only useful for the total conversions like Piratez, but not so much for vanilla.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 04:23:47 pm by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTION] Less clicking for melee attacks
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 11:23:06 pm »
keyboard ftw

E,4,E,4,E,4,E,4...

or if you're left-handed: Q,4,Q,4,Q,4,Q,4,...

Total mouse clicks used: zero :)

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 11:45:16 pm »
I like a combination of pressing E and then clicking the mouse button. Multiple clicks are bad not because clicking the button is so much work, but because of the moving of the cursor you have to do in between. Using the keyboard shortcut and then clicking the button eliminates the need to move the mouse (except the first time obvs) and also eliminates the need to move my finger between E and 4. Minimum effort!

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 11:47:53 pm »
...and also eliminates the need to move my finger between E and 4. Minimum effort!

IMO minimum effort is keyboard only, two fingers.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 06:22:09 am »
Is it different than ranged attacks? For a ranged attack, the attack cursor remains up after the shot so you can just click again. I use this all the time when doing pistol snap shots.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 09:09:53 am »
Is it different than ranged attacks? For a ranged attack, the attack cursor remains up after the shot so you can just click again. I use this all the time when doing pistol snap shots.

Have you ever used a stun rod or thermal tazer?

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 12:05:45 pm »
Have you ever used a stun rod or thermal tazer?
I'm sure I have at some point. I just loaded up the game to check, I see what he means that it takes 2 clicks. It seems wrong.