Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676482 times)

Offline Gena Krokodilov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.51)
« Reply #1860 on: May 03, 2022, 07:01:03 pm »
Also i can remember some old comment from someone from this forum - "when the updates are still coming in - its good - the project is still alive.
be awere, when xcom will be 1.0 and no more fresh updates deployed"

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: May 03, 2022, 07:12:14 pm »
No!

Several years ago patches was produced everyday - nightlies e.t.c.

These days updates on OXC, OXCE, TWOTS,  FINAL MOD PACK dropped once in a month. All fatal and critical bugs are fixed.

OXCE nightlies are still produced daily.

You can always download a nightly build if you want, it's not a secret.
Current OXCE nightly is v7.5.14 and the bug we're talking about is already solved.
(Also, that bug is not fatal or critical... it's completely harmless)

Offline Gena Krokodilov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: May 03, 2022, 07:25:12 pm »
OXCE nightlies are still produced daily.

You can always download a nightly build if you want, it's not a secret.
Current OXCE nightly is v7.5.14 and the bug we're talking about is already solved.
(Also, that bug is not fatal or critical... it's completely harmless)

Hard to find that newest nightly is v7.5.14.

OXC newest nightlies are in the main page of openxcomsite.

OXCE releases didnt have any page on openxcomsite

OXCE only have a thread on a forum, which is named - OXCE v7.5.3 download & installation guide

in this thread i have found bleeding edge OXCE nightly preview page, scroll it list to end, and find there only Extended-7.5.9-1ca5b37bb-2022-04-04-win64.7z
4/5/22 2:40 AM   5.68 Mib

where i can find a Current OXCE nightly is v7.5.14 :o
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 07:30:58 pm by Gena Krokodilov »

Offline Gena Krokodilov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: May 03, 2022, 07:40:17 pm »
founded it

in that page with bleeding edge OXCE nightly preview

naming scheme was terrible without using 01, 02, 03, e.t.c.

it uses 1, 2, 3.
 in that case 9 will be after 14. >:( :o :-[

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: May 21, 2022, 11:03:55 pm »
Played today against sharkmen and found what using acid against them produce interesting effect - if they not die but acid spread to them ( sprite goes green) they fall asleep instead of death, but dies eventually on next turn. This is new for me. Can someone explain me that new mechanics? And can I prevent death of falling asleep of necessary alien in case of needed rank (navigator dilemma)? Or they die anyway?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: May 23, 2022, 10:00:42 am »
Played today against sharkmen and found what using acid against them produce interesting effect - if they not die but acid spread to them ( sprite goes green) they fall asleep instead of death, but dies eventually on next turn. This is new for me. Can someone explain me that new mechanics? And can I prevent death of falling asleep of necessary alien in case of needed rank (navigator dilemma)? Or they die anyway?
If someone got too much stun, they fall in coma and begin to die slowly. This state is indicated by snowflake icon. You can apply stimulant to this unit, but it can awake.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: May 23, 2022, 09:41:40 pm »
Sorry but may be me asked wrong question or you don't understand what I mean. Acid now could sleep enemies (ZZZ symbol) but they die immediately on next turn. This sleep effect interesting and fall body not looks like has acid on (normal non green bodies). I'm just wondering is it possible prevent death of alien what you need if it fall asleep because of acid. May be use neutralizer? Is it possible target fall body on land with it?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: May 25, 2022, 08:58:21 am »
Sorry but may be me asked wrong question or you don't understand what I mean. Acid now could sleep enemies (ZZZ symbol) but they die immediately on next turn. This sleep effect interesting and fall body not looks like has acid on (normal non green bodies). I'm just wondering is it possible prevent death of alien what you need if it fall asleep because of acid. May be use neutralizer? Is it possible target fall body on land with it?
For better understanding, please provide savegame.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: May 25, 2022, 08:12:31 pm »
Here we go. This is new battle save game against carcharadons. You can see sleep alien (took 2 hit to sleep) near Poseidon. Feel free to investigate yourself.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: May 27, 2022, 02:18:26 pm »
Just some suggestion - currently normal knife can easy kill Lobsterman on SH and other melee vulnerable aliens but vibroknife can't. It's kinda joke because usopedia  says about effectiveness against non armored enemies. It because of armor piercing 150% and strength bonus which vibroblade has not. I made some small QoL patch what swap those parameters and make knife useless against hard armored and late game enemies but still useful on early stages. I think this fair because obtaining vibroknife require some time and research and making it more useful but not too over powerful against aliens who has resistance to melee. Feel free to test it or use if need. If Nord decides change stats  of both  knives later in next mod patch it's up to him. For people who want use my patch just extract it to mod folder and enable it as mod in OXCE menu.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 06:10:08 pm by Shiroi Bara »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: May 27, 2022, 03:43:36 pm »
Here we go. This is new battle save game against carcharadons. You can see sleep alien (took 2 hit to sleep) near Poseidon. Feel free to investigate yourself.
Ok, got it. Deep water pressure kills him. Hm. Maybe leave as it is?

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: May 27, 2022, 04:21:12 pm »
Do as you wish. You the author :) Just wonder why aliens not die but fall asleep instead sometimes. It's funny effect anyway. But you investigation explain deaths on next turn now and this fair enough. I mean what if enemies fall asleep while have acid on and health close to zero death by water pressure is fair. Thank you for you time.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: May 28, 2022, 08:26:28 pm »
I added snap shot to sonic autogun for chance of reaction fire. Tasoth guardians are not fun on hardest difficulty and not having chance to react with this great weapon against them or annoying tentaculats  is bad. Of course it's possible to use something else but if Gauss autogun has it why not add to sonic too? Just little QoL again. To use or not use up to players. 

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: May 30, 2022, 10:40:58 am »
Researching acid weapons before heavy aquatic weapons allow player produce acid torpedoes. File manafacture.rul:
Code: [Select]
- name: STR_ACID_TORPEDO
    category: STR_AMMUNITION
    requires:
     - STR_H_ACID_WEAPONS
missing line:
Code: [Select]
    - STR_AQUAWEAP_2
Fixed file attached:

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: May 31, 2022, 12:05:37 am »
A couple of potential tech/item issues I spotted:
 - ADS alien clip is in every way (damage, clip size, etc.) inferior to the regular ADS clip. Is this intended or an oversight? Description etc. seems to suggest it should be better.
 - Aquatoid commander does not unlock the use of shard weapons, but most/all other commanders do. I suppose an aquatoid commander should be able to divulge this information like the rest. Is this intentional?