Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 677470 times)

Offline Gena Krokodilov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.56)
« Reply #2025 on: April 29, 2023, 02:20:38 pm »
OXCE 7.9 just released and available to download.

Question is -  is it still necessary doing a fix (remove the `loadResources: - TFTD`) in a metadata.yml file in the TWOTS+ v.2.56 ?

Or with OXCE 7.9  i can use original TWOTS+ 2.56 files without any modification of files?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: April 29, 2023, 02:45:48 pm »
I have explicitly said in the first post, that `loadResources:` is already ignored in TWoTS and has been for years.

There is no need for players to do anything.

I have directly addressed only @Nord.
(And I have never said anybody else should do anything.)

Please stop this discussion.

Offline Gena Krokodilov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: April 29, 2023, 03:09:19 pm »
For directly addressed messages this forum provides » Personal Messages » Inbox.

However, this forum thread is open to the public, any member can post here on the topic of the thread. isn't it?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: April 29, 2023, 03:20:48 pm »
Of course, absolutely no problem.

Feel free to change anything you want whatever way you want, even if I already said twice you don't need to.
I am not going to repeat it for the third time.

Offline Gena Krokodilov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: April 29, 2023, 03:27:11 pm »
No offence from me to any of you people, who still made one of my favorite game better and better over years.
i just want to tell thank you all - the creators of this oxce masterpiece, and this twots masterpiece.
sorry if a have a too annoying.

Offline murkhach@centrum.cz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: May 12, 2023, 12:58:22 am »
HI I finally find time to check scripting and  tried some funny tweaks to this awesome mod ..

1) added acid amunnition for microtorpedos  and  increased  weaypoints to 3 and increasing cost to 3 molectrinic components instead 1
 2) checked armor shielding  mechanism and created new type of shielding
      until shield has energy  each shield hit is reduced only up to small amount 20 - 50 (depending om damage type)
       - so it makes combat much more interesting (take down shield , than finish with other weapons)
       - suitable for Naga guardians
 3) Find out that there  are more than 10 types of damage in OXCE     
      - so I will try to make ION weapons use totaly different type of damege
      - as well there is a possibility to design (import) new class of weapons or ammunition that takes down rapidly shield 
            (micro torpedo clip, GC - clip, .. )

Offline Legacy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: May 12, 2023, 04:34:35 pm »
I’m back to trying to beat this mod, this time running on Superhuman again. With all I’ve learned from previous runs I’m finally having some great success, even successfully defending a week 2 base invasion. It helps to know the critical live captures too. I lost 4 guys trying to get that Aquatoid medic alive with just harpoons but I did it!

So far looking gun, but I’ve got a 2 parter night ship mission up next to annihilate my squad with. I think I actually hate the Triton; deploying from it is awful. Sea master is so much better at clearing the LZ (or dying extremely quickly :p)

Thank you for making a mod that has revived so many attempts to beat TFTD for me!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 05:53:12 pm by Legacy »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: May 12, 2023, 06:56:04 pm »
Thank you. And good luck with superhuman.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: May 15, 2023, 11:36:06 am »
Adding zrbite flare is good and useful idea. Night missions with normal flares were too hard. Obtaining bio flares takes a lot of time. So I only voting up for this good adjustment. Some small miss typo in usopeadia  article about zrbite flares - you are missed letter "e" at the end of the "zrbite" word. Another small suggestions. Since alien shard weapons now could be unlocked by any squad leader (and this is good adjustment too) may be better change phrase "With help of alien Commander" for something else like "with help of ranked alien (or may be officer)"?  And final question - have you changed throwing range on grenades and flares? They require too much strength now. Consider what this mod really hard on any difficulty could you readjust it too? May be something middle between old big values and small now. Throwing flares now on few meters now with average strength is cruel.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: May 15, 2023, 12:54:58 pm »
Yes, the underwater throwing range was reduced to 60%. IMO, this was a relatively good change as it better reflects physics and makes the battlescape tactic "throw out grenades everywhere" less viable but YMMV on whether it makes the game too difficult (I managed fine).

Offline Legacy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: May 15, 2023, 04:53:49 pm »
The shorter range on throwing explosives and flares I ended up compensating for with phosphorous heavy weapons and using torpedos/other cannons more than I would before. I think it helps incentivize using some other weapons in the arsenal

Last night I knocked out a bio drone with one stab of a Knife. That surprised me, I’m going to have to use knives more

Offline Gena Krokodilov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: May 16, 2023, 06:28:38 am »
Nord,

Which version of TWOTS translation was the original - russian or english?

I mean, which one of them was created first by author and also all these articles and descriptions in game was written first?

Which version of these translations (eng or rus) is better and more authentic?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: May 16, 2023, 10:25:54 am »
Nord,

Which version of TWOTS translation was the original - russian or english?
Russian.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: May 19, 2023, 02:00:55 pm »
Have not played this mod for a while, so I forgot what MC Lab require and got confused with it. Research it now require advanced technician too? Man this mod was pain already but now it's became even harder.
P.S.
Dear Nord, you stepping on same rake again. This might OXCE change again. Using latest version. I assume player should not buy cannons just at the beginning of the game:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 04:27:37 pm by Shiroi Bara »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: May 19, 2023, 08:34:46 pm »
Have not played this mod for a while, so I forgot what MC Lab require and got confused with it. Research it now require advanced technician too? Man this mod was pain already but now it's became even harder.
P.S.
Dear Nord, you stepping on same rake again. This might OXCE change again. Using latest version. I assume player should not buy cannons just at the beginning of the game:

Oh. This again. Thanks, will fi soon.