aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 677423 times)

Offline Dantalion

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.13)
« Reply #225 on: June 13, 2018, 09:15:25 pm »
Floating enemys around barge - it is as planned.
Yeah I didn't mean hallucinoids / ghosts etc. A lone naga guy was floating in midair in the dark (I don't think they have floating ability :) )
About biodrone - now you have two options: mind control last biodrone, or research live hellcrab.
Bah. Out of luck then for now, still have no disruptors / haven't seen hellcrabs after 1 game year either.
About music: any suggestions wich one to use?
Not necessary to add any new tracks, you can just point these maps to use normal surface battlescape / underwater battlescape tracks, that would be good enough ;)

Suggestion:
Over time you end up with absolutely crazy amounts of pulsers/pistols/blasta-rifles clips, wouldn't it make sense to have ability to dismantle them to zrbite? Especially since there isn't a foreseeable way to manufacture them youself (except the 2 other human-made sonics)

Also I stumbled upon a Disruptor cannon mod which I downloaded way back when mod portal was active, now this mod is nowhere to be found online. TFTD didn't have much standalone weaponry mods unfortunately.
While it's intended for vanilla (tested it - those weapons are obscenely ovepowered), I got curious why the sprites for it don't work properly. They have black background, and basically overlap with everything on inventory / battlescape.
Perhaps it's for a really old OpenXCOM version? Since I have checked your sprites, the HandObs have a single *.png file with 8 sprites, while those ones are 8 *.gif sprites instead. I could try to fix it myself if it's not much of a hassle.

Update:
Got another consistent crash now, on military base assault (2-stage, first with snowy landspace and lift in center and second stage in dark ruins below) when going from 1st stage to 2nd.
Attached save in this post.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:08:04 am by Dantalion »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 14, 2018, 06:28:34 am »
Nagas can float, and freaks too.
haven't seen hellcrabs after 1 game year either
Sorry, there was a critical bug until the last version, which not allows to spawn the hellcrabs.
Going to check crash.
English strings for v2.13 are all correct!

It's nice to be synchronized with each other for once :)
Thank you very much. Maybe later i will re-read these ufopedia articles and broke them back. :) As you somewhy each time remove a word "animal" from MC-projector description.

Upd.:
Sorry, Dantalion, i can not debug this segmentation fault for now. only reason i can assume is a conflict with some other mod you have.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 06:37:59 am by Nord »

Offline long6oarder

• Captain
  • Your X-Com must be quite precious to you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 14, 2018, 09:13:10 am »
Maybe later i will re-read these ufopedia articles and broke them back. :) As you somewhy each time remove a word "animal" from MC-projector description.

LOL sorry! I am not rewriting it every time. I just have my own master copy, and I bring your changes in each time and incorporate them. But for a while there were a lot of spelling mistakes (MY spelling mistakes) that weren't corrected in the versions you released, so I knew you had not had time to go through and bring my corrections into your copy. So I bring your new strings into my copy and post my copy to the forum. So that's why each release I made looks like I rewrote the word "animal". I only changed it once (a while ago), but all my releases still contain that change.

Anyway, now that we are synchronized, if you change some words back to your preference I will leave them alone.  :)

Offline Dantalion

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2018, 09:14:06 pm »
Sorry, there was a critical bug until the last version, which not allows to spawn the hellcrabs.
Hope it doesn't mean I have to restart if I started in v.2.11 ?  :-[

Upd.:
Sorry, Dantalion, i can not debug this segmentation fault for now. only reason i can assume is a conflict with some other mod you have.
Nope, I just checked with all other mods disabled (I basically only have the disruptor, which I didn't research anyway and PSX Music / Sounds + few of the standard mods which come with OpenXCOM)
still crashes with only TWoTS enabled.

Offline Deviont

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 16, 2018, 09:21:39 pm »
Problems with the accuracy of a micro torpedo gun.

Offline Dantalion

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 17, 2018, 12:55:44 pm »
Regarding the biodrone terrorist...

If we trust the ufopaedia site, the bidrones are identical to cyberdiscs in all aspects except size and melee attacks (https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Cyberdisc)
This likely means that they also cannot be captured alive same as cyberdiscs:
Live specimen
( Note: it is not possible to capture one, the only way to get this report is to get it from a captured medic.)
So if your way to get one alive is MC control (which I believe is also only possible with option "aliens controlled count as captured") then it's a bit un-intuitive.
I guess it's a way to make the sonic WM much more lategame than just researching alien sonics. Wish you would consider changing that, but it's your call  :)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 18, 2018, 07:34:41 am »
This likely means that they also cannot be captured alive same as cyberdiscs:So if your way to get one alive is MC control (which I believe is also only possible with option "aliens controlled count as captured") then it's a bit un-intuitive.
I guess it's a way to make the sonic WM much more lategame than just researching alien sonics. Wish you would consider changing that, but it's your call  :)
Ok, fine. I'll reconsider it.
Problems with the accuracy of a micro torpedo gun.
What problem?  :)

Offline Deviont

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 18, 2018, 09:48:41 am »
What problem?  :)
My soldier has good firing accuracy, but the micro torpedo gun still shows low accuracy :(

Offline ilidan371

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 18, 2018, 07:00:30 pm »
Hi,

not sure if it's been reported but calcinite recycling requires a gillman corpse instead.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 19, 2018, 06:32:01 am »
My soldier has good firing accuracy, but the micro torpedo gun still shows low accuracy :(
Look at usopedia - microtorpedo launcher have only 30% accuracy (but missile will correct herself in waypoint)

Hi,

not sure if it's been reported but calcinite recycling requires a gillman corpse instead.
Thanks, will fix.

Offline Deviont

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 19, 2018, 10:33:16 am »
Look at usopedia - microtorpedo launcher have only 30% accuracy (but missile will correct herself in waypoint)
Oops sorry, forgot to check out ufopaedia,thanks :P

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 19, 2018, 11:35:13 am »
In your items.rul :

The Hazmat suit requires "str_specweap".
This causes it to appear at the same time as the "STR_NEWTSUIT".
According to my findings it would be more logical that "Hazmat" requires "STR_H_ACID_PROTECTION" !
And as it will be in accordance with the contents of the file "ufopaedia.rul"!  ;)
What do you think ?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 11:37:35 am by BlackStaff »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 20, 2018, 03:25:58 pm »
In your items.rul :

The Hazmat suit requires "str_specweap".
This causes it to appear at the same time as the "STR_NEWTSUIT".
According to my findings it would be more logical that "Hazmat" requires "STR_H_ACID_PROTECTION" !
And as it will be in accordance with the contents of the file "ufopaedia.rul"!  ;)
What do you think ?
You can not buy them, only produce. So look at manufacturing rules, not items.

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 20, 2018, 06:16:03 pm »
You can not buy them, only produce. So look at manufacturing rules, not items.
You're right!
My manufacture.rul file was corrupted!  :'(
Sorry !

Offline Dantalion

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 29, 2018, 10:41:11 pm »
Another small issue:
Jellyman colony attack part 2 - the items from stage 1 do not get transferred to equip screen. You get nothing at all on the ground after stage 1.
Seems like they still get recovered properly at the end.

Another one:
Skullshrimps do not have a "blast" sprite on death.

Also:
Spoiler:
Jellyman Ruler is not found in colonies? Weird, that's the most logical spot I expected to find them in. I assume there are special events to get one then?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 11:05:18 pm by Dantalion »