Author Topic: Why does this mod not work?  (Read 2739 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Why does this mod not work?
« on: July 27, 2017, 12:38:20 am »
I'm just about to start a run through of Area 51 v 0.94 using OXCE+ 3.9 with the exe dated 14/07/17 and was able to successfully put on a lot of mods but when I tried the powerglove mod, either the ordinary version or the one edited to destroy terrain, the game won't launch and gives an error "Empty destination palette". I have no idea what this means but without this mod the game launches fine. I even tried the mod in question as the only activated user mod and get the same result. Can anyone advise as to why this mod doesn't work, either versions?

PS If any of the remaining mods conflict with or are already included in Area 51 v0.94, I can easily remove them but by my limited knowledge none of the rest should cause any problems?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Why does this mod not work?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 12:58:15 am »
Just tested this mod + Area 51 v 0.94 on nightly 15-06-2017 and had no issues. Try posting this error on the OXCE+ thread to see if they can help.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 11:09:29 am »
The handobs didn't have any palette.

Fixed images attached.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 12:20:16 pm »
That did the trick, thanks very much. I can merrily go demolishing walls and fences now. Couldn't understand why it didn't work before but the original mod is about 3 years old by Civilian and when I play openxcom now I always try to play on oxce+ rather than vanilla openxcom, so this issue wouldn't have come up years ago.

Offline SteamXCOM

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 01:33:42 am »
This seems like a great mod to try out, thank you Simon for letting us know about it, (and Civilian for making it) thank you Hobbes for further investigation and thank you Meridian for fixing it, though at this time I'm still using the normal Nightlies, but if the  switch occurs; GLOVE  will continue to work.