aliens

Author Topic: Got a few questions about UFO Defense.  (Read 25809 times)

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Got a few questions about UFO Defense.
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2017, 04:40:50 pm »
1.0 is outdated at this point considering the amount of fixes and modding features that were added to the nightlies since 1.0 was released
+1

Dybdal, there has literally been years of bug fixes (plus some extra features and tons of mods) since 1.0. Definitely ditch 1.0 immediately and go to the Nightlies.

As someone who's recently come into contact with OpenXcom, i can say from my point of view that when deciding what to download (v1.0 or the newest nightly) i chose to go for v1.0 as information on the stability or the added features between the two isnt easy to come by.
1.0 is beyond outdated. I keep telling them they need to make a version 1.1 because people will keep falling into that trap otherwise.
+1000000

I just said this myself in SuperSuper's suggestions thread. As a new user, based on what is written on the main page, 1.0 seems like the most logical choice, but it actually doesn't make sense to play 1.0 when it's so out of date and has basically zero mod support.

This discussion has surfaced several times. Devs have their reasons  8)

I'd be curious to know even one of the reasons ... at least a reason why they don't change the main page language to reflect reality (the reality being that the Nightlies are the superior choice for almost everyone). I mean, it doesn't affect me at all at this point so I'm not going to stress about it, but there have been dozens of users on these forums (and I'd imagine many more unreported) who have been "falling into that trap" as Reaver put it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:50:57 pm by Countdown »