Author Topic: Rebalanced?  (Read 8993 times)

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Rebalanced?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 11:36:18 am »
sometimes in certain other facilities for some reason.
Oh yeah, I once had that "pleasure". Snakeman base attack, everyone was pointing their guns at the accesslift and the hangar area behind it. And then a Cryssalid came from behind my guys... Very funny that...

Offline NKF

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2017, 01:17:43 am »
You couldn't actually crowd out all spawn points because you and the aliens have different spawn points for the most part.

Assuming OpenXcom doesn't allow soldiers to encroach on alien spawn points, then definitely not a problem. However the original game will make use of alien nodes if there were insufficient soldier nodes to place all your soldiers.

This is what caused the issue in TFTD where the occasional aquanaut would spawn deep inside the second level of an alien colony rather than at the two entry areas.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2017, 01:28:09 am »
Well, I'm using Hobbes' Terrain pack, and have exactly this behavior on that alternate alien base map type. Sending 4 HWP + 10 Soldiers really often causes the game to place everyone but one soldier at the starting point. That poor last fellow is placed somewhere else on the second floor. So retreating really fast isn't really an option in such cases, unless one can make this sacrifice without too much trouble.