aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676569 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.11)
« Reply #210 on: June 07, 2018, 12:56:19 pm »
Ok, got it. Will be fixed soon.

For those who playing through my mod:
If you not reach ancient dungeoun until now, please wait. I will update mod with critical bug fixed. Soon. Until then your game cannot be won. Sorry.

Upd.:
Version 2.12 is up.
Changelog:
 - critical bug fixed, noe you can win the game. I hope...
 - many small bugs are fixed too, including advanced bio armor.
 - added two new USO, both with shields (for late game). Maps are stolen and then reworked. :)
 - reworked tech tree.
 - balancing
 - newest OXCE+ build.

Oops, forget  about MC-battlearmor sprite. Well then, a reason to create new version. :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 02:32:51 pm by Nord »

Offline Deviont

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.11)
« Reply #211 on: June 08, 2018, 06:33:36 pm »
Oops, forget  about MC-battlearmor sprite. Well then, a reason to create new version. :)
Oh no.And I was already hoping to test her :P
Thanks for new version.

Offline long6oarder

• Captain
  • Your X-Com must be quite precious to you...
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.12)
« Reply #212 on: June 08, 2018, 07:06:05 pm »
Please find attached the latest English translations for version 2.12.

Paste this file into the following location and overwrite:

\TWoTS_2_12\user\mods\TWoTS\Ruleset

Enjoy!

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 09, 2018, 05:38:33 am »
Please find attached the latest English translations for version 2.12.

Paste this file into the following location and overwrite:

\TWoTS_2_12\user\mods\TWoTS\Ruleset

Enjoy!
Many thanks!

Offline b.o.s domestic disputes

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 10, 2018, 07:38:54 pm »
Bug Report
Whenever a diver is killed wearinga hazmat suit my game crashes with the STR_CORPSE_HAZMAT. Sorry if this has already been addressed but I have had the issue with three different updates.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 11, 2018, 02:24:28 pm »
Got it, thanks. Will release a fixed version in a day or two.

I am playing a test run. So much bugs... you even dont imagine. :)

Offline Vesparco

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 11, 2018, 08:07:01 pm »
Ok, dropped the current game until next patch :P.

Feedback so far is that is a very nice mod. There are quite a few addition that refreshes the game (both in terms of equipment and mission-wise).

Stuff that may be worth considering.
- I was not able to get yet the new "interceptor" after the cormorant, which I assume became a blocking point for evolving the air in general. From the tech tree I understand it is linked to part of the story driven mission so I assume I am arriving late at the mission due to lack of focusing the research to unlock it (I assume it starts from the databank from the church of syrius). This is somewhat problematic as the lack varied interceptors make research in the air department uneven, potentially leaving unused air weapons and having severe issues in the geoscape (lack of interceptions, incapacity to tackle enemy bases). Maybe more slower small usos could give the cormorant some better use. Also some hints on the fact that you need that tech could be given to encourage the research earlier.

- Starting equipment serves only for the first mission, commercial underwater weapons are deprecated extremely quickly (due to the lack of research options). I don't know if it is intended. Also the "commercial" grenade launcher is quite bad in comparison with the gas cannon that follows. I consider it is a pity to "throw" so fast these new weapons, but just my opinion.

- It would be nice to have "surface" armors as lesser counterparts to the researched ones. I understand that aqua plastics are cool but it is also coherent to use kevlar, alien alloys and whatever you want on land. I think more detachment from water and land is nice as it could be player by having independent teams for each activity (such in the way the ocean team is in xpiratez).

Nevertheless really enjoyed the mod and looking forward to the next release to tackle it again

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 12, 2018, 12:26:41 pm »
Version 2.13 is up.
Changelog:
 - Another critical bug fixed. Now Freaks spawns properly.
 - MC battlearmor animation fixed.
 - Some other fixes.
 - Research and manufacture slightly changed due to balancing.

Looks like now game works properly, but test play continues.

To Vesparco: Thanks for feedback.
About early interceptor  - yes, you need to complete Khimtar blackbox mission for not be helpless. It is maked so with meaning. You MUST be helpless before found SORESO techs.
About starting equipment - yes, you are right. It is useful only in first one-two missions. By the same reason, i wanted to show huge gap from our modern techs to vanilla TFTD starting techs.
About land armor - nice idea, i can add something like that. Need to steal some spritesheets though ;)

I should describe some new concepts as a tips for player. Maybe in first post? I need to think about it...

Offline Dantalion

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.13)
« Reply #218 on: June 12, 2018, 02:15:58 pm »
Hello,

Been playing since 2.11. Liking so far, guess it seems somewhat longwar-inspired (xcom2012 mod).

Few problems I've encountered so far:
1. I'm almost certain there's some sort of bug with biodrones. Since it requires researching a live one for certain important techs, I've tried stunning a biodrone on land terror maps. The interesting part though - it's not possible. Stunning them just generates a "corpse" object and doesn't trigger the explosion but that's it. Neither the tazers or thermal shok stun them properly. In fact, I don't remember actually how it was in TFTD vanilla either.
Logically, I assumed I need to get the ufopaedia entry from a "medic" alien, but that didn't unlock anything either.
Then I've dug into the research.rul and tried changing the "biodrone_terrorist" to just "biodrone" - and that fixes the problem (if there's one), the "medic" random biodrone entry will unlock corresponding techs. However it doesn't seem logical to me that you need to basically re-roll the medics until you get the biodrone.
So it's either a bug in being unable to stun them / depending on a live one when you can't get a live one. Or third - there's a secret way to obtain a "live" terrorist which I haven't found yet, even 1 game year later.
2. Alien Barge / Alien military base assault (land 2 stage mission) are missing battlescape music so they just play whatever music was playing just before the mission.
3. Again Alien Barge (Naga race) - I recall there was a Naga spawned outside of the Barge, bottom-left corner, basically in the air. 4th or 5th level. Lucky, there's a window to see this area, but could be annoying otherwise.

P.S.:
Are the "downed ufo crash site" useful somehow (except the free points opportunity) after the initial research? Inert Elerium / Flight records do not seem to have any dependencies either.
Can they be safely ignored just as mutant village missions, if you don't need extra points?

Update:
v.2.13 now has introduced a new crash when loading savegames (occured on large ship / base defense multiple times)
[FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Corrupt state: Unknown original UFO destination.
Can provide saves if needed.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 04:35:30 pm by Dantalion »

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2018, 11:37:46 pm »
I'm out of luck!
The game starts correctly but ... Unable to activate the Mod... because this error appears immediately :
[12-06-2018_22-32-36]   [WARN]   disabling mod with invalid ruleset: TWoTS
[12-06-2018_22-32-36]   [ERROR]   failed to load 'The world of (terrifying) silence'; mod disabled for next startup
C:\_GAMES\OpenXcom_TWoTS\user\mods\TWoTS/Ruleset/Ufopaedia.rul: invalid node; this may result from using a map iterator as a sequence iterator, or vice-versa

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2018, 11:52:42 pm »
Update:
v.2.13 now has introduced a new crash when loading savegames (occured on large ship / base defense multiple times)
[FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Corrupt state: Unknown original UFO destination.
Can provide saves if needed.

This is a OXCE+ bug, which has been fixed in the last update... but... it may still fail to load if your save already contained any active undetected hunter-killers.

I can fix your save, if you want... just upload here.

I'm out of luck!
The game starts correctly but ... Unable to activate the Mod... because this error appears immediately :
[12-06-2018_22-32-36]   [WARN]   disabling mod with invalid ruleset: TWoTS
[12-06-2018_22-32-36]   [ERROR]   failed to load 'The world of (terrifying) silence'; mod disabled for next startup
C:\_GAMES\OpenXcom_TWoTS\user\mods\TWoTS/Ruleset/Ufopaedia.rul: invalid node; this may result from using a map iterator as a sequence iterator, or vice-versa

It works fine for me... try a fresh install from scratch... maybe something is conflicting if you just upgraded by copying a new version over the old one.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 12:02:53 am by Meridian »

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 13, 2018, 01:00:38 am »
It works fine for me... try a fresh install from scratch... maybe something is conflicting if you just upgraded by copying a new version over the old one.
I made the mistake of taking your folders (common and standard to your latest OXCE+) then adding the "user" folder. By taking all the folders from the archive TWoTS 2.13, it works!
Sorry !

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 13, 2018, 06:08:29 am »
Meridian, say please, it is normal that unit with "specab: 3" can not be stunned? It creates a corpse instead of live alien. :(

To Dantalion: yes, downed ufo is not necessary now
 (Maybe i add some meaning to elerium later...)
Floating enemys around barge - it is as planned.
About biodrone - now you have two options: mind control last biodrone, or research live hellcrab.
About music: any suggestions wich one to use?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 13, 2018, 10:40:22 am »
Meridian, say please, it is normal that unit with "specab: 3" can not be stunned? It creates a corpse instead of live alien. :(

it is implemented that way

Code: [Select]
if (_unit->getStatus() == STATUS_UNCONSCIOUS && (_unit->getSpecialAbility() == SPECAB_EXPLODEONDEATH || _unit->getSpecialAbility() == SPECAB_BURN_AND_EXPLODE))
{
_unit->instaKill();
}

Don't know if it's correct... would have to ask vanilla devs.. does anyone remember how it was in the original?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 11:01:08 am by Meridian »

Offline long6oarder

• Captain
  • Your X-Com must be quite precious to you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 13, 2018, 08:55:45 pm »
English strings for v2.13 are all correct!

It's nice to be synchronized with each other for once :)