Author Topic: Disruptive transmission mission  (Read 3993 times)

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Disruptive transmission mission
« on: July 29, 2017, 01:33:30 am »
How to beat this mission? Is it worth to try made it as fast as possible? So I start second playthrough after the first one was failure for some reasons with one was that mission. I sended my two best gals in interceptor only to find out them in some crappy cocoon without proper weapon. One move in any direction resulted death by some robots who I couldn't see or even shoot.
I learned over my mistakes in second playthrough and I rushed research so I achieved codex before having more than starting airbus and before first enemy base assault. Does this mission active but not resolved will significantly lower my infamy and research speed?

I very like the idea of space missions, but that was so unfair.

By the way. I love this mode so much! I don't even think about playing something else. Lore, graphics and game mechanics are just wonderfull.

Offline Mechanique

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Disruptive transmission mission
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 02:38:30 am »
I've been ignoring them for 4 or 5 times since they started popping up very early in the campaign, way before I had any space-worthy vessel besides H-K (that I never bothered to build) or researched 0-G missions topic (so "What to wear" gave me "Unknown" as an armor list). Didn't notice any impactful effects to infamy or research times for ignoring them though, consistently getting 6-9k monthly regadless of signal. I got patchyderm and a whole of 1 space suit now (lucky loot from Warehouse Wars) and ability to make Rescue Pod armor, might as well try it at some point, but I guess it can be ignored early on.

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 03:09:38 am »
I don't think you'll be able to beat it until you have space suits. The enemies there are too dangerous to defeat with the escape pods. You'll want to use proper laser weapons, or perhaps melee.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 08:35:53 am »
Thanks for answering. I'm was starting to worry that this will ruin my game.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 02:10:54 pm »
Even with space suits and laser weapons, the enemies on this mission are super lethal. Due to the map layout they can't really patrol about, so they usually have a lot of TUs for entire volleys of reaction fire.

Offline Bacon_Hero

• Captain
  • Why can't I quit you X-Com UFO D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 02:49:53 pm »
Yeah seriously you'll need to rocket them from far away or go all the way down to the lower levels and sneak up behind the bots.

One thing to keep in mind is that these bots will wake up on the turn after you stun them, so either stun the last one or leave a gal to knock it out again when it wakes up.