aliens

Author Topic: Megapol vehicles for X-Com use  (Read 3113 times)

Offline Neville

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Megapol vehicles for X-Com use
« on: September 17, 2017, 05:33:24 am »
In X-Com: Apocalypse, Megapol is supposed to be working with X-Com, locating alien activity and helping fight UFOs. It always seemed odd to me that Megapol would leave X-Com to rely on Marsec vehicles, especially considering that the UFOPaedia article on the Police Hovercar states, "Megapol is able to manufacture many of these scout cars and can replace any losses." I have been able to make the Police Hovercar available to X-Com using Apoc'D and the Megapol mod from strategycore.co.uk, but the equip image is not quite accurate, as the curved upper body, which, judging by the side image in the UFOPaedia file, is shaped much like that used on the Stormdog, appears to have been made using the body of the Wolfhound APC, and it is difficult to change the image. Also, the purchase/select image of the Police Hovercar is that of a blue Phoenix Hovercar. I cannot find a way to make an accurate color image. Can someone help with this?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:27:06 pm by Neville »

Offline Wolfstarr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Megapol vehicles for X-Com use
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 05:02:34 pm »
Check out the From the Apocalypse Mod, the modder is recreating Apocalypse in XCOM

Offline Neville

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Megapol vehicles for X-Com use
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 07:22:09 am »
Check out the From the Apocalypse Mod, the modder is recreating Apocalypse in XCOM
Apocalypse uses more advanced .PCK and .TAB files, which the sprite converter does not work on, for smoother, more detailed images of vehicles, people, equipment, and aliens in the city as well as on the ground. Also, vehicle equip images are in .PCX format. A problem with .PCX equip images is that you have to be sure you have everything in place to ensure the proper appearance is kept, including the background. I have tried different tools, but none actually allow you to see color vehicle images except for Cityscape select icons or UFOPaedia file images, not purchase/select images.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 08:47:42 pm by Neville »