aliens

Author Topic: Little inconsequential lore question  (Read 5850 times)

Offline Captain_Raspberry

• Squaddie
  • Hellerium-deprived, soda-drinking pirate
    • View Profile
Little inconsequential lore question
« on: August 30, 2017, 05:35:27 am »
Okay, so I need to ask this.

I know that Ubers who spend a long time without snorting hellerium and somehow survive lose most of their awesome abilities, since the Bootypedia says this outright in one of its first articles, but I've been to the X-Piratez TVTropes page (Yes, I know, my life has been ruined), and it says that they also end up regressed into lolis. Is there any reliable source for this information? Bootypedia? Chat logs where Dioxine confirms it? Anything that either confirms or josses this?

I will admit, this is mostly to sate my own perverted curiosity, but I'm not gonna sleep well unless I stop haunting my brain with this. XD

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Little inconsequential lore question
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 10:03:44 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiotrophic_fungus

Yes it is possible for a crature to live off even gamma radiation out of all things. Should the Ubers have so high metabolic rate that they can’t possibly fuly supply themselves with enough conventional chemical energy sources and relly on intracellular "photosynthesis" of hellerium decay products to supplement their wast energy needs, they could wither and lose their abilities should they be cut off from hellerium instera dof just dropping dead, through regressing into lolis is unlikely as dissolving and rebuilding all the bones to fit a  smaller frame would be energy intensive. Also, Ubers should live fast but die young, because radiation and fast metabolism lead to oxidative stress, which ultimately leads to grave.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 11:53:30 am »
It was I who added this to the TV Tropes page (Finally! Some proof that people actually read it!). The source is, well, mostly the fact I've discussed it with Dioxine in person and seen some resources in progress. :) So I think it's, umm, canon enough.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 02:27:55 pm »
It's not like we really need any justification to have pictures of lolis in the Bootypedia but yeah sure, let's go with that.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 03:26:03 pm »
It was I who added this to the TV Tropes page (Finally! Some proof that people actually read it!). The source is, well, mostly the fact I've discussed it with Dioxine in person and seen some resources in progress. :) So I think it's, umm, canon enough.

"Canon enough" could be a trope in itself - made me laugh!

Offline Captain_Raspberry

• Squaddie
  • Hellerium-deprived, soda-drinking pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 03:26:43 pm »
resources in progress.

Now you have me partly intrigued and partly hyped.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 04:54:51 pm »

I read it too xD

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 11:51:46 pm »
I wonder about the Sorceress outfit being called the Palpatine Suit, Hallucinogen Gas being Joker Gas, or the Apemen being called Harambe.  I can see the first two, don't know what the last means, but I've never heard those.  Is it IM jargon?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 11:56:50 pm »
Harambe was a gorilla that gained internet notoreity when a child fell into his enclosure. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Harambe 
During Starving Poet's LP, the Merc Soldier that he hired as an early game bullet sponge was nicknamed Harambe in the stream's chat.   Apemen carry on the tradition.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 12:01:36 am by ivandogovich »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 12:00:09 am »
Ah, forgot about the streams, somehow.

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 10:05:51 am »
Lolis are quite official, yes.

Soldier types just have this tendency of requiring a ton of work to.. work. %)
And there are all these other cool things that could be done instead, yuck.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 10:08:46 am by Bloax »