aliens

Author Topic: [Solved] Closer look at an enemy (inventory)  (Read 5250 times)

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
[Solved] Closer look at an enemy (inventory)
« on: November 26, 2017, 02:57:51 am »
In a number of playthroughs I've seen players somehow open a window with a big picture of a targeted enemy and weapons in his hands. For example, here, at 34:48. https://youtu.be/xyPLPav-p4Y?t=2088

How can I do that?

Answer: OXCE+ only. Doesn't work if middle-click is set for drag scroll.
Add line battleDragScrollButton: 0 to the configuration file
In Battlescape options set Drag Scroll to left or right button or disable it
and click middle mouse button (or the wheel).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 04:24:58 pm by Meridian »

niculinux

Re: Closer look at an enemy
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 03:07:38 am »
I found it by accident by middle clicking on an enemy, the mouse wheel also gets the job done. Don't know if ot is a key on the keyboard but seems it's an opencom extended/extended+  feature. Someone may confirm?

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 05:52:44 am »
Yes, that's an extended feature, clicking the mouse wheel over the enemy will show its weapon, rank, and inventory

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 12:18:24 pm »
Doesn't work for me. Every time I middle-click an enemy, the red box flies away from the mouse cursor 2 steps right diagonally. And stays there until I move mouse.

Nothing in the log. Can I make it more verbose?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 04:04:22 pm »
Verbose log won't help with this, the log is pretty sparse on player input  information, even when verbose. Youobably have mouse-wheel click bound to something other than middle-click in your OS.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 05:59:10 pm »
Also, Just to clarify:  This is a feature of the OpenXcom Extended Plus (OXCE+) build.  Meridian developed it there and I'm not sure if Yankes has pulled it up into his branch (Extended).

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 07:16:08 pm »
Also, I think this conflicts with the middle-click for map scroll option from OXC.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 07:19:17 pm »
Also, Just to clarify:  This is a feature of the OpenXcom Extended Plus (OXCE+) build. Meridian developed it there and I'm not sure if Yankes has pulled it up into his branch (Extended).
Yes, this is OXCE+. This is X-COM Files mod, which only works with OXCE+. I asked after seeing the feature in an X-COM Files "let's play".

Verbose log won't help with this, the log is pretty sparse on player input  information, even when verbose.
Can I rebuild the binary with some compilation keys to get more information? Or would I need to add extra calls to logging functions?
You obably have mouse-wheel click bound to something other than middle-click in your OS.
X Window uses it to insert from one of clipboards. Can that interfere? Any suggestions for KDE?
Also, I think this conflicts with the middle-click for map scroll option from OXC.
Closer look for clicks on enemies, dragging for clicks anywhere else. If done correctly, it should not conflict.
Update: Dragging works after I press and hold the middle button. The red box jumps to the right when I press and release it. What about the correct work: does the picture appear for press or for release?

Update 2: There doesn't seem to be any way to disable paste with X or KDE tools. I'll try to map it to another key in sources. Does anybody know the commit? Or at least how does Meridian call it?

Update 3: Was it "Alien Inventory" added in late  December-early January 2016-17?

Update 4: Looks like this feature is mutually exclusive with dragging Battlescape with middle button. I enabled it by disabling the line
Code: [Select]
_info.push_back(OptionInfo("battleDragScrollButton", &battleDragScrollButton, SDL_BUTTON_MIDDLE)); in src/Engine/Options.cpp

How can I disable drag-scrolling in Battlescape?

Update 5: Setting
Code: [Select]
battleDragScrollButton: 0 in ~/.config/openxcom/options.cfg helped. I'll leave it that way for now.

I guess, the correct way would be allowing to reassign both actions from Options -> Controls. Does it allow to set mouse clicks to actions?

Update 6: drag scroll can be disabled in Battlescape section of Options.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:10:00 am by tkzv »