aliens

Author Topic: Cydonia or Bust! Kiri's question thread. Game complete!  (Read 88370 times)

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Getting trashed lol. New question thread
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2017, 06:20:05 pm »
High bravery is a must, it will be a dozen turns before you get to kill anything.

Your oposiiton is rather poorly armed and mostly poorly trained, so it is not too difficult.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2017, 06:38:28 pm »
Depends on the difficulty but yes the opponents pack mostly tranquilizer weaponry and melee weapons to stun your 6 (5) hands.
Best is to let everyone 'hide' a shiv in thier inventory and murder the guards spawned in the same room.
Quickly run to the basement and get the pickaxe.
Break the 'softer' walls to garther the squad and start digging through the base to the roof.
Bravery 80+ with overall high stats should do it.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2017, 06:38:58 pm »
Aww man, I probably want to get some super soldiers before I try that one lol. I have 50-70 bravery on most of my people, only my pilots have 100 presumeably from shooting down ships. Any suggestions on how to raise it higher without swapping out pilots?

Sorry I have another question. I unlocked tac armour but I need aqua plastics for it which I think are the new personal armor parts. I know I can eventually buy them but I cant remember when they become available for purchase

I had 9 aqua plastics somehow so I mustve gotten some from somewhere. Does anyone know where they can be looted? I don't need many
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 06:41:38 pm by KiriKaneko »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2017, 06:42:03 pm »
Warehouse raids net a free tac-vest from time to time.

Aqua-Plastics can be robbed/harvested from carapace-armored enemies. Those that can't be gunned down with basic shotguns.
The 'purchace' should be gated behind one of the expensive prices in the bountyhunting game.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2017, 07:11:58 pm »
#029 entry in bootypedia covers the ways of raising bravery: use medikits, pilot ships, go in combat naked (or almost naked).

For aqua plastics: rob\enslave armored guys (trader security, osiron people, etc.), or go raid a Sunken USO for hundreds of 'em. Purchase is locked behind "Prize: Military Supplies". Actually, you will need a fair amount, because you'll need plastics for heavy armor -> defender armor -> guardian suits, which are pretty solid mid-game armor, and some other things.

Offline Kharim

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2017, 08:08:51 pm »
Got a question about Nurse outfit. Somehow I can't replenish other Gals energy.
Also can You target with medikit? Specific situation: medic is standing over a wounded enemy, facing a wounded gal. Medikit automatically targets enemy beneath.

Sent with my ZAX 1.2

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2017, 08:30:23 pm »
That's how vanilla is, not in the mod. Got this problem too back when I still played the original

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2017, 09:39:47 pm »
ty ty

You said the purchase is gated behind rare bounty hunting? Could you explain this to me please? I saw the briefing telling me I cant use armor or decent gear and decided it wasn't worth it so I haven't done any of them yet XD

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2017, 10:01:35 pm »
Bounty hunting is how you get access to better stuff, if you're limited it's so you can get close to enemies in situations where they're limited.  Only Spartans would go to a fancy dress party heavily armed, after all.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2017, 07:15:20 am »
I agree with kade, after all it is always worth it to go to bounty hunts, too much loot

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2017, 10:31:44 am »
What's some good gear to bring to my first bounty hunts? Any advice for me? I don't have dojos yet so I don't want to lose my high level troops. They have high stam, melee, TU and str so they make the general capture missions so much smoother and I would hate to lose any of them

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2017, 10:38:13 am »
My only friends, the melee since the place is gonna tight, guns will be useless

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2017, 11:26:39 am »
Can I bring axes in with me or are they restricted? Is shiv the best concealed weapon?

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2017, 11:33:49 am »
No, an ax is not a concealed weapon.

The best concealed weapons would be force blades, mono-claws and ghost daggers; but you most likely don't have access to either and won't have for a long time, so just bring barbed\regular daggers, they're enough.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2017, 11:56:25 am »
I had a bounty hunt and went with machetes and pirate clothes but when I got there it let me bring my shotguns and axes in, we wasted them pretty easily but that might've been a one off, the briefing didn't say we had to go plain clothes or anything

EDIT: I had the church one where we had to go casual. Pirate clothes were fine and the spiked daggers made short work of everything in our path. Thanks for all the advice! I might give mansion a go sometime which is something I was too terrified of last playthrough to even attempt
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:34:29 pm by KiriKaneko »