aliens

Author Topic: Bullet Designer's V-22 as a stand-alone mod.  (Read 10189 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Bullet Designer's V-22 as a stand-alone mod.
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 06:36:02 pm »
At first I was a bit put off by the fact on occassion aliens could spot and shoot through the cockpit and kill my soldiers, however,in such  a firefight, an aircraft, unless boarding to escape, is not the safest place on the battlefield.

If you use the fixed terrain files I posted this issue doesn't happen because it isn't possible to see through the cockpit, just like the vanilla Skyranger

Offline SteamXCOM

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2017, 12:29:53 am »
If you use the fixed terrain files I posted this issue doesn't happen because it isn't possible to see through the cockpit, just like the vanilla Skyranger
Not sure how its happening because your version is the one (thank you for creating that) I have been using and added to the V22 file archive in post 4 .  The fix I did earlier to have the HWPs exit the craft required additional terrain files which are not needed since you posted that and have since been eliminated from the archive.

Another possibility it might not be through the cockpit but some other undiscovered "hole" nearby.

The symtoms are if I leave people near the cockpit area for too  long, eventually one or more gets shot. Conversely, they cannot see any aliens through that area.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 04:11:13 pm »
Not sure how its happening because your version is the one (thank you for creating that) I have been using and added to the V22 file archive in post 4 .  The fix I did earlier to have the HWPs exit the craft required additional terrain files which are not needed since you posted that and have since been eliminated from the archive.

Another possibility it might not be through the cockpit but some other undiscovered "hole" nearby.

The symtoms are if I leave people near the cockpit area for too  long, eventually one or more gets shot. Conversely, they cannot see any aliens through that area.

There's a hole somewhere. Bulletdesigner fixed some of those but either he missed one or I forgot to add his changes to my version

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2017, 06:32:59 pm »
There's a hole somewhere. Bulletdesigner fixed some of those but either he missed one or I forgot to add his changes to my version

yes i remember fixing it, still i can miss something, i will attach to this post my latest plane 3 file

Offline SteamXCOM

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2017, 10:23:50 am »
yes i remember fixing it, still i can miss something, i will attach to this post my latest plane 3 file

Thank you, My tests are by no means exhaustive, however it seems the aliens are attacking only through the ramp area now, no more soldiers getting hit through the craft near the cockpit area.

Post #4 has been undated with the new files both on MKSheppard's "Starting base v22;"
 and the "Purchase only V22."
which are now both at versions 1.2.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 11:34:21 am »
this mod also slightly modifies the Skyranger to be a very high subsonic transport (850 km/h vs 760 in the original)

Just to be precise, speed in XCom is measured in knots, so Skyranger is already supersonic (speed of sound is 661 knots at sea level) ;)

Also thanks for the mod! The Osprey is quite gorgeous.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 01:11:13 pm »
Indeed it is gorgeous.

I have added the Osprey to X-Com Files, credited to Bullet Designer and MKSheppard. Did I do it properly?

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 09:47:43 pm »
Indeed it is gorgeous.

I have added the Osprey to X-Com Files, credited to Bullet Designer and MKSheppard. Did I do it properly?

fine by me