aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 689291 times)

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.51)
« Reply #1890 on: June 05, 2022, 06:07:39 pm »
Ok, new QoL patch (submod) live now.
Changes:
The story line and research order left unchanged but interrogating live medic now could unlock same researches as manual in lab, doing corpses or live aliens. For example: you need molectronics to be unlocked, but have no luck capture live terrorist, you can unlock it if medic tells you info about live terrorist. Same for corpses. Now you need fact of autopsy which could be obtained asking medic as well. To do not break balance I've moved biodrones and triscenes to upgraded (mid and end game) medics only. This will prevent players unlock late game researches early as normal (not enhanced) aquatoid medic's bonus. Don't forget what all medic unlocks are random and to get necessary one (for example live biodrone) you need capture them as much as possible or research rest of aliens manually to reduce amount medic's bonus aliens articles which could be shown as interrogation result.
Bug fixes:
Acid torpedoes dependencies on heavy weapons
Interrogating live paladin shows right ufopaedia article now. 
Feel free to use (not use) it. I've tested it but might missed something. Don't hesitate report about bugs too.
P.S.
Update 8.06.22
Due to multiply bugs in my minimod I temporary removes it until they will be solved. Apologizes for any inconvenience.
P.P.S.
Update 9.06.22:
All mine ideas and small QoL patches I assembled now in small mod which posted on mod portal. If interested all welcomes:
https://openxcom.mod.io/qol-for-twots

« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 11:48:42 pm by Shiroi Bara »

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: June 11, 2022, 07:01:02 pm »
Hey Nord, could you please look at this cosmetic bug?

This guy wearing hard suit but game engine draw it as another armor. I don't have great experience yet to investigate myself, only have thoughts what this is something with lookVariant: 41 in save file. Not sure anyway. I'm using some mods include mine, but I think you could disable them in save file or it will loads fine just with warning. Thank you in advance.

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: June 23, 2022, 03:11:53 pm »
Good evening. I would just like to say thank you for creating this mod. I just finished the mod tonight, and it was a blast.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: June 23, 2022, 07:06:45 pm »
Good evening. I would just like to say thank you for creating this mod. I just finished the mod tonight, and it was a blast.
Thank you.
Hey Nord, could you please look at this cosmetic bug?

This guy wearing hard suit but game engine draw it as another armor. I don't have great experience yet to investigate myself, only have thoughts what this is something with lookVariant: 41 in save file. Not sure anyway. I'm using some mods include mine, but I think you could disable them in save file or it will loads fine just with warning. Thank you in advance.
Yes, a typo in "extrasprites.rul", thanks. Will be fixed.

Offline Gena Krokodilov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: June 25, 2022, 08:57:06 pm »
Nord,  hello and privet!

if you have a free few minutes, please answer to my question - which files i  need to use for successful game?

im prepared to start a new game in twots 2.51  on superhuman ironman (with manual savings in winrar archives sometime).

to achieve this goal i need:

1) only use your  twots 2.51 latest version?

2) or use your  twots 2.51 latest version and appliy over it newest        OXCE Extended-7.5.16-eb28defc8-2022-06-16-win64.7z     6/16/22 9:35 PM   5.68 Mib

3) or after all previous i need use  -  QoL for TWoTS for OpenXcom by Shiroi_Bara qol_for_twots_2.1.0.zip - ? is it good thing or is not approved thing from the author of mod? обобряемо? или кто?

THANKS IN ЗАРАНЕЕ ADVANCE !!!

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: June 25, 2022, 11:44:46 pm »
Gena Krokodilov
You could use only Nord's TWoTS without mine adjustments. TWoTS has some minor bugs but winnable even without  QoL. I made my sub-mod to make game a little easier. If you goal pure clean, use pure TWoTS. If you want some little help you may use QoL sub-mod. QoL not change story line, alien attack waves and other important aspects of TWoTS, it's just adds some features to help.

Offline Gena Krokodilov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: June 27, 2022, 06:18:44 pm »
Shiroi Bara
Hi there!

Im fully appreciated your effort in making QoL (but what doest it mean? this abbreviation hard to understand for me).
especially happy about your fixing knife damage vs lobsters - it is a really good thing.

but im very afraid of situation, when im already strated TWOTS with QoL, and then slowly playing campaign two or more months of real time, and then surprisingly have new version of QoL, which will be fixed new founded bugs, but also it needed to start a new campaign. im dont want to start a new campaign every time.
tell me, is it possible to make patches which doesnt demand to start a new game? or is it impossible.

sorry for my bad english. i hope that my main idea of this message i can formulate into english words.

Thanks in advance!

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: June 27, 2022, 06:38:07 pm »
QoL = quality of life, making the game smoother to play

I think almost always you can just update the mod and continue a game started with a previous version. I think you should be comfortable with starting now.

P.S. I'm interested in hearing how you plan to deal with randomly appearing hunter-killers. After they start approaching, do you plan to always accompany your transports with multiple defenders (see the earlier posts, I just save/reloaded in these cases but I wonder what will be your ironman strategy)?

Offline Gena Krokodilov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: June 27, 2022, 07:01:03 pm »
QoL = quality of life, making the game smoother to play

I think almost always you can just update the mod and continue a game started with a previous version. I think you should be comfortable with starting now.

P.S. I'm interested in hearing how you plan to deal with randomly appearing hunter-killers. After they start approaching, do you plan to always accompany your transports with multiple defenders (see the earlier posts, I just save/reloaded in these cases but I wonder what will be your ironman strategy)?

Thanks for the explanation!

im am cheater ironnman superhuman player.  >:( :o >:(

im frequently made a separate backup save in winrar archive. i know, it is not sport behaviour, also knowing it is a save game abusing. but this way im enjoying playng these cool oldscchool games. this way im can replay some moments.

last year im played twots 2,49. processed near the expedition to tleth, and researched last ship, but then ocassionally drop the campaign. on that 2.49 version i have not problems with hunter killers (green shielded small ships?). they probably kills my interceptors in 50% rate, but in other 50% my interceptors have a win at dogfights, especially 2 vs 1,  even without savegame abuse thing.

nowdays am planning to start a new campaing in twots 2.51.2 with QoL. but beware of same critical bugs. still waiting for stable version.

Offline Gena Krokodilov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: June 27, 2022, 07:16:54 pm »
do you plan to always accompany your transports with multiple defenders (see the earlier posts, I just save/reloaded in these cases but I wonder what will be your ironman strategy)?

yes. im defend my transportships.
 as soon as possible i send to mission transport ship only with support of interceptor. one or even two. in case when alien attacks, he atacks interceptor first.

or, in other case, im  firstly send to the PLACE an interceptor for engage the enemy fighters, and after that send to that place POSEIDON or other crew ship.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.50)
« Reply #1900 on: July 24, 2022, 08:48:08 pm »
Playing the latest TWoTS and OXCE snapshot. I suspect this may be an OXCE issue, though. If you try to build a triton, while not having a free sub pen, a transfer dialogue pops up. (It may be relevant that I have a second base which however does not yet have a sub pen. I wonder what would happen if you didn't have a second base, "transfer" would not be relevant then?) But if you can't transfer the existing craft out anywhere, you can't get out of the dialogue box and you are stuck - you must close the window and restart the game. Maybe the game should check first, before starting manufacturing, whether the requirements are fulfilled and not even open transfer window if not? And there also should be some way out of the transfer dialogue at least in this scenario?

I'm not aware of such a feature... and also can't reproduce anything similar to this.

Can you provide a save and instructions?

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.50)
« Reply #1901 on: July 25, 2022, 09:46:46 am »
I'm not aware of such a feature... and also can't reproduce anything similar to this.

Can you provide a save and instructions?

I can't reproduce this using your save or TWoTS. However, I no longer have saves from when this was occurring. I'm fairly certain I did not imagine a transfer dialogue popping up without any options to continue the game. Now, a brief look at the code doesn't suggest how this could occur. I remember wondering if it could be somehow related to the "sell/transfer manager" feature activated after missions which might force you to transfer or sell items that don't fit in the inventory after recovery.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: July 25, 2022, 11:04:19 am »
OK, I'm removing it from the todolist for now.
Please report if/when it happens again.

Offline Gena Krokodilov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: August 09, 2022, 06:41:51 pm »
Shiroi Bara,

Hi there! Your version of QoL 2.1.0 is the latest at this moment? Or more fresh version is available anywhere?
Thanks in advance! :)

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: August 10, 2022, 12:59:05 pm »
Yes, it's latest.