Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 694767 times)

Offline murkhach@centrum.cz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.56) Lobstrman knifed
« Reply #1980 on: February 07, 2023, 11:35:49 am »
Hi,
I am  not sure it it  was intense or miscalculation
But I was able to kill Most of Lobstermans with 1 or 2 good hit by  knife ...  This is weird
Do you have same experience ?

I suggest to either increase    ArmorEffectiveness  (to 2.0 - 3.0 ? ) or reduce (damageBonus  strength to 0.2 - 0.1  ?) 

To me seems damage bonuses for melee are completely weird 
  (defined just for knife that get insane bonus (melee + strength) /2 that is ~70 for skilled aquanaut

According to my common sense i Suggest
  -  Knife              +0.1 STR   + 0.2 MELEE          ~    +26    (AQUANAUT with 80STR + 90 MELEE )
  -  Axe                +0.5 STR                                ~    +40    (AQUANAUT with 80STR + 90 MELEE )
  -  Spear             +0.3 STR   + 0.2 MELEE         ~    +42     (AQUANAUT with 80STR + 90 MELEE )
  -  Hook              +0.1 STR   + 0.4 MELEE         ~    +48     (AQUANAUT with 80STR + 90 MELEE )
  -  Trident           +0.2 STR   + 0.4 MELEE         ~    +52     (AQUANAUT with 80STR + 90 MELEE )
  -  VibroKnife      +0.1 STR   + 0.4 MELEE          ~   +44    (AQUANAUT with 80STR + 90 MELEE )

« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 11:54:43 am by murkhach@centrum.cz »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.56)
« Reply #1981 on: February 07, 2023, 02:25:27 pm »
Yes, strength bonuses are obsolete. Should update them.

You should add "rightClickActionType: 1" to STR_HQ in facilities.rul in order to be able to choose what to do with the human prisoners you get (otherwise you cannot kill paladins/outcasts to grab repair their armor).
Ok, got it.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: February 07, 2023, 05:26:46 pm »
Melee weapons, whether they take accuracy or melee bonuses or not, indeed require some balancing. In the early game where you might actually want to use some of the melee weapons (e.g. knife), they are essentially useless because your melee accuracy is so low that you very rarely even hit. In the mid-end game when your melee accuracy is trained up, some of them are extremely effective. In particular, I love vibro knife, which essentially always kills lobstermen and the rest don't need too many hits either.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: February 08, 2023, 01:20:38 pm »
In the early game where you might actually want to use some of the melee weapons (e.g. knife), they are essentially useless because your melee accuracy is so low that you very rarely even hit. In the mid-end game when your melee accuracy is trained up, some of them are extremely effective. In particular, I love vibro knife, which essentially always kills lobstermen and the rest don't need too many hits either.
I suggest to increase hit chance above 150 % - so even with low melee accuracy you are guarantee to hit and rather balance TU to make them
I tried some tweaks with melee weapons  (see attached file) to reduce damage impact of STRENGTH and MELEE SKILL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.56) ABYSSIANs
« Reply #1984 on: February 08, 2023, 01:39:33 pm »
I think these noble specimens should not be killable like ordinary meet ..
They seem to be mainly spiritual and just partly corporeal and can have ability to dimension-shift for a flash of time

So what about adjust them to be vulnerable  by thinks that persist longer (ACID,FIRE, STUN / FREEZE) or slow moving projectiles
      - 0.1 # AP
      - 1.4 # Fire
      - 0.1 # HE
      - 0.1 # Gauss
      - 0.1 # Sonic
      - 0.6 # Stun
      - 0.1 # Melee
      - 1.0 # Acid
      - 1.2 # Smoke
      - 0.1 #laser

I am considering if Routine in HIT-FX  (coloring hits SHIELD,ARMOR, STUN) can be adjusted  to temporary made unit transparent or invisible 

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: February 08, 2023, 05:48:29 pm »
[Abyssians] I think these noble specimens should not be killable like ordinary meet ..
They seem to be mainly spiritual and just partly corporeal and can have ability to dimension-shift for a flash of time

So what about adjust them to be vulnerable  by thinks that persist longer (ACID,FIRE, STUN / FREEZE) or slow moving projectiles
      - 0.1 # AP
      - 1.4 # Fire
      - 0.1 # HE
      - 0.1 # Gauss
      - 0.1 # Sonic
      - 0.6 # Stun
      - 0.1 # Melee
      - 1.0 # Acid
      - 1.2 # Smoke
      - 0.1 #laser

I am considering if Routine in HIT-FX  (coloring hits SHIELD,ARMOR, STUN) can be adjusted  to temporary made unit transparent or invisible

This would make tackling abyssians too big a challenge. You would need to use acid weapons just for them. (Otherwise you don't really have any use for acid weapons so finding a use for them would not be a bad thing.) They have deadly weapons and float, so want to be able to one-shot them. You can't rely on melee. You don't have enough shok launchers researched or to deploy to use it against them.

IMO, lore-wise Abyssians have been intended to be weaklings you can slaughter at will until you learn they are your friends. It would be a significant change if you made them one of the toughest enemies in the game.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: February 08, 2023, 06:01:30 pm »
They seem to be mainly spiritual and just partly corporeal ...
Have you seen a jelly?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1987 on: February 08, 2023, 08:41:08 pm »
Code: [Select]
Bionic lighting devices produce two times more light than standard chemical flares and do so without blinding human eyes.
"Bionics" generally means a machine which mimics a living organism. Typically, this word is used for advanced prosthetics (like cybernetic implants). In this case, didn't you mean "biological"? Or are these devices actually "artificial flesh"?

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: February 08, 2023, 09:46:10 pm »
Have you seen a jelly?
Yes, even held in held.
However I've seen movie "Abyss"  as well - the Abyssian (jelly men) has origin based on this.
If this race is able to form water in huge shapes,  than after being hit they can reconstruct their body if not burned, frozen or dissolved.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: February 08, 2023, 10:27:37 pm »
This would make tackling abyssians too big a challenge. You would need to use acid weapons just for them. (Otherwise you don't really have any use for acid weapons so finding a use for them would not be a bad thing.) They have deadly weapons and float, so want to be able to one-shot them. You can't rely on melee. You don't have enough shok launchers researched or to deploy to use it against them.

IMO, lore-wise Abyssians have been intended to be weaklings you can slaughter at will until you learn they are your friends. It would be a significant change if you made them one of the toughest enemies in the game.
At first it seems to be difficult ,  however one can  use:
   - harpoon with
   - Jet harpoon with stun Clip (autoShot)
   - Gas Cannon, Hydro-jet or MicroTorp - all with incendiary ammunition (but setting fire damage reduction to 0,2 will make it even tougher)
   - Acid Guns
   - Thermal taser

What I would like to see is :
   - Jellymen weapons are dependent on interrogation - each one on different rank
   - Jelly men biologist is not advanced medic (for unlocking bio lab you need  enhanced aquatiod from Biolab mission)
   - Acid amunition for microtorpedo, gass canon and hydrojet

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: February 08, 2023, 10:45:38 pm »
   - Jelly men biologist is not advanced medic (for unlocking bio lab you need  enhanced aquatiod from Biolab mission)

You certainly seem to want an added challenge. I've played several SH/IM campaigns, and at least with that difficulty and hence no save scumming, Alien Biolab or Barge mission is essentially impossible (with aquatoids or heavy aqauatoids) unless you have screened and/or implanted your aquanauts already. I think once or twice I have tried the barge with two gauss heavy drones with aquanauts which haven't suffered from MC attacks in other missions (a very unreliable test) and barely survived, but Biolab would have been even more difficult.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: February 08, 2023, 11:09:51 pm »
You certainly seem to want an added challenge. I've played several SH/IM campaigns, and at least with that difficulty and hence no save scumming, Alien Biolab or Barge mission is essentially impossible (with aquatoids or heavy aqauatoids) unless you have screened and/or implanted your aquanauts already. I think once or twice I have tried the barge with two gauss heavy drones with aquanauts which haven't suffered from MC attacks in other missions (a very unreliable test) and barely survived, but Biolab would have been even more difficult.
Barge nad Biolab are  difficult but ..
  - if you place weapons in backpack Ai would not  equip them  ..
  - exosuits and pure knives work extremly well  vs aquatoids
  - you can stun first medic , take them to hand and abort mission

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: February 09, 2023, 08:17:03 am »
"Bionics" generally means a machine which mimics a living organism. Typically, this word is used for advanced prosthetics (like cybernetic implants). In this case, didn't you mean "biological"? Or are these devices actually "artificial flesh"?
Complicate question, indeed. Original aliens using part mechanical, part biological devices. Like pure bionic USO construction. So i decided to leave term "bionic" for all such stuff, where not clear what is alive and what is machine.

Yes, even held in held.
However I've seen movie "Abyss"  as well - the Abyssian (jelly men) has origin based on this.
If this race is able to form water in huge shapes,  than after being hit they can reconstruct their body if not burned, frozen or dissolved.
Then even more, i dont understand why you give them supernatural abilities. In the movie they was clearly deep dwellers, with subtle body and water-bending technology.
In TWoTS, they are a "glass cannon", who can be killed with ease, but can provide huge damage if shoot first.
You certainly seem to want an added challenge. ...
Indeed, i have received many suggestions to reduce difficulty. But, as Meridian proved, mod can be done without savescumming.

Thanks for feedback.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: February 09, 2023, 10:40:18 am »
Then even more, i dont understand why you give them supernatural abilities. In the movie they was clearly deep dwellers, with subtle body and water-bending technology.
In TWoTS, they are a "glass cannon", who can be killed with ease, but can provide huge damage if shoot first.Indeed, i have received many suggestions to reduce difficulty. But, as Meridian proved, mod can be done without savescumming.
Well I simply like the game as versatile as could be, with parallel  technologies (Bio,SONIC, Pwt, M.C.).
The intention altering Jellymen  was to add different  play style  (sniping wih HIGH tech from far does not work any longer)

I am not sure if its worth it, but another interesting feature for some  side missions will be adding limit for  only small transport (Seamaster, Typhoon, Hammerhead)

I appreciate a great amount of  work done on this mod. Nice experience to play

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: February 11, 2023, 07:51:14 am »
Still at least one missing floor tile in Hunter, allowing sight and shooting in/out of the sub.