Author Topic: Impossible to Reach UFO - is this a bug?  (Read 3207 times)

Offline thundergraham

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Impossible to Reach UFO - is this a bug?
« on: September 08, 2017, 11:05:03 pm »
Just arrived to a landed Abductor in an arctic environment, only to find that the Skyranger and Abductor are separated by water patches I can't walk around. There's no way to get to the UFO! And no, I don't have Flying Suits.
What do I do now? I know after 20 turns the aliens learn your location and move more aggressively- does this apply to ALL the aliens, and I can just wait for them all to exit the UFO? Or should I just call it a day and leave?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: Impossible to Reach UFO - is this a bug?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 11:35:01 pm »
Yep, sometimes maps spawn with no possible route between the Skyranger and the UFO, especially on arctic terrain, which has a lot of map blocks covered with water.  This happened in the original game, and unless you have flying suits, you just have to wait for the aliens to come out.  I think Hellrazor came up with a fixed arctic mapscript to lower the probability of that happening.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 10:17:55 am »
You could edit your save file and change the location of your soldiers to place them on the other side of the water. I don't know how to do it but I know that it is possible.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 10:24:24 am »
You could edit your save file and change the location of your soldiers to place them on the other side of the water. I don't know how to do it but I know that it is possible.

Turn on debug mode (ctrl+D) and teleport a unit to cursor using ctrl+W.
Then save and reload.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 05:44:28 pm »
Turn on debug mode (ctrl+D) and teleport a unit to cursor using ctrl+W.
Then save and reload.

Is there any way to a teleport be intruduced in game , like apocalypse , that would be kool , since i see there is a way to use it in debug mode

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 06:14:34 pm »
Is there any way to a teleport be intruduced in game , like apocalypse , that would be kool , since i see there is a way to use it in debug mode

I have it on my list as part of a larger plan for forcing movement like knockback, grappling hooks, jumping, etc., but it may be a while before implementation.