Author Topic: Base defense Reqires 2 height blocks?  (Read 2796 times)

Offline mrcalzon02

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Base defense Reqires 2 height blocks?
« on: August 28, 2017, 12:32:37 am »
Oookay. hum so the base defense mission seams to require Just 2 tall map segments, how would i change that? just finished designing vanilla base tiles with a whole 2 extra levels for "surface facility" but it can not use them...   
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 04:21:14 am by mrcalzon02 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Base defense Reqires 2 height blocks?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 02:08:51 am »
See alienDeployments.rul and find STR_BASE_DEFENSE:

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_BASE_DEFENSE
    width: 60
    length: 60
    height: 2

Add this to your mod and change Height to whatever you need.

Offline mrcalzon02

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 04:36:02 am »
well it worked! mostly.... looks like some sort of tileset issue now.. but It worked!...mostly.
That mess of stairs screens and tile walls is supposed to be forest tiles.... might be because im using the editor from the steam installed xcom location. not the openxcom location. Crap another question, how do i do elevators in the Map editor (the one from the Master tools git.) Wlll crap i tried to move where the editor was drawing its assests and borked everything, now i need to rebuild the map tree to the custom maps i was working on and it seams to have lost the forest tile references for the surface-mapped base maps.(i will figure out how to rebuild my map tree and rebuild my tiles later)* i am a huge derp for not saving my maptree i guess?

I have been told the error in the image here is due to maps not allowing more than a certain number of tiles. :( will attempt to find ways to work within this limit.)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 01:00:12 am by mrcalzon02 »

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 09:32:07 am by davide »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 11:22:25 am »
In short you cannot exceed 255 tiles in all tilesets you use combined (the ones you use to draw map at least), also no tileset is allowed to go over about 64kb physical size.