aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 688531 times)

Offline Lobsterman Bait

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.05)
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2018, 11:45:41 am »
Hi, the Laser weapon issue is now gone (probably I installed something incorrectly).

I've had three other minor issues, though.

1. On the Barge mission, the Alien turn takes a long time. It seems related to Hallucinoids getting stuck in doors or something like that (after all Hallucinoids are killed, the Alien turn returns to normal). The mission is still playable, it's just that it takes longer than it should.

2. Gas Heavy Cannon - bodies aren't displayed if they're in the same tile as a dropped HGC. I mean on the main screen, not the inventory screen.

3. Sometimes there's a map error reported, though the mission is still playable. Here's the info from the game log:

[02-01-2018_10-31-08]   [WARN]   STR_ALIEN_RETALIATION2 not found in en-US
[02-01-2018_10-32-15]   [INFO]   Bad node in RMP file: ROUTES/GAL05.RMP Node #4 is outside map boundaries at X:10 Y:6 Z:3. Culling Node.
[02-01-2018_10-32-15]   [INFO]   Bad node in RMP file: ROUTES/GAL05.RMP Node #5 is outside map boundaries at X:6 Y:10 Z:3. Culling Node.
[02-01-2018_10-32-15]   [INFO]   Bad node in RMP file: ROUTES/GAL05.RMP Node #4 is outside map boundaries at X:10 Y:6 Z:3. Culling Node.
[02-01-2018_10-32-15]   [INFO]   Bad node in RMP file: ROUTES/GAL05.RMP Node #5 is outside map boundaries at X:6 Y:10 Z:3. Culling Node.
[02-01-2018_10-32-15]   [INFO]   Bad node in RMP file: ROUTES/GAL01.RMP Node #9 is outside map boundaries at X:12 Y:20 Z:3. Culling Node.
[02-01-2018_10-32-15]   [INFO]   Bad node in RMP file: ROUTES/GAL03.RMP Node #12 is outside map boundaries at X:20 Y:16 Z:3. Culling Node.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2018, 11:49:49 am »
The game shows the heaviest object on the floor. If a gun is heavier than the corpse, then naturally it will be shown "on top".

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2018, 01:22:27 pm »
Hello Lobsterman Bait.

1 - I think it is not about terror units, but because of large quantity of enemys.
2 - Solarius Scorch is always right. :)
3 - gal0 - it is original sunken galleon map. I will redact these routes in the next update.

Thanks for feedback.

Offline Lobsterman Bait

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2018, 02:54:25 pm »
Thanks, guys!

About the Barge - next time the mission comes up, I'll try to leave the Hallucinoids for last and try to see whether the game is still slow.

Anyway, I'm having a lot of fun with this mod. I've developed a tactic to fight Lobstermen using Exosuits, Dye Grenades and close combat weapons. It's simple, really - I use the terrain and Grenades to create ambush spots and then rush them. Works very well if they have Sonic Pistols or even Rifles, though not so much against Sonic Cannons.

Just one more question - how does the Training Pool actually work? Is it automatic?

niculinux

« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2018, 10:04:47 pm »
Hello there! Out of curiosity: does anyone elve have experienced with this? (clik to see)

Moreover plase may the difficulty levels have some "tampering"? I mean, for instance at superhuman level in x-piratez i manage to reasonably progress - though i'm a supersuper newbie - while inTWoTS in the first 3 months i was not able even to beat a single mission? Seems that difficulty level is the same as vanilla TFTD, tha is to say almost impossible!!! So i wish superhuman may mo a bit more human  ;D

Offline long6oarder

• Captain
  • Your X-Com must be quite precious to you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2018, 09:50:28 am »
Hello there! Out of curiosity: does anyone elve have experienced with this? (clik to see)

Hey mate,

Yes, I had this happen to me just yesterday. I had shot and killed an enemy on a rooftop, and suddenly the game crashed. I reloaded from an autosave, and I tried to reproduce the crash (see attachement), but it never happened again. I thought maybe it could have something to do with the Coup deGrace feature, so before the mission ended, I had a recruit put a sleeping enemy in one hand, knife in the other, but did not execute him. I then finished the mission, and no crash happened. Also, when the crash happened the first time, I believe the enemy that I killed was not the last one (so the bug may not be related to end of mission). This was a shore settlement mission.

Moreover plase may the difficulty levels have some "tampering"? I mean, for instance at superhuman level in x-piratez i manage to reasonably progress - though i'm a supersuper newbie - while inTWoTS in the first 3 months i was not able even to beat a single mission? Seems that difficulty level is the same as vanilla TFTD, tha is to say almost impossible!!! So i wish superhuman may mo a bit more human  ;D

Spoiler:
Regarding the difficulty, I have started a game on Genius, mostly because I wanted to play through and check my English translations, and also because I don't want to struggle. However, it is actually surprisingly easy on this setting. I don't have many missions come up, but my score doesn't seem to be suffering either. The missions themselves are not bloodbaths, and I typically succeed. The one exception, though, is the underwater missions with Polyphs. I haven't had a chance to play one of those missions with my new Triton, so the three missions I have tried against Polyphs so far had my aquanauts fully exposed, and those missions were all horrible. It was like sending my squad to the firing line to watch while they are executed. I've only ever killed one Polyph and it cost me five agents to do it. Now I just skip those missions with hopes that maybe when I get the DPL I can kill one.

So, other than the Polyphs missions everything else is going well. So far at this difficulty level I have unlocked new guns faster than the missions come up, so I have only deployed about half of the firearms I've researched. Often, I can wait for more research to unlock the next upgrade. To me, this makes it seem like the missions should be more frequent than they have been. Perhaps Nord has focused on pacing the game for the veteran difficulty setting, since nearly everyone will choose that.

Overall, I am really enjoying the mod so far. :)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2018, 02:56:12 pm »
Hi.
Training pool works as any other training facilities - in base "aquanauts" screen is a button "training".

About difficulty levels - to my shame, i did almost nothing with it. Maybe only the alien item levels.

About range bug - damn, i really have seen that before, and find solution. But now i can not remember it. Need to think more...

Offline ionych1972

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2018, 09:57:18 am »
Hello,
Another error - when I try to produce hazmat armor game crashed...

Log entry:
[11-01-2018_10-53-32]   [FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Item STR_HAZMAT_ARMOR not found
[11-01-2018_10-53-37]   [FATAL]   OpenXcom has crashed: Item STR_HAZMAT_ARMOR not found
Extra information has been saved to openxcom.log.
If this error was unexpected, please report it to the developers.

At all, item from my point of view is near useless, but...

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2018, 11:28:36 am »
Get it. Will fix.
Hazmat armor is not useless, it is very specific to use. In short list of encounters.

Offline BoToJu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2018, 02:57:10 pm »
Very first Mission. Some tiles seem missing (see attachement). Playing on Linux. Using default OXCE+ (compiled from source), with copied contents of the mods folder from the TWoTS+ rar file.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2018, 03:53:34 pm »
No tiles are missing, that's the end of the map

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2018, 04:20:48 pm »
Maybe you mean there must be more craft tiles? No, it is all. The flying boat can not dive, so your soldiers just use dropcords, as sayed in usopedia.
I wanted to draw these cords, but game engine do not allow to change appearance of crafts, so terror missions will become odd with these ropes, climbing to the sky. :)

Offline BoToJu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2018, 08:13:34 pm »
as sayed in usopedia.
Just after writing my post, i got some sort of idea ... "maybe the soldiers are just ... reading ufopedia ... oh crap"   :D

that's the end of the map
;D

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2018, 09:46:36 am »
You mean previous versions was deleted? It is i who did it.
Current version contains all stuff from previous, but without their bugs.
But if you want, i can give you personally an archive of all versions. Wonder why do you need them, but....

Offline NewMars

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2018, 11:25:29 pm »
Capturing a Naga Sorcerer causes the mod to crash with a segmentation fault error.

Edit: Also the Mindworm island xenopedia entries are available from the start of the game.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 11:27:03 pm by NewMars »