aliens

Author Topic: [UFO] [WIP] UNIT Operations - A Doctor Who Conversion v0.2.1  (Read 25155 times)

Offline Cirius

• Captain
    • View Profile
I've not done too much on them this week as I've been learning how to make new tilesets to work on the Ufos and other missions.

Off the top of my head, they still need death anims, corpse and inventory items, then a balance pass (along with every other alien I've added...)

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
I can't wait for them to be finished.  That short arc was one of my favourites!  The other arc I really loved was the time crystal one... *mutters incoherently*

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Yay! Davros!

Offline Cirius

• Captain
    • View Profile
After a mysterious stone structure appears from nowhere in a farm in Eastern Europe, UNIT is sent to investigate.

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
EEE!  I can't wait to cannibalize play this!

Offline Cirius

• Captain
    • View Profile
"Well if you didn't make it Sergeant, then who did?"

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [UFO] [WIP] UNIT Operations - A Doctor Who Conversion v0.2.1
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2019, 02:49:21 pm »
Updated to run on the latest nightly.

Download attached.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 04:53:08 pm by Meridian »

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2022, 04:21:13 am »
Good morning.

I would just like to make a request. I know that it's been years since you last worked on this mod, but if it's not too much trouble, may I please ask if you could make it run on the latest OXCE? Here are some of the important info I found in the log when I tried to run this mod.

[11-04-2022_09-20-33]   [INFO]   Supressed Error for 'STR_ANGEL_SOLDIER': This unit can be recovered (in theory), but there is no corresponding item to recover.
[11-04-2022_09-20-33]   [INFO]   Supressed Error for 'STR_AUTON_SOLDIER': This unit can be recovered (in theory), but there is no corresponding item to recover.
[11-04-2022_09-20-33]   [INFO]   Supressed Error for 'STR_CYBERMITE_TERRORIST': This unit can be recovered (in theory), but there is no corresponding item to recover.
[11-04-2022_09-20-33]   [INFO]   Supressed Error for 'STR_OGRI_SOLDIER': This unit can be recovered (in theory), but there is no corresponding item to recover.
[11-04-2022_09-20-33]   [INFO]   Supressed Error for 'STR_SONTARAN_SOLDIER': This unit can be recovered (in theory), but there is no corresponding item to recover.
[11-04-2022_09-20-33]   [INFO]   Supressed Error for 'STR_SPECIAL_TERRORIST': This unit can be recovered (in theory), but there is no corresponding item to recover.
[11-04-2022_09-20-33]   [INFO]   Supressed Error for 'STR_SWARMIDS_SMALL_TERRORIST': This unit can be recovered (in theory), but there is no corresponding item to recover.
[11-04-2022_09-20-33]   [INFO]   Supressed Error for 'STR_TRIFFID_TERRORIST': This unit can be recovered (in theory), but there is no corresponding item to recover.
[11-04-2022_09-20-33]   [ERROR]   During linking rulesets of units:
Error processing 'STR_DALEK_SOLDIER' in units: Item SPECIALDALEK_WEAPON not found

Offline Cirius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2022, 09:03:28 pm »
Believe it or not, but I'm actually working on this again!

I'll try and take a look this week about getting it compatible with OXCE for you.

This week has mainly been about getting the mod running again with a version of OpenXcom that's nearly 5 years more advanced than when I previously dabbled with it, plus figuring out how to use the modding tools all over again...

I have, however, managed to cobble together the Defence Drone, for those of you who want to send your own daleks into battle. Cobbled together from a hybrid of dalek and human technology, it's weaker than a real dalek, but still a very capable HWP platform and an ideal scout.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 10:19:34 pm by Cirius »

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2022, 02:40:46 am »
That's great news! Looking forward to it.

Offline Cirius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2022, 05:07:48 pm »
The UNIT Transport truck will be your primary transportation into conflict zones.

A work in progress art-wise, but you can definitely see what I'm going for here.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 10:30:26 pm by Cirius »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2022, 12:33:53 am »
Wow, a real truck! I've never seen a truck or bus in X-Com before.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2022, 05:32:41 am »
Excellent truck, mate!

Im glad to see this cool mod is back to action. Looking forward to see more!

Offline Cirius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2022, 10:31:28 pm »
This evening's little project, and my first attempt at a 4 tile unit - A WIP Mechonoid.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 04:20:52 pm by Cirius »

Offline Cirius

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [UFO] [WIP] UNIT Operations - A Doctor Who Conversion v0.3
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2022, 05:41:47 pm »
Given that it's been about 5 years since I last updated, please see the attached file for the latest version.

PLEASE NOTE: This is a Work in Progress - I have not even started work on the main campaign, but feel free to poke around in the quick battles if you're after a little bit of Doctor Who in your X-COM.

Bugs - Many
Sprites - Unfinished

What time I've had free this weekend I've used to cobble together the mobile conversion units that the cybermen will be using to increase their numbers.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 12:35:35 am by Cirius »