aliens

Author Topic: Cydonia or Bust! Kiri's question thread. Game complete!  (Read 88224 times)

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Getting trashed lol. New question thread
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2017, 05:39:05 pm »
Thanks Mechanique for the detailed response. I shall have to aim for family ties asap to remove the time limit

I chose gold codex so it seemed I fucked it up lol. I do have an underwater vessel but I don't think my equipment would be any good for it so I'll have to do more research. What kind of rocket launcher should I use for the 0-G mission? Just a normal rocket launcher?

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2017, 07:24:26 pm »
Yeah, it's not like you have any choice in the matter lol. Though I tend to instead go with lasguns and axes.

Oh, and for underwater missions you don't need much either, just bring axes (again), ranged weapons of your choice and spikeballs. Throw spikeballs at enemies until they die. Win.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 07:31:24 pm by greattuna »

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2017, 08:04:44 pm »
Thanks. Just had a bounty mission where I needed to stop a mage escaping from a city. We got to the escape craft but the door wouldn't open. We ended up shelling it a few times with mortars and evacced after that. No idea how I was supposed to do that one :/

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2017, 08:13:12 pm »
One tile of the ship-floor is destroyable.
A rare opportunity to use the timer with 1 turn delay for explosion.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2017, 09:05:01 pm »
Thankyou, should I put a bomb underneath it? What  would you recommend, high explosive?

Offline SomeGuy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2017, 09:34:35 pm »
I place the bombs next to the doors then get my gals ready to reaction shoot everything inside. High explosives are good enough I think.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2017, 09:40:43 pm »
I think I've already said this, but I just place two high explosives at the door, first blows up the door, second - everyone inside.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2017, 01:53:30 am »
Or use Auto-Ax on door and stun everyone in ship with stun granade. If they are civilians onboard and you kill them, you will get negative points. The chapest and most profitable way.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2017, 02:50:17 am »
Well I used 1 high explosive and dogs came out. Wish I had used 2 XD. Fortunately one dog was shot by reaction fire and the other caused only minor wounds even though it hit a lot, then I got my guard dog capture.

Btw I KOd a drone earlier, it went to sleep. I'm sure I tried to KO a drone in the previous patch and it simply broke, but these two drones dropped in a single hit each with a handle and dropped down with the ZZZ text above them, so strange XD

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2017, 05:49:53 am »
At somepoint a number of mechanical units became stun-able with the right weapons.

Offline SomeGuy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2017, 10:00:24 am »
At somepoint a number of mechanical units became stun-able with the right weapons.

Handles, can always trust a handle to get the job done.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2017, 01:33:26 pm »
Hehe, I'll try stunning more robots then

Does anyone know where I can find a human powered armour? Is it an item I get from humans who are wearing powered armour or do I need to find a suit that nobody is wearing?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2017, 02:48:58 pm »
Hehe, I'll try stunning more robots then

Does anyone know where I can find a human powered armour? Is it an item I get from humans who are wearing powered armour or do I need to find a suit that nobody is wearing?

Research powerarmor parts.
That should do the trick.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2017, 03:38:48 pm »
I'll try to find some. I had a landed craft with some marsec bodyguards in year 1 but I haven't seen any since. I had warrior armour and ol shotguns back then so I just aborted, but now I have GLs I can kill nearly anything, especially since my surviving people have 100-120 aim by now

BTW if Dioxine is reading this I found a glitch. If you put 8 people in the shadowbat then the 8th person is erased from the game permanently and doesn't appear in the mission or on the memorial. I never tried 9 people because after I did this twice and realised the shadowbat was erasing my people I stopped doing it. I lost 2 of my people this way T_T

Fortunately 3 of my replacements are up to my bare minimum standards and the new defender armour is making them easy to train. By the time they're TU and strength maxed with 100+ stam the other 6 trainees should be ready for some field training so I think I'll pull through if I play it carefully, I only have 7 good soldiers besides them left now tho if I recall my 2 aircar pilots (They're just there for aircar races) I'll have a couple more ready for field training too

Offline SomeGuy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2017, 05:07:46 pm »
Should've applied chainsaw and/or hammer to the bodyguards, that does the trick real nicely, I even always buy an extra 3 chainsaws when I can early game. Helps deal with lobstermen if you encounter them during a pogrom.

As for the shadow bat bug, it's already known about, think Dioxine said it'll be fixed next update. Or what if it isn't a bug? What if shadowtech is powered by the life energy of your gals and requires a sacrifice at the start of every mission?